Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:04:53 -0500

One correction from the printed copy of the Warrior Weekly:  the Elementary
Thanksgiving Celebration is actually at 10:30am, not 10:45am.

 

I think it is also time to send another reminder about the NCCS attendance
policy, in particular, absences from school.  Revisions were made to the
policy over the summer and families were asked to review the updated
Parent-Student Handbook (see online version at
http://www.nccswarriors.org/pdf/HANDBOOKrevised2008.pdf or contact the
school office to receive a hard copy).  Note that absences from school
(other than illness/doctor appointments), must be pre-arranged through the
school office and teachers in order to be considered excused and credit
given for work missed.  If you know your student will be absent from school,
make sure you make arrangements with the office in advance.

 

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary/Administrative Asst.

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

November 24, 2008

"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of
praise - 

the fruit of lips that confess his name."  Hebrews 13:15

Attachments:

1.  December Cleaning Schedule

 

Coming up at NCCS

 

11/26                           Elem. Thanksgiving Celebration - 10:45am
10:30am

Elementary only dismissed at NOON

                                    Service Day (Secondary only) - regular
dismissal time

11/27                           School Closed

11/28                           School Closed

12/8                             Parent-Teacher Coalition

12/12                           Elementary & Secondary Christmas Program -
7:00pm

 

REMINDERS:  The kindergarten - 6th grade Thanksgiving Celebration will be
held this Wednesday at 10:45am 10:30am in the Sanctuary.  Elementary
students only will be dismissed at noon.  Secondary students will be
participating in our annual Service Day and will be dismissed at 3:00pm as
usual.  Please make sure secondary students are dressed appropriately for a
day of service (including warm outerwear).  Your secondary student will come
home with more information about Service Day.  School will be closed this
Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving.

THANK YOU!  At NCCS, we are blessed with wonderful individuals who willingly
volunteer their time to help the school.  Thank you to Carmen Fitch (TAP),
Etta Kemp, Shawn Premer, & June Castonguay (office), Dana Castonguay
(computers), Shawna Shaw, Kelly Denny, & Cindy Holmes (elementary helpers),
Mike & Loretta Zumbaugh (Friday Pizza), Shelia Cowles & Celeste Bishop
(Senior Subs), Mary Hedin (Hot Lunch), Nancy Bareham (fundraising), Joetta
Parker (Campbell's Label's for Education), Lisa Prince (Box Tops for
Education), Jennifer Crippen (Meijer Community Rewards), Steve Fitch, Kevin
Imhoff, Demetrius Parker (coaching), Nancy Hammock (cleaning schedule), Dave
Berry (website updates) and the numerous others who help with the Phone
Tree, after-school or recess supervision, field trips, sports programs, in
the classroom, etc.  Our school is a better place because you invest your
time here!

COLD WEATHER REMINDERS:  Cold weather has arrived in Michigan!  Elementary
parents, please make sure to send your students with warm outerwear (coats,
snow pants, gloves/mittens, hats, and boots).  Elementary students will go
outside as long as the temperature (including wind-chill) is not lower than
5 degrees.  Students must wear boots and snow pants in order to leave the
pavement when there is snow (this is a correction from an earlier
communication).  

Additionally, remember that unexpected school closures will be communicated
through television (WILX and WLNS), radio (smileFM), and the phone tree.
The general rule is that when Waverly Public Schools are closed due to
weather, we will also close, but be alert for specific information from the
above-named sources.

FRUIT SALE:  This is the final week of our fruit sale!  The fruit is
delicious, and the quality and savings are incredible when compared to what
is available in the grocery store.    This makes a great gift for employees,
family, and friends.  Orders are due by 3:00pm on Monday, December 1st.
Please contact Nancy Bareham (202-4719) if you have any questions.   

COOKIE DOUGH SALE UPDATE:  Thanks to the efforts of our NCCS family, we have
been blessed with approximately $4,000 in profit from the recent cookie
dough sale.  Great job everyone!  We have additional tubs available for
sale.  Contact Nancy Bareham (202-4719) for more information.  Thank you,
Nancy, for the fantastic job you have done heading up this sale!

OPEN HOUSE RECAP:  We were encouraged by the wonderful turnout of both
current and prospective families at our Open House last week.  We are
looking forward to enrolling new students at NCCS as a result of the Open
House.  Thank you to those who attended, invited prospective families, and
provided treats for the evening!

NCCS SPIRITWEAR:  NCCS is teaming with Soccer Locker to make school spirit
wear available year-round!  Check out the selection of t-shirts, ball caps,
hoodies, jackets, tote bags, and more at nccsspiritwear.com (you can find a
link to the site on our school website, under Warrior Community).  Best of
all, 25% of all money spent on the website goes back to Warrior Athletics.
All orders placed before December 5th will be available for Christmas, so
start shopping now!  Please contact Steve Fitch (517-974-5765 or
[email-masked]) if you have any questions.  Thank you, Steve, for
your work in setting up this program!

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.   Orders placed this Wednesday will be
available for pick-up next Thursday, December 4th, from 8:00am - 8:30am.
Presto Pay will release your order for payment at the time you place your
order.  All TAP users must fill out an enrollment form for 2008-2009
(available at the Communication Station).  Please contact Carmen Fitch,
Program Coordinator, with any questions at [email-masked] or 974-5002.
Remember, Christmas is coming soon; plan now to buy through TAP to reduce
future NCCS tuition costs!  NOTE:  Please make sure to read the information
available at shopwithscrip.com and other sites for updates on companies
affiliated with this program; a company that files for bankruptcy will
likely not honor gift cards.  

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:  We are still looking for several parent volunteers to
serve as judges for the upcoming elementary ACSI Spelling Bee and Speech
Meet.  In order for our students to participate, we are required to provide
judges for both events.  The Spelling Bee will be held on Friday, January
30, 2009, and the Speech Meet will be held on Friday, March 13, 2009.
Please contact Mrs. Jenny Jarrard ([email-masked] or 323-8903) if
you are able to assist.  

CALENDAR CHANGE NOTICES:  The Sports Honors Night originally on the calendar
for Monday, December 1st has been cancelled.  Cross-Country and Boys'
Varsity Soccer held individual banquets earlier in November.  As a reminder,
this year we will have a combined elementary and secondary Christmas Program
on Friday, December 12th.  This is not a change for the elementary, but the
secondary program originally scheduled for December 5th will be one week
later on December 12th.  

TEACHER CONTACT UPDATE:  If you would like to use email to contact Miss
Wilson, please direct it to the general school email address
([email-masked]).  Her personal school email
([email-masked]) is temporarily unavailable, but anything you send
to the school office will be printed and given to her.  

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am on Wednesday.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in
to the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR SUB SALE:  There is still time to order your sub sandwich for
tomorrow (Tuesday) by placing your order form with payment in the Senior Sub
Box by 3:00pm today!    If you'd like to order a yummy Blimpie sub for next
Tuesday, December 2nd, please make sure to turn in your order form with
payment by 3:00pm on Monday, December 1st.  Order forms are available via
the email version of the Warrior Weekly and at the Communication Station.
All money earned will go towards the senior class mission trip at the end of
the year.