Subject: State of Washington
From: "Maureen Miller" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:48:57 -0400

Hi Mike,

I am working with Rick on the forms for the State of Washington.  The
return in question is the Combined Excise Tax Return and it includes the
sales and use tax.  There was a change in the way the State of
Washington is handling the sales tax.  As of July 1, 2008 they have
changed how they handle the Sales of goods through the internet.   You
are now responsible for collecting Washington Sales Tax as of July 1st.

 

We need to complete the filing of the Combined Excise Tax Return for the
period ending March 31st and June 30th.  Since the change went into
effect July 1st we may be able to file these returns as zero returns.  I
would like to contact the Leah Stevens to discuss this with her.  I have
attached a copy of the Confidential Tax Information Authorization for
your signature.  Please have it signed and returned to me.

I would also like to discuss with you the details that are needed for
sales to customers in Washington as of July 1, 2008.   As of September
30, 2008 we are at another quarter end and will have to look into filing
the return for the 3rd quarter.  Would you please give me a call when
you have a moment to discuss this?

Thanks,

Maureen

 

Maureen A. Miller, C.P.A.

Hall & Romkema

3495 Coolidge Road

East Lansing, MI 48823

(517) 337-8900