Subject: Background Checks
From: Labor Law <[email-masked]>
To: Rochelle Stalter <[email-masked]>
Cc: Rita Kurtz <[email-masked]>, Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 11:31:26 -0400

After the Demarcus Chandler situation I just wanted to confirm a couple
things. I would like to confirm that all applicants are being checked for
criminal history. I would also like to make sure that if someone has worked
here before that you let me know well before Friday orientation. I would
like to approve whether they are eligible to return here. This is the
reason I have requested an updated list for Friday orientation on Thursdays
so I can look over the list and make sure there is no one that is not
eligible for rehire. There has been twice this season where former
employees have showed up for Friday orientation and I did not approve of
them returning.
I received an email on August 31 from Rita asking if Angela Coates would be
eligible for return. I explained why I did not want her to return. On
September 9 she showed up here for orientation.
As far as Demarcus, I received an email from Crystal in January asking if
he could return. She informed me that he had a felony for uttering and
publishing. I said no I did not want him to return. He showed up this past
Friday for orientation. I never received a list for the orientation so I
had no idea that a former employee was showing up that day. This is why I
would like the orientation list before anyone shows up here at the call
center. I'm not exactly sure why you did not find his felon background
either. Is there anyone else with criminal backgrounds that are slipping
through also? This is our concern.
Thank you,
Angela