Subject: Fw: Fwd: Asparagus please read the entire article
From: "Michael B" <[email-masked]>
To: "Laura Fox" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 09:08:34 -0500

Hello Laura.
Vance also sent me the article below and I thought I would forward that as well.
I love you and God Bless!
Michael B

From: Vance Saunders 
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 8:51 PM
To: Mike Bishop 
Subject: Fwd: Asparagus please read the entire article

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

  From: [email-masked]
  Date: November 10, 2013, 6:45:41 PM EST
  To: Susan Howard <[email-masked]>, Kevin Duff <[email-masked]>, Vance Saunders <[email-masked]>, Steve Dible <[email-masked]>, Susan Kesteloot <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
  Subject: Fwd: Asparagus  please read the entire article

  Sent from my iPad

  Begin forwarded message:

    From: Steve <[email-masked]>
    Date: November 10, 2013, 7:37:41 AM EST
    To: Aaron Hitchcock <[email-masked]>
    Cc: John Imeson <[email-masked]>, Joseph Kinnaman <[email-masked]>, Randy Carpenter <[email-masked]>, Wendy Zamora <[email-masked]>
    Subject: Fwd: Fw: Asparagus  please read the entire article

         

         

         

         

         

     

     FYI

    From a reader of the following message on asparagus
    When I was in the USN I was stationed in Key West, FL. I worked at the clinic at Naval Air Station on Big Coppitt Key just a few mile north of Key West. The hospital at Key West was for out patient only for retired armed forces personnel that lived in the area. If you needed to be hospitalized you were sent to Homestead AFB Florida. I had the day off and just went inside the hospital(Corpsman barracks were next to hospital). There was a retired navy man that worked in the lab and he was very interesting gentleman to talk with. He was a retired biochemist from the USN. he asked me what was going on that day and I said I had the day off. I wish I was working as the crew on today was taking a sailor to Homestead as he had a very bad kidney infection. Now this elderly gent told me the man should have eaten more asparagus and he wouldn't have that problem. I asked why? I'll never forget him saying do you eat asparagus and I said yes, I love them. He replied you notice how your urine stinks after eating asparagus? I said well I never thought it was what I ate but yes it does have a pungent odor. It is because it is detoxifying your body of harmful chemicals!!! This was back in 1986 when I was stationed there and to read this email again I had to share this story...Eat more asparagus my friends. 

    Asparagus -- Who knew?

    My Mom had been taking the full-stalk canned style
    asparagus, pureed it and took 4 tablespoons in
    the morning and 4 tablespoons later in the day. She did
    this for over a month. She is on chemo pills for Stage 3
    lung cancer in the pleural area and her cancer cell
    count went from 386 down to 125 as of this past week.
    Her oncologist said she will not need to see him for 3
    months.

    THE ARTICLE:
    Several years ago I met a man seeking asparagus for a
    friend who had cancer. He gave me a copy of an article,
    entitled "Asparagus For Cancer" printed in the
    Cancer News Journal, December 1979. I will share it
    here, just as it was shared with me: I am a
    biochemist, and have specialized in the relation of diet
    to health or over 50 years. Several years ago, I learned
    of the discovery of Richard R. Vensal, D.D.S. that
    asparagus might cure cancer. Since then, I have worked
    with him on his project. We have accumulated a number 
    of favorable case histories. Here are a few examples:

    Case No. 1, A man with an almost hopeless case
    of Hodgkin's disease (cancer of the lymph glands) who
    was completely incapacitated. Within 1 year of starting
    the asparagus therapy, his doctors were unable to
    detect any signs of cancer, and he was back on a
    schedule of strenuous exercise.
    Case No. 2, A successful businessman, 68 years old,
    suffered from cancer of the bladder for 16 years.
    After years of medical treatments, including radiation
    without improvement, he began taking asparagus. Within 3 
    months, examinations revealed that his bladder tumor
    had disappeared and that his kidneys were normal.

    Case No. 3, On March 5th 1971, a man who had lung
    cancer was put on the operating table where they found
    lung cancer so widely spread that it was inoperable.
    The surgeon sewed him up and declared his case
    hopeless. On April 5th he heard about the Asparagus 
    therapy and immediately started taking it. By August,
    x-ray pictures revealed that all signs of the cancer had
    disappeared. He is now back at his regular business
    routine.

    Case No. 4, A woman had been troubled for a number of
    years with skin cancer. She developed different skin cancers
    which were diagnosed by the acting specialist as advanced.
    Within 3 months after beginning asparagus therapy, the skin
    specialist said her skin looked fine with no more skin lesions.
    This woman reported that the asparagus therapy also cured her
    kidney disease, which had started in 1949. She had over 10
    operations for kidney stones, and was receiving government
    disability payments for an inoperable, terminal, kidney condition.
    She attributes the cure of this kidney trouble entirely to the
    asparagus treatment.

    I was not surprised at this result as `The elements of
    materia medica', edited in 1854 by a Professor at the
    University of Pennsylvania , stated that asparagus was
    used as a popular remedy for kidney stones. He even
    referred to experiments, in 1739, on the power of
    asparagus in dissolving stones. Note the dates!
    We would have other case histories but the medical
    establishment has interfered with our obtaining some
    of the records. I am therefore appealing to readers to
    spread this good news and help us to gather a large
    number of case histories that will overwhelm the
    medical skeptics about this unbelievably simple and
    natural remedy.

    For the treatment, asparagus should be cooked
    before using. Fresh or canned asparagus can be
    used. I have corresponded with the two leading canners
    of asparagus, Giant and Stokely, and I am satisfied that
    these brands contain no pesticides or preservatives.
    Place the cooked asparagus in a blender and liquefy to
    make a puree. Store in the refrigerator. Give the patient
    4 full tablespoons twice daily, morning and evening.
    Patients usually show some improvement in 2-4 weeks.
    It can be diluted with water and used as a cold or hot drink.
    This suggested dosage is based on present experience,
    but certainly larger amounts can do no harm and may be
    needed in some cases.
    As a biochemist I am convinced of the old saying that `what
    cures can prevent.' Based on this theory, my wife and I
    have been using asparagus puree as a beverage with
    our meals. We take 2 tablespoons diluted in water to
    suit our taste with breakfast and with dinner. I take
    mine hot and my wife prefers hers cold. For years we
    have made it a practice to have blood surveys taken as
    part of our regular checkups. The last blood survey,
    taken by a medical doctor who specializes in the
    nutritional approach to health, showed substantial
    improvements in all categories over the last one, and
    we can attribute these improvements to nothing but
    the asparagus drink. As a biochemist, I have made an
    extensive study of all aspects of cancer, and all of the
    proposed cures. As a result, I am convinced that
    asparagus fits in better with the latest theories about cancer.

    Asparagus contains a good supply of protein called
    histones, which are believed to be active in controlling
    cell growth. For that reason, I believe asparagus can
    be said to contain a substance that I call cell growth
    normalizer. That accounts for its action on cancer and
    in acting as a general body tonic. In any event,
    regardless of theory, asparagus used as we suggest, is
    a harmless substance. The FDA cannot prevent you
    from using it and it may do you much good. It has
    been reported by the US National Cancer Institute, that
    asparagus is the highest tested food containing
    glutathione, which is considered one of the body's
    most potent anticarcinogens and antioxidants.

    Just a side note... In case you are wondering why this has
    not been made public, there is no profit in curing cancer!

    Please send this article to everyone in your Address Book.
    The most unselfish act one can ever do is paying forward
    all the kindness one has received.