Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 09:52:17 -0500

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

January 6, 2009

“All the believers were one in heart and mind.  No one claimed that any of
his possessions was his own, 

but they shared everything they had.”  Acts 4:32

 

 

Attachments:

1.  School Supply Needs List 

Coming up at NCCS

 

1/6                               School Resumes for 2009

1/19                             MLK Jr. Birthday

                                    High School Service Day – ½ Day

 

 

This Week in Sports   

Maps to away games are available from the coach.   Directions will not be
faxed, emailed, or given over the telephone.

Co-Ed Youth Basketball – all games at Our Savior Lutheran School

1/10                 12pm vs. OSL Moldenhauer

Boys’ JH Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

 1/9                  5pm at Capitol City Baptist, Holt

Boys’ JV Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

1/6                   6pm at Webberville H.S., Webberville

Boys’ Varsity Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

1/6                   7:30pm at Webberville H.S., Webberville

1/9                   7:30pm at Capitol City Baptist, Holt

Girls’ Varsity Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

1/9                   6pm at Capitol City Baptist, Holt

A FRIEND HAS GONE TO HEAVEN:  Yesterday we learned that Dana Castonguay
passed away.  In the following days, especially, we want to be sure and pray
for the family:

*          For God’s grace and love to enfold June (Mrs. Castonguay), Abby,
and all the family as they move through this time

*          For God’s abundant provision to be released to June and the
family

Visitation will be Friday, January 9th from 2:00-4:00pm and from 6:00-8:00pm
at the Palmer Bush Funeral Home (520 E Mount Hope, Lansing 48910.  Phone:
484-5349).  The funeral will be held Saturday, January 10th at 10:30am at
New Covenant.  The obituary can be viewed at:
http://www.webfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=219833
<http://www.webfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=219833&fh_id=10340>
&fh_id=10340

For those desiring to send cards to the family, the home address is:  5121
Peony Place, Lansing, MI  48911.

Betsy Gillengerten has graciously offered to schedule and deliver meals for
the family.  If you would like to provide the Castonguay’s with a meal in
the coming days or weeks, please contact Betsy at school or home (712-8477
or
<http://webmailb.juno.com/webmail/new/8?folder=Inbox&msgNum=00000W00:0019OfO
H00000AB2&block=1&msgNature=all&msgStatus=all&count=1231248166&content=centr
al##> [email-masked]) to schedule your day; scheduling meals will
help us avoid having too many meals provided at once and duplication of
dishes.  Meals can be dropped off in the school office.

ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING MR. SPENCER:  We were informed over Christmas Break
that Mr. Spencer will not be able to continue his teaching position.  We are
currently looking for a Spanish teacher to take his place.  

SCHOOL PAPER AND SUPPLY DRIVE:  At the beginning of the school year, each
student brought in two reams of paper.  We are happy to announce that the
paper supply has lasted almost the entire first semester!  Now that the
paper supply is dwindling, we are holding a “paper drive”.  If each family
could bring in 2-3 reams of white 20 lb. paper to the school office, that
should help us through the remainder of the school year.  Also, please see
the attached list of other supplies we are currently in need of and will not
be able to purchase in light of recent cuts to the school supply budget.  If
you are able to meet any of the listed needs, please drop the items off in
the school office.  This is a perfect example of how our school family can
work together during this time, each of us doing a little to help the school
as a whole.  The school staff is extremely grateful to those families who
have already brought in paper and other supplies!  God bless you.  

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!  NCCS is planning a major fundraiser on February 28th.
We’ll be holding a silent and live auction and are in need of church and
school volunteers to serve on a working task force to plan the details for
an “OVER THE TOP” successful event.  Please contact Jim Ryckman at 323-8903
to help out!

REGARDING ACSI EVENTS:  Due to budget restrictions, the elementary and
middle school classes will not be participating in the ACSI spelling,
speech, math, and creative writing competitions this year.  We will have
school competitions.  (The cost for traveling to the ACSI regional
competitions includes the cost of substitute teachers on those days as well
as approximately $400 in student registrations).

DUAL ENROLLMENT OPPORTUNITIES:  NCCS will be offering dual enrollment
opportunities for home school students at the start of the second semester.
Please help us pass the word about this opportunity to home schooling
families you know, and direct any inquiries for specific information to the
school office.  Thank you for your help…this is a great way to expand our
current enrollment!

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.   Orders placed this Wednesday will be
available for pick-up next Thursday, January 15th, from 8:00am – 8:30am.
Please contact Carmen Fitch with any questions at [email-masked] or
974-5002.  

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am on Friday.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in to
the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Preordering for nachos is not necessary; just come with your money and a
hungry appetite.  Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for
another $1.00.  Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  All
money earned will go toward the senior class mission trip at the end of the
year.

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen’s 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  Yummy Beef Stroganoff with meatballs is on the menu for
hot lunch this Thursday.  This one time only, pre-ordering will not be
necessary…just come to the counter at lunch to make your purchase.  All
proceeds will help the 4/5/6th graders go on their fun, but very educational
trip to Chicago at the end of the year.  Any questions or suggestions for
hot lunch? Contact Mary Hedin at 394-5729. Thanks for your continued
support.

FRIDAY PIZZA DAY:  The proceeds go towards the Class of 2009 senior mission
trip.  Pizza forms will be emailed home with the Warrior Weekly.  Pizza
forms are also available at the Communication Station outside the school
office.  Please fill out your pizza order form, and put it in the PIZZA box
outside the office BEFORE Wednesday at 3:00pm.