Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:00:22 -0500

Good Monday morning NCCS families!  A few items for you:

*         Our NCCS Auction has begun!  More information is available below. 

*         TAP pick-up will be Wednesday morning from 8:00-8:30am (instead of
Thursday) this week only due to Winter Break.

*         A BIG thank you to all the families who faithfully call (or email)
when there student is absent!  However, there are still some families who
forget this responsibility.  

 Just a reminder from the Parent-Student Handbook
(http://www.nccswarriors.org/pdf/HANDBOOKrevised2008.pdf): IF A STUDENT WILL
BE ABSENT

 OR TARDY FROM SCHOOL, THE PARENTS MUST NOTIFY THE OFFICE WITH A PHONE CALL
OR IN PERSON BY 8:30AM. 

 Simply put, I shouldn't have to track down parents to inquire about their
student.  Thank you. 

Have a blessed week!

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

February 16, 2009

"By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms 

are filled with rare and beautiful treasures."  Proverbs 24:3,4 

 

Coming up at NCCS

2/19                 Winter Break - SCHOOL CLOSED

2/20                 Winter Break - SCHOOL CLOSED

2/23                 Teacher Training - SCHOOL CLOSED

3/4                   Elementary Speech Meet

3/9                   MME Testing Week

                        Parent-Teacher Coalition Meeting - 7pm

 

This Week in Sports   

Maps to away games are available from the coach.   The school office does
not fax, email, or give directions over the telephone.

Boys' JH Basketball - home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

2/17                 5pm at home vs. Capitol City Baptist

Boys' Varsity Basketball - home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

2/17                 7:30pm at home vs. Capitol City Baptist

2/20                 7:30pm at home vs. Owosso Homeschool

Girls' Varsity Basketball - home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

2/17                 6pm at home vs. Capitol City Baptist

2/20                 6pm at home vs. Owosso Homeschool

REMINDER:  School will be closed this Thursday, Friday and next Monday.
There will be no hot lunch or pizza this week.

NCCS ONLINE AUCTION: Our online auction has officially begun!  This auction
has potential to help our school meet current fundraising needs when we all
work together.  Help spread the word about the auction by directing your
friends to the event site:
<https://www.cmarket.com/auction/AuctionHome.action?vhost=nccswarriors>
http://nccswarriors.cmarket.com.  One easy way to do this is by sending an
email with that link to friends in your email address book (blind copy).
The Board of Trustees for New Covenant Christian School has committed to
sending the link on to at least 10 of their own friends.will you help by
doing the same?  Also:

*         take a moment to visit the site yourself.there are some great
items available 

*         bring in your items (or donation in lieu) if you have not already

*         most importantly, join in prayer with us for the success of this
fundraiser.

STUDENT OF THE MONTH AWARDS:  We invite family and friends to join us this
Wednesday during Chapel as we present awards to those students who were
nominated for the month of January.

YEARBOOK INFORMATION:  It is time to order your NCCS yearbook!  Order forms
are attached to the email version of the Warrior Weekly or are available at
the Communication Station near the school office.

BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION:  It's time to turn in the BOX TOPS you are saving.
Drop them off in the box across from the office.  We will be submitting them
at the end of this month.  Continue to save them; we submit the BOX TOPS
twice a year and earn approximately $175.00 for the school with each
submission.  If you have any questions you may contact Lisa Prince 627-0987.

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.  Orders placed this Wednesday will be
available for pick-up next Thursday, February 26th from 8:00am - 8:30am.
Please contact Carmen Fitch with any questions at [email-masked] or
974-5002.  

ACQUIRE THE FIRE, APRIL 3-5: Cross Culture Youth Ministry (grades 6-12) is
attending the Acquire the Fire/Battle Cry event in Indianapolis this year
and would like to invite anyone interested to register!  This year's theme
is "Here Comes Trouble" and discusses the transformational effect Jesus has
in our lives.  Space is limited and available on first come first serve
basis.  Price deadlines have been slightly extended for our group only.
Registration forms are available by the outside exit door of the Commons and
at www.CrossCultureYM.com.  You can contact Pastor Jeremy with questions at
214-5256 or Pastor [email-masked].

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am this WEDNESDAY.  Submissions should be emailed or turned
in to the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for another $1.00.
Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen's 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.