Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:24:51 -0500

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

December 8, 2008

“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor
rests.”  Luke 2:14

 

Attachments:

1.	Youth Co-Ed Basketball Schedule
2.	Upper Level Basketball Schedules

Coming up at NCCS

TONIGHT                  PTC Meeting – 7:00pm

12/12                           Ele/Sec Christmas Program – 7:00pm

12/19                           ½ Day – School Dismissed at NOON

12/22                           Christmas Break Begins

1/5                                           Teacher Work Day – NO SCHOOL

1/6                                           School Resumes for 2009

 

This Week in Sports   

Maps to away games are available from the coach.   Directions will not be
faxed, emailed, or given over the telephone.

Co-Ed Youth Basketball – all games at Our Savior Lutheran School

12/13     9:00am vs. LAHAA Killian

Boys’ Jr. High Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

12/11     5:00pm vs. Marshall Academy (away

Boys’ Varsity Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

12/9                        7:00pm at home vs. Flint Valley

12/11     7:30pm vs. Marshall Academy (away)

Girls’ Varsity Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

12/11     6:00pm vs. Marshall Academy (away)

 

PARENT-TEACHER COALITION MEETING:  Please join us TONIGHT at 7:00pm in the
Sanctuary.  The focus of the meeting will be on the current school financial
situation and the future of NCCS.  This is a very important meeting, and
Pastors McGlone and Ryckman ask that one member of each school family
attend.  

A WORD OF THANKS FROM THE SENIORS:  The senior class would like to extend
our thanks to all those who participated in the Younker’s Community Day
sale.  We were able to raise over $200 toward our senior mission trip.  We
greatly appreciate your support and hope it will continue in the future.  

EXTRA COOKIE DOUGH FOR SALE:  Nancy Bareham will have cookie dough tubs
available for purchase at the Christmas Program this Friday at 7:00pm.
Contact Nancy Bareham (202-4719) for more information.

LOST AND FOUND:  Remember that the school has a Lost & Found cupboard in the
school office; please head there to look for missing items or to turn in an
item that you have found (Have you found a black, youth x-small Columbia ski
mitten?  If so, please return it to the office).  Putting your names on your
belongings makes it easier for items to be quickly returned to the rightful
owner.  

 

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.   This Wednesday is the final order date
before Christmas.  Orders placed this Wednesday will be available for
pick-up next Thursday, December 18th, from 8:00am – 8:30am.  Please contact
Carmen Fitch with any questions at [email-masked] or 974-5002.  

ELEMENTARY/SECONDARY CHRISTMAS PROGRAM NOTICES:  This year our Christmas
Program featuring both elementary and secondary students (K-10th grade) will
be presented this Friday at 7:00pm. Elementary students are to report to
their classrooms at 6:45pm.  Band students are to report to the Spanish
classroom at 6:20pm. Choir students will be given information directly from
Mr. Friedkin.  Elementary Music students and Band students are requested to
wear the following concert attire:
            Young ladies: Dress or skirt and blouse or dressy pants outfit;
appropriate hosiery and shoes.
            Young men: Long-sleeved dress shirt, necktie, dark dress pants,
dark socks, and shoes.
 We will have an Afterglow following our program; parents are asked to bring
a dozen or so cookies or other snack foods. Miss Wilson needs a parent
willing to serve as host for the Afterglow and uncover and serve the
cookies.  Please contact Miss Wilson at school, home (484-5009), or by email
([email-masked]) if you can assist. Please let your child's teacher
know if he or she will not be able to participate in the program. Thank you
for your support of the fine arts programs at NCCS.  We look forward to
seeing you there!  

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am on Friday.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in to
the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Preordering for nachos is not necessary; just come with your money and a
hungry appetite.  Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for
another $1.00.  Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  All
money earned will go toward the senior class mission trip at the end of the
year.

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen’s 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  We'll be serving up baked pasta and garlic toast for
hot lunch on Thursday. Yummy! Order forms are only available via email with
the Warrior Weekly or at the Communication Station. Orders and money need to
be placed in the Hot Lunch Box outside the school office by 3:00pm on
Wednesday. All proceeds will help the 4/5/6th graders go on their fun, but
very educational trip to Chicago at the end of the year.  Any questions or
suggestions for hot lunch? Contact Mary Hedin at 394-5729. Thanks for your
continued support.

FRIDAY PIZZA DAY:  The proceeds go towards the Class of 2009 senior mission
trip.  Pizza forms will be emailed home with the Warrior Weekly.  Pizza
forms are also available at the Communication Station outside the school
office.  Please fill out your pizza order form, and put it in the PIZZA box
outside the office BEFORE Wednesday at 3:00pm.  

SPORTS NEWS

SPORTS SCHEDULES/DIRECTIONS:  The basketball schedules are attached.
Updated schedules will be provided by team coaches and will be printed in
the Warrior Weekly.  The school secretary no longer distributes maps to away
games, however, each coach will make sure that players have directions to
away games.  Please contact the coach if you have any questions.