Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:34:41 -0400

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

April 28, 2008

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, 

for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

 

 

Attachments:

1.	Principal's Page
2.	May/June Cleaning Schedule (grades 7-12)
3.	Serve-a-thon Information (not available via email)
4.	Thursday Hot Lunch / Monday Subs

 

NCCS Sports Schedule

Maps to away games are available at the school office.  They will be posted
Friday for the following week's games.  Families are responsible for
obtaining their own maps.  Directions will not be faxed, emailed, or given
over the telephone.

Girls' Varsity Soccer - home games played at NCCS

Apr. 29            5:00pm at home vs. Holt Central Lutheran

May 1              5:30pm at home vs. CHAP Homeschool 

Boys' Baseball - home games played at GLCC

May 2              5:00pm at Will Carleton, Hillsdale (2 games)

 
CONGRATULATIONS MATH OLYMPIANS!  On Friday, April 18th, thirty 3rd - 8th
grade students competed with 240 other students from several schools at the
ACSI District Math Olympics in Battle Creek.  Our students performed
wonderfully, working problems in either a computational or reasoning
category, and were great representatives of NCCS!  Eight of our students
placed in the top five for their grade.  Receiving 1st place honors were
Gideon Sochay (3rd grade) and Rebekah Grant (6th grade), who both also
received a special medal for scoring a total of 85% or higher.  Receiving
2nd place honors were Rebekah Thompson (2nd grade) and Jacob Premer
(6thgrade).  Receiving 3rd place honors were Garrett Hedin (4th grade) and
Holly Vickers (7th grade).  James Richardson (7th grade) finished in 4th
place, and Gabriela Grant (5th grade) finished in 5th place.  Well done to
all students who participated in the competition!
 
REGISTRATION INFORMATION:  The registration fee is currently $100 per
student. Remember, there is no longer a hold-and-deposit payment option so
all tuition must be paid in full prior to the start of school or paid in
monthly installments through F.A.C.T.S. (forms are available in the school
office).  Additionally, if you know your student(s) will not be returning
for 2008-2009, please let the office know by phone or email.  This will help
us plan for the upcoming school year.
 
PRESCHOOL/ELEMENTARY MOTHER'S DAY TEA:  The preschool and elementary classes
look forward to welcoming their mothers and grandmothers to a special tea in
their honor next Thursday, May 8th.  Guests may arrive at 1:45pm, and the
program begins at 2:00pm.  Invitations were sent home with students last
week.      

SENIOR CLASS WORSHIP CONCERT:  The Seniors invite you to a worship concert
at the school on Sunday, May 11th from 7:00-9:00pm. Come join us as we
intercede for the kids we will be reaching out to on our mission trip.
During our trip we will be spending a week at the Tennyson Center in Denver,
CO. The Tennyson Center helps rehabilitate abused kids back into their
families or into foster homes. The Worship Concert will be a night to
worship God and intercede for the kids.

THE NEW COVENANT FAMILY COOKBOOKS ARE IN:  The New Covenant Family Cookbook
is available for purchase.  They make a great gift for Mother's Day,
birthdays, showers, etc.  The cookbooks are $15.00 each or 3+ for $12.00
each.  They are available for purchase on Wednesday morning and after school
in the church lobby.  Contact Renee Moede (374-6895 or 775-6390) to arrange
another pick-up time.  

NCCS JUNIOR DRUMLINE:  The Junior Drumline (elementary students) will
practice at the school on Wednesdays at 3:30pm.  Contact Mr. Warner if you
have any questions (646-7071).

FRIDAY PIZZA/MONDAY SUBS:  Pizza will not be available this Friday (May
2nd).  Also, this Monday, May 5th will be the final week the seniors will be
offering sub sandwiches on Monday. The senior class appreciates all those
who have ordered sandwiches this year.  

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  Baked Pasta will be on the menu this Thursday.  Put
completed orders in the box marked "Hot Lunch" by 3:00pm Wednesday.

INFORMATION FROM MISS WILSON:  Please read this important information for
parents of band students in grades 5/6.  Did you know that senior citizens
can still participate in band? On May 9th come and hear a great group
perform immediately after your children play. Concert dress for 5/6 band
students is as follows:
Boys: Long or short-sleeved dress shirt with necktie; nice pants, dark
socks, dark shoes
Girls: Appropriate, dressy outfit with hosiery and shoes; skirts should
cover the knees when seated (dress pants are OK).

Please read this important information for parents of band students in
grades 7-12, regarding our May 9th concert.
Parents, please note that band students in grades 7-12 have a more uniform
standard of concert attire.  We will wear our standard concert attire for
this concert, except that students may wear short-sleeved white dress
shirts, as the weather is getting warmer. Please make arrangements for your
child to be on time on the night of the concert; secondary band students
should be seated in Mrs. Feldpausch's room by 6:25pm. As we are performing
with the senior citizens on this evening, out of respect for them, we need
to be on time.
 
Miss Wilson is in need of help for the Afterglow reception on May 9th. She
also needs a few parents to help transport our students to a possible
rehearsal with the Senior Class Band on the afternoon of Thursday, May 8th,
at Asbury United Methodist Church. Please contact Miss Wilson
([email-masked] or 323-8903) to let her know if you are available
to help.

INK CARTRIDGES:  A school family owns a business refilling and selling ink
and toner cartridges, and they are generously donating 100% of their profit
back to NCCS every time a school family utilizes their services for
refilling ink and toner cartridges.  Take advantage of this great
opportunity to save money and help the school by contacting the Ink
Cartridge Explorium at (517) 490-0064.  Please identify yourself as part of
the NCCS family.

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be
given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Friday in order to be considered for
the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the school
office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be approved and may be
edited.