Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:25:02 -0400

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

April 21, 2008

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the
world gives.  

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27 

 

Attachments:

1.	Principal's Page
2.	Serve-a-thon Information
3.	Thursday Hot Lunch
4.	Friday Pizza/Monday Sub Form

Coming up at NCCS

April 25          Science Fair - 2:00-4:30pm

                        Elementary Spring Program - 7:00pm

May 2            Jr/Sr Banquet

May 8            PreK/Elem. Mother's Day Tea - 2:00pm

May 9            Band/Choir Concert - 7:00pm

 

NCCS Sports Schedule

Maps to away games are available at the school office.  They will be posted
Friday for the following week's games.  Families are responsible for
obtaining their own maps.  Directions will not be faxed, emailed, or given
over the telephone.

Girls' Varsity Soccer - home games played at NCCS

April 22                  5:30pm at Washtenaw Christian, Ann Arbor

April 25                  5:00pm at Holt Central Lutheran, Holt

Boys' Baseball - home games played at GLCC

April 26                  1:00pm at Washtenaw Christian, Ann Arbor

REGISTRATION:  There are many families who paid the registration fee early
on March 10th to receive a $25 registration fee discount but have not yet
turned in their registration paperwork.  If you haven't turned yours in yet,
make sure it is returned to the office by April 27th.  If you will be paying
your tuition through F.A.C.T.S. next year please stop in the office to pick
up a form as soon as possible.  Remember, there is no longer a
hold-and-deposit payment option so all tuition must be paid in full prior to
the start of school or monthly payments paid through F.A.C.T.S.
Additionally, if you know your student(s) will not be returning for
2008-2009, please let the office know by phone or email.it helps us plan for
the upcoming school year.  
 
NCCS SENIOR HONORED:  NCCS is extending a special congratulations to Jason
Klepal, who was named School Winner, as well as a state finalist, for the
prestigious Wendy's High School Heisman Award.  Twenty state finalists were
selected from a group of thousands of applicants from all over the state of
Michigan. To be eligible for this award, students must display academic
aptitude, athletic talent, and exceptional commitment to their communities.
The Wendy's High School Heisman program, awarded in conjunction with the
collegiate Heisman, celebrates the achievements of the nation's top high
school seniors both in and out of the classroom.  Just as the collegiate
Heisman is known for being the top award in college football, the WHSH award
is known for being the most prestigious award at the high school level.  The
award encourages future leadership by recognizing well-balances lifestyles
at an early age.  

WARRIORS CLASSIC UPDATE:  The 634 food drive items were delivered.  The
Greater Lansing Food Bank pantry at St. Stephen Lutheran Church graciously
received all the items.  THANK YOU TO MR. MOWEN AND MR. MOEDE for loading,
delivering, and unloading all the food.  We appreciate you!!!  Also, our
first batch of brochures went out last week.  We are already seeing
blessings returned back to the school.  If you have not already turned in
your brochures, please bring them back to the school in a timely manner.

LAST CALL FOR NCCS WARRIORWEAR:  The weather is warming up.do you have your
NCCS t-shirt?  We'll be doing one FINAL order for NCCS Warriorwear, so now
is the time to make a purchase!   Order forms are available at the wooden
boxes outside the school office.  Return your order form with payment to the
wooden "Senior Box" across from the office by this Friday, April 25th.  

JOIN US AT CHUCK E. CHEESE:  On Thursday, April 24th between the hours of
3:00-9:00pm Chuck E. Cheese (CEC) is donating 15% of NCCS sales back to the
5th/6th grade class for their year-end trip.  Simply notify the cashier at
CEC that you're participating in the NCCS fundraising night.  Also, your
child will get a Chuck E. Cheese sticker at school on the day of the event
that entitles the student 10 free tokens.

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  Grilled cheese and soup will be on the menu this
Thursday.  Put completed orders in the box marked "Hot Lunch" by 3:00pm
Wednesday.

INFORMATION FROM MISS WILSON:  Please read this important information for
parents of students in grades 3-6.
Because our program on April 25th is both choral and dramatic, we have
decided not to have the students wear the choir robes (with white t-shirts
and black pants), but instead to dress as follows:
Students should wear a neat, solid-color t-shirt (with no writing), and
neat, solid-color, full-length pants (no jeans, please). Shoes should blend
in, if possible, for the choir portion of the program. Individual students
may add additional items of clothing to fit their role in the dramatic
portion of the program.  (Notes were sent home last Thursday regarding this
change.)
 
Each family should plan to bring one dozen cookies per family for the
Afterglow reception.  We are still in need of volunteers to assist with our
Afterglow reception on April 25th.  Please contact Miss Wilson
([email-masked] or 323-8903) if you are able to help. 

Please read this important information for parents of  band students in
grades 5/6.  Did you know that senior citizens can still participate in
band? Come and hear a great group on May 9th, performing immediately after
your children play. Concert dress for 5/6 band students is as follows:
Boys: Long or short-sleeved dress shirt with necktie; nice pants, dark
socks, dark shoes
Girls: Appropriate, dressy outfit; skirts should cover the knees when seated
(dress pants are OK); appropriate hosiery and shoes.

Please read this important information for parents of band students in
grades 7-12, regarding our May 9th concert.
Parents, please note that band students in grades 7-12 have a more uniform
standard of concert attire.  We will wear our standard concert attire for
this concert, except that students may wear short-sleeved white dress
shirts, as the weather is getting warmer. Please make arrangements for your
child to be on time on the night of the concert; secondary band students
should be seated in Mrs. Feldpausch's room by 6:25pm. As we are performing
with the senior citizens on this evening, out of respect for them, we need
to be on time.
 
Miss Wilson is in need of help for the Afterglow reception on May 9th. She
also needs a few parents to help transport our students to a possible
rehearsal with the Senior Class Band on the afternoon of Thursday, May 8th,
at Asbury United Methodist Church. Please contact Miss Wilson
([email-masked] or 323-8903) to let her  know if you are available
to help

INK CARTRIDGES:  A school family owns a business refilling and selling ink
and toner cartridges, and they are generously donating 100% of their profit
back to NCCS every time a school family utilizes their services for
refilling ink and toner cartridges.  Take advantage of this great
opportunity to save money and help the school by contacting the Ink
Cartridge Explorium at (517) 490-0064.  Please identify yourself as part of
the NCCS family.

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be
given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Friday in order to be considered for
the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the school
office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be approved and may be
edited.