Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:48:54 -0500

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

March 3, 2008

"With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."  Psalm 91:16

 

 

Attachments:

1.	Principal's Page
2.	March Cleaning Schedule (grades 7-12 only)
3.	Sports Honors Banquet
4.	Thursday Hot Lunch

5.   Friday Pizza / Monday Subs

Coming up at NCCS

March 10         Parent-Teacher Coalition - 7:00pm

March 10         MME Testing Week - Juniors only

March 13         Talent Show - Mandatory Rehearsal

March 14         Talent Show - 7:00pm

March 17         Sports Honors Night - new date

March 20         End of 3rd Quarter

REMINDER:  The next Parent-Teacher Coalition meeting is coming up next
Monday, March 10th at 7:00pm.  This is a mandatory meeting, and at least one
member from each family is expected to be in attendance.  

REGISTRATION:  It's hard to believe, but it is almost time to register for
the 2008-2009 school year.  Tuition and registration information will be
sent home in a couple of weeks.

NOTE ABOUT THURSDAY HOT COCOA:  The senior class will no longer be offering
hot cocoa, cappuccino, or muffins on Thursday mornings.  They are thankful
to all those who stopped by to support this fundraiser!

NCCS TALENT SHOW:  Join us for the 21st annual event showcasing the great
collection of artists and performers within the NCCS family.  There will
also be a silent auction and bake sale held with proceeds going towards the
senior class mission trip.  This is one of the last opportunities for
seniors to raise funds for their trip, and your help is greatly appreciated.
Please contact Robbie Gill (627-1445) or the school office if you are able
to provide items for the bake sale.  Please contact Lisa Prince (627-0987)
if you are able to donate an item or service for the auction.  Act Sheets
are available in the school office if you would like to perform at the
talent show.  

COOKIE DOUGH STILL AVAILABLE:  There are many flavors of the cookie dough
available at the discounted price of $5/tub.  Please contact Nancy Bareham
(202-4719) to make a purchase.

PANCAKE BREAKFAST:  The Sophomore class is hosting a pancake breakfast on
Saturday, March 15th from 7:30-10:30am at New Covenant Christian School.
The cost is $6.00 per person or $24.00 per family (additional donations
gratefully accepted).   Money raised will be use to fund the 10th grade
class trip to Washington D.C. in April.

THE WARRIORS CLASSIC:  We are entering the initial planning and launching
stage for this annual event.  Please pray for our efforts and that God will
direct our planning to reflect His glorious plan for this time.  We'll
provide more information about this event in a future Warrior Weekly.

YEARBOOK:  It's yearbook order time!  Order Forms and Page Sponsorship Forms
are available in the school office.

1ST/2ND GRADE CASTLE:  Mrs. Mowen's 1st/2nd grade class is collecting Capri
Sun and other drink bag boxes to use for building their castle in the
spring.  Please drop boxes off at Mrs. Mowen's classroom in the far end of
the east wing.  Thank you!

ACQUIRE THE FIRE:  ATF is coming up this weekend!  Tens of thousands of
youth will be gathering at the Joe Louis Arena on March 7-8 to experience
God together and learn how they can use their voice and their talents to
lead their generation and take back our culture for Christ.  We have
reserved floor seats!  To sign up, contact Pastor Jeremy today at 323-8180
x101 or [email-masked].

INK CARTRIDGES:  A school family owns a business refilling and selling ink
and toner cartridges, and they are generously donating 100% of their profit
back to NCCS every time a school family utilizes their services for
refilling ink and toner cartridges.  Take advantage of this great
opportunity to save money and help the school by contacting the Ink
Cartridge Explorium at (517) 490-0064.  Please identify yourself as part of
the NCCS family.

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  This week the 5th/6th grade class will be offering
grilled cheese and soup to warm up on these  cold days. Is anyone else ready
for spring? Thank you for your support of the 5/6th grade hot lunches.  We
are making good progress funding the trip to Washington, D.C. this spring.

NEED TUTORING?  Roger Wilson, our current choir teacher and former science
teacher, has a BS in physics and a seminary degree.  He is able to tutor
students in almost any NCCS subject, except Spanish.  He is experienced in
assisting students in Understanding the Times, Rhetoric, and Thesis
preparation.  Patient & Effective - References Available - Rates Negotiable.
E-mail Roger at
<http://webmaila.juno.com/webmail/new/8?folder=Inbox&msgNum=0000KEG0:0017cb1
c000027OI&block=1&msgNature=all&msgStatus=all&count=1201837454&content=centr
al> [email-masked] or leave message at 485-4219.

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be
given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Friday in order to be considered for
the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the school
office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be approved and may be
edited.  

SPORTS NEWS

NCCS SPORTS PHOTOS AVAILABLE:  Photos taken at the various sporting events
this year will be available for viewing at http://nccssn.blogspot.com.  They
are also available for viewing and purchase through photographer Marvin
Hall's website at  <http://www.marvinhallphotography.com/events/>
http://www.marvinhallphotography.com/events.

CONGRATULATIONS RACHEL LOVE!  Rachel Love (7th), of the Waverly Piranhas
Swim Club, achieved a Junior Olympics time in the 50-yard freestyle at the
Western Michigan District Championships Saturday, February 23, 2008 in
Zeeland, MI.  Her time of 29.57 seconds qualifies her to swim in the Junior
Olympics Championships meet next weekend in Holt.

COMPETITIVE SWIMMING OPPORTUNITIES:  If any of next year's high school age
students are interested in competitive swimming with Waverly High
School/Lansing Catholic High School (girls-fall, boys-winter), please call
Mr. Klepel.  He is looking into joining as a co-op team.    

Also, the Waverly Piranhas Swim Club is a USA Swim Association swim program
open for all ages to join and enjoy the sport of competitive swimming.  The
club presently has a membership of 39 boys and girls between the ages of 7
to 16 and has room for more.   For more information call Deb Gundry
(321-2782) or Dave Love (482-6018).