Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "New Covenant Christian School" <[email-masked]>
To: "New Covenant Christian School" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:28:22 -0400

Parents, please see information about the upcoming retreats.  If your
student is in 7th/8th grade please look for that attachment, and if your
student is in high school please see that attachment.

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email:
[email-masked]     Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

September 5, 2006

 

"Observe the commands of the Lord your God, walking in his ways and revering
him."  Deuteronomy 8:6

Attachments:

1.	Principal's Page / Retreat Information
2.	Friday Senior Pizza Form

 

Coming up at NCCS

Sept. 11                       Seniors at High School Retreat

                                    Parent Teacher Coalition at 7:00pm

Sept. 13                       Grades 9 - 11 report to Retreat

Sept. 15                       High School returns from Retreat

Sept. 15/16                  Middle School Retreat

NCCS Sports Schedule

Boys' Varsity Soccer - Home games played at GLCC

Sept.  5                       5:00pm at Flint Valley, Flint

Sept. 8             5:00pm at Calhoun Christian, Battle Creek  

Girls' Varsity Basketball - Home games played at Aim High

Sept.  8                        6:30pm at Calhoun Christian, Battle Creek

 

KEY SCRIPTURES & PRAYER POINTS AS WE BEGIN THIS YEAR:

Ps 78:1-8

O my people, hear my teaching; listen to the words of my mouth. 2 I will
open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things, things from of old--
3 what we have heard and known, what our fathers have told us. 4 We will not
hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the
praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. 5 He
decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he
commanded our forefathers to teach their children, 6 so the next generation
would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would
tell their children. 7 Then they would put their trust in God and would not
forget his deeds but would keep his commands. 8 They would not be like their
forefathers--a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not
loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him. 

NIV

*         That we would remember and pass on the knowledge and understanding
of the inheritance of the Lord to the next generation (the knowledge of Him,
the wonders He has done in our lives, the commandments He has given, the
wisdom He will impart, the revelation of the Kingdom here and now in His
people)

*         That the next generation would have a heart toward God - desiring
His presence and blessing more than their own way.

*         That our children and our grandchildren would be faithful to God. 

1 Chron 12:32

Of the sons of Issachar, men who understood the times, with knowledge of
what Israel should do,

*         That our children would be trained as the men of Issachar and be
able to understand the times we live in and be effective and productive
ambassadors for the Kingdom of God.

****************************************************************************
************************

FAMILY DIRECTORY:  If you did not pick up your current Family Directory at
the Ice Cream Social, it is available in the school office.  If you notice
any errors, please call the office as soon as possible so corrections can be
made.  The directory was printed before some families registered, so a list
of new families and corrections will be coming out next week.

MILK PROGRAM:  Milk will be available for lunches beginning Monday,
September 11th. You can purchase a milk card in the school office.  A $5.00
punch card gives you 13 milks, or you can purchase milk daily for $.75.
When purchasing milk, please have exact change or write a check payable to
NCCS; the school office will not be able to provide change. 

PARENT TEACHER COALITION MEETING:  The Parent Teacher Coalition meets the
second Monday of the month at 7:00pm in Mr. Hravatic's room.  We are looking
for parents to help represent their child's classroom. Please attend our
first meeting on Monday, September 11th and hear what is on Mr. Sochay's
heart for this school year.  Contact Lisa Prince (627-0987) if you have any
questions.

SENIOR FRIDAY PIZZA SALES:  The Senior class will begin selling pizza this
Friday.  Return the attached form to the wooden "Friday Pizza" box across
from the office before 3:00pm on Wednesday for your order to be guaranteed.
A limited number of slices may be available on Friday for those who do not
pre-order by 3:00pm Wednesday.  You may write a check payable to NCCS or pay
with cash.  Please note, the school office will not be able to provide
change.

TAP:  The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) has begun!  Stop by the TAP table
in the lobby between 2:45pm and 3:45pm on Wednesday to sign up for this
school year or to receive more information on how you can reduce tuition
costs through this valuable program.  You can also contact Carmen Fitch
(974-5002) for more information or to volunteer your time to help at the TAP
table.

OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE AT NCCS

OFFICE HELP:  A big THANK YOU to Shawn Premer, Joan LeGwin, Janelle
Richardson, and Michelle Pomales for volunteering their time to cover the
school office during my lunch break!  Tuesday is the only day not covered;
if you are available to help during this time, please call the school
office.  Mrs. Sochay

WANTED: Do you have experience laying carpet?  We have new carpet for Mr.
Hravatic's room and could use your help installing it.  Please contact Lisa
Prince (627-0987) if you can help.

SPORTS

AIM HIGH ENTRANCE FEE:  Due to events beyond our control, we have been
forced to accept an agreement with Aim High Basketball Academy that will
change how we do business with them for our basketball seasons.  One change,
effective immediately, is that family passes will no longer be allowed.  If
you recently purchased a family pass, a refund check was mailed to you on
Friday, September 1st.  Aim High will now charge a $3.00 admission fee for
all adults, students, and children.  More information about these changes is
available in the school office.