Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:25:15 -0500

Families:

I will be out of the office in the morning, possibly all day, so I'm sending
the email version of the Warrior Weekly today.  The hard-copy will still be
sent home with the students tomorrow.  Blessings to you all.we truly do have
wonderful families here!

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

February 24, 2009

"For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it." John 12:47 

 

Attachments:

1.	March Cleaning Schedule (Grades 7-12 Only)
2.	Talent Show Information

Coming up at NCCS

 

2/25     Honor Roll Awards Presentation - Chapel

3/4       Elementary Speech Meet

3/9       MME Testing Week

            Parent-Teacher Coalition Meeting - 7pm

3/12     Talent Show Rehearsal            

3/13     Talent Show

This Week in Sports   

Maps to away games are available from the coach.   The school office does
not fax, email, or give directions over the telephone.

Boys' JH Basketball - home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

2/24                 6pm at Morrice High School, Morrice

2/27                 5pm at home vs. Will Carleton

Boys' Varsity Basketball - home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

2/24                 7:30pm at Morrice High School, Morrice

2/27                 7:30pm at home vs. Will Carleton - SENIOR NIGHT

Girls' Varsity Basketball - home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

2/27                 6pm at home vs. Will Carleton

NCCS ONLINE AUCTION UPDATE: Have you checked out our online auction yet?
We've got some great items available that are already generating money for
our school.  Visit the site at:
<https://www.cmarket.com/auction/AuctionHome.action?vhost=nccswarriors>
http://nccswarriors.cmarket.com.   Help spread the word about the auction by
directing others to the event site.  One easy way to do this is by sending
an email with that link to friends in your email address book (blind copy).
The auction closes this Saturday at 8:00pm.  Until that time, let's continue
to pass along information about the auction and pray for its success.    

UPCOMING PARENT-TEACHER COALITION MEETING:  The next meeting will be held
Monday, March 9th at 7:00pm in the Sanctuary.  Brian Hazeltine, our new
Superintendent, will be speaking to the parent body about how we will be
restructuring tuition, balancing the budget, eliminating fees, improving
salaries, simplifying fundraising and record keeping, and generally
strengthening the school financially. He will also explain in more detail
how the school will change in governance as we go forward.  Registration
packets will be distributed at the meeting.  Not only is one member from
each family expected to be in attendance, but this is also important and
exciting information that you will want to know.   

VALENTINE'S EXTRAVAGANZA RECAP:  The Senior Class would like to thank
everyone who helped make the Valentine's Extravaganza such a great success!
Despite a climate of difficult financial circumstances, your generosity and
support was overwhelming.  Over 70 individuals and businesses donated items
for the silent auction, and over $1,800 was raised as a result from this
activity alone.  A new attendance record was set with approximately 245
people present.  Over $300 worth of door prizes were given away.  Then there
was the entertainment.speaking of which. DVD's are available from any Senior
for $10.  Just the opportunity to watch Boi-Licious perform again makes this
a great deal!  

The Senior Class would especially like to thank Mike & Loretta Zumbaugh,
Ronnie Logan, and Sheila Cowles for their outstanding efforts and help.
Please continue to pray for the Seniors as they seek God for direction for a
mission trip destination.

 

HONOR ROLL AWARDS:  Join us during Chapel on Wednesday morning as we present
awards to those students who achieved Honor Roll status for the first
semester.   

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.  Orders placed this Wednesday will be
available for pick-up next Thursday, March 5th from 8:00am - 8:30am.  Please
contact Carmen Fitch with any questions at [email-masked] or 974-5002.

 

YEARBOOK INFORMATION:  It is time to order your NCCS yearbook!  Order forms
are attached to the email version of the Warrior Weekly or are available at
the Communication Station near the school office.

BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION:  It's time to turn in the BOX TOPS you are saving.
Drop them off in the box across from the office.  We will be submitting them
at the end of this month.  Continue to save them; we submit the BOX TOPS
twice a year and earn approximately $175.00 for the school with each
submission.  If you have any questions you may contact Lisa Prince 627-0987.

ACQUIRE THE FIRE, APRIL 3-5: Cross Culture Youth Ministry (grades 6-12) is
attending the Acquire the Fire/Battle Cry event in Indianapolis this year
and would like to invite anyone interested to register!  This year's theme
is "Here Comes Trouble" and discusses the transformational effect Jesus has
in our lives.  Space is limited and available on first come first serve
basis.  Price deadlines have been slightly extended for our group only.
Registration forms are available by the outside exit door of the Commons and
at www.CrossCultureYM.com.  You can contact Pastor Jeremy with questions at
214-5256 or Pastor [email-masked].

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am this FRIDAY.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in
to the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for another $1.00.
Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen's 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY'S HOT LUNCH - Corn dogs, tater tots, and applesauce will be on the
menu for Thursday's hot lunch. Order yours today. Order forms are available
via email with the Warrior Weekly or at the Communication Station. Orders
and money need to be placed in the Hot Lunch Box outside the school office
by 3:00pm on Wednesday. All proceeds will help the 4/5/6 graders go on their
fun, but very educational, trip to Chicago at the end of the year. Contact
Mary Hedin (394-5729) if you have any questions regarding hot lunch. 

FRIDAY PIZZA:  The proceeds go towards the Class of 2009 senior mission
trip.  Pizza forms will be emailed home with the Warrior Weekly.  Pizza
forms are also available at the Communication Station outside the school
office.  In order to conserve resources, pizza forms will no longer be
attached to the Warrior Weekly.  Please fill out your pizza order form, and
put it in the PIZZA box outside the office BEFORE Wednesday at 3:00pm.  

SPORTS NEWS

VARSITY BASKETBALL SENIOR NIGHT:  Join us as we honor the Senior basketball
players at their final home game on Friday, February 27th.  Thank you,
Seniors, for your years of commitment to NCCS Basketball!