Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:59:40 -0400

Happy Monday, NCCS families!

We have a single mom in need of transportation help for her three NCCS
students (Tyler, Troy, and Tara Dawdy).  Charla Dawdy is looking for someone
who can take her children home with them and she will pick them up from your
home after she gets out of work at 5:00pm.  She is looking for one or more
persons who can help her out Monday-Friday.  She will supply the kids with
after-school snacks.  If you are able to meet this need, please contact
Charla at 449-1970.

There have been a couple of soccer schedule changes made since the Warrior
Weekly was printed on Friday.  The corrected schedule is below in the Sports
Schedules box, but is incorrect in the hard-copy Warrior Weekly.  Please
note these changes are:           9/17     5pm at home vs. Howell High
School (game added)
 
9/18     5pm game vs. Rudolf Steiner has been changed to October 1st 

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary/Administrative Asst.

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

September 15, 2008

"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be
refreshed."  Proverbs 11:25

Attachments:

1.         High School Retreat Information

2.         TAP/ShopWithScrip.com Information

3.         Fazoli's Basketball Fundraiser

4.         Friday Pizza - sent by email only

 

Coming up at NCCS

Sept. 22             Seniors leave for Retreat

Sept. 24             Gr. 9-11 leave for Retreat

Sept. 26             Gr 9-12 return from Retreat

NCCS Sports This Week

Maps to away games will be provided by your athlete's coach.

 

Co-Ed Cross Country - *indicates that Junior High will run in their own
separate race at the Junior High distance.

9/16     4:30pm @ Sycamore Golf Course vs. Okemos/Gr. Ledge/Everett 

9/18*   4:30pm @ Mason High School for the Mason Invitational 

Boys' Varsity Soccer - home games held at Great Lakes Christian College

9/16                 5:00pm at home vs. Springvale Academy

9/17                 5:00pm at home vs. Howell High School (GAME ADDED)

9/18                 5:00pm at Rudolf Steiner - Ann Arbor  (CHANGED TO
OCTOBER 1st)

9/20                 10:15am Tournament at Dansville Soccer Field vs.
Hillsdale

                        11:30am or 12:45pm   2nd Tournament game

PARENT-STUDENT HANDBOOK: The Parent-Student Handbook was revised over the
summer, and some important changes and clarifications have been made that
you need to know about.  Please read the updated handbook by logging on to
the school website (www.nccswarriors.org).  You will find a pdf version of
the Handbook located under the Warrior Community tab.  Please contact Mrs.
Sochay in the office if you do not have internet access and need a hard copy
of the handbook.  One important change involves communication (see handbook
page 9).  Unless there is an emergency, the school office will no longer be
delivering messages to student lockers.  Instead, student messages will be
posted on the bulletin board outside the school office which has been
renamed "Communication Station".  Students can check the Communication
Station to see if a message has been left for them there, and if necessary,
return the call before school, during lunch, or after school.  Messages that
are truly emergencies will be promptly delivered to the student.  

COMMUNICATION WITH SCHOOL STAFF:  Parents, we are here for you and want to
hear from you!  

*	You may call NCCS staff during the school day or email them at any
time.  If they are unable to receive your call at that time, you will be
directed to leave a voice mail.  Additionally, home phone numbers and email
addresses for staff members are available in the NCCS Family Directory.  
*	It is crucial that all student records be kept up-to-date!  Parents,
please immediately communicate to the office any changes of address,
telephone number, place of employment, or emergency contacts.
*	The school office does a significant amount of communication via
email.  If you haven't provided Mrs. Sochay with your email or don't check
it regularly, then you will miss some important communication.  Please let
the office know if you'd prefer to receive school communication at an email
address other than the one currently being used. 
*	An all-school newsletter (Warrior Weekly) will be issued by the
office on the first day of each week, alerting families to all pertinent
information and upcoming scheduled events, noting especially any changes or
additions to the school calendar or sporting events. The Warrior Weekly will
be emailed to all school families who provide an email address, and one will
be given to every student.  It is the student's responsibility to give the
newsletter to the parent.  Additional copies of the Warrior Weekly are
available at the Communication Station outside the school office.  Please
check the Warrior Weekly for current information before calling the school
office.

NCCS FAMILY DIRECTORY:  Family directories, which were traditionally given
out at the Ice Cream Social, will be sent home with students later this
week.

HIGH SCHOOL RETREAT:  Retreat is coming up next week!  Please see the
attachment for more information.

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen's 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.

FRIDAY PIZZA DAY:  Friday Pizza Day is back!  The proceeds go towards the
Class of 2009 senior mission trip.  Pizza forms will be emailed home with
the Warrior Weekly.  Pizza forms are also available at the Communication
Station outside the school office.  In order to conserve resources, pizza
forms will no longer be attached to the Warrior Weekly.  Please fill out
your pizza order form and put it in the PIZZA box outside the office BEFORE
Wednesday at 3:00pm.  

TUITION REDUCTION PROGRAMS:  Are you looking for ways to reduce your tuition
at NCCS?  We have a few different options available for you:  TAP, Meijer
Community Rewards, and Upromise Schools Program.  We encourage all families
to participate in these programs.they really do work to reduce your tuition!
We have families who have reduced their tuition by several hundred dollars
using one or more of these programs.  Information on these programs is also
available at the Communication Station outside the school office.   

*	Our Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) enables you to buy gift
certificates for many of your favorite restaurants, grocery stores, gas
stations and retail stores through www.shopwithscrip.com
<http://www.shopwithscrip.com/> .  These gift certificates have been
purchased from more than 125 retailers at discounts ranging from 2-20%. You
will be able to purchase the gift certificates at face value, and the amount
of the retailer's discount is passed on to you in the form of a tuition
credit (minus 1% threshold which NCCS will retain to maintain this program
and help fund a gymnasium). This is the same successful program that many
other Christian schools use and is sometimes referred to as T.R.I.P.
(Tuition Reduction Incentive Program).  For more information on TAP, please
contact the Program Coordinator, Carmen Fitch (974-5002 or
[email-masked]).  Attention TAP users!  There have been major changes
in the way TAP is run this year; please see additional information in the
newsletter.
*	We also participate in the Meijer Community Rewards Program (MCR).
By simply scanning your Meijer Rewards Card, you can accumulate a
significant credit towards your tuition.  Additional information and sign-up
forms are available at the Communication Station, your local Meijer store,
or online at www.Meijer.com/rewards.  The school code for New Covenant
Christian School is 765765.  For more information on MCR, please contact the
Program Coordinator, Jenn Crippen (719-6696).  
*	New Covenant Christian School is now a participant in the Upromise
Schools Program.  When you sign up to participate in the Upromise Schools
Program, the money NCCS receives will be credited to your tuition the
following school year.  Learn more about this program or sign up by visiting
www.upromise.com/schools.  When signing up, check the box that allows the
coordinator to see that you are a participant in the program.  You must make
sure the school office has your email address to participate in this program
otherwise you will miss important communication that will result in money
not being credited to your account.  For more information on this program,
please contact the Program Coordinator, Christy Sochay (323-8903 or
[email-masked]). 

ATTENTION ALL TAP USERS:  There have been major changes in the Tuition
Assistance Program (TAP)!   All orders must be placed online at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  and paid for using
Presto Pay.  Checks will not be accepted.  You can enroll in Presto Pay from
the www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  website.  Keep in
mind it takes a couple of days to authorize your Presto Pay account.  Any
order placed by Wednesday at 3:00pm will be available for pickup Thursday
morning before school of the following week.  You can place your order
online before Wednesday, but orders will not be released for payment until
Wednesday at 3:00pm.  Order pickup will be on Thursday mornings before
school at the secondary school entrance (Commons door) from 7:45am-8:30am.
At the website you will be able to access your own previous orders and see
where you stand, and you will know what is available for purchase when you
order.  You will also be able to see any conditions or restrictions on the
actual gift card from the ordering pages.  Reloadable gift cards are
available at the website; please be sure to follow instructions exactly for
your tuition account to be credited when reloading.  Keep in mind that the
1% threshold amount is not taken off the amounts that you see on your
rebates.  Important TAP information will be communicated through the Warrior
Weekly. See the attachment for more information on using
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  (also available at
the Communication Station).    For more information on TAP, please contact
the Program Coordinator, Carmen Fitch (974-5002 or [email-masked]).
Thank you, Carmen, for all the work you do to keep this program running!