Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:57:26 -0400

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

March 23, 2009

“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn
from it.”  Proverbs 22:6

Attachments:

*         Senior movie night fundraiser

*         April Cleaning Schedule 

 

 

Coming up at NCCS

 

TODAY          Registration for 2009-10 due by 3:00pm

3/27                 Last day of 3rd Quarter – ½ Day

3/30                 Spring Break Begins – SCHOOL CLOSED

4/6                   School Resumes

4/9                   Kindergarten Round-Up 

                        Open House - 6:30pm

4/10                 Good Friday – SCHOOL CLOSED

SPRING BREAK REMINDER:  School will dismiss this Friday at noon for Spring
Break and will resume on Monday, April 6th.  There will be no pizza this
Friday; instead it will be offered on Thursday for Hot Lunch.  Wishing all
our families a relaxing and enjoyable break! 

REGISTRATION REMINDERS:  Remember to return your COMPLETED registration
forms with $150 registration deposit to the office by 3:00pm TODAY in order
for the deposit to be applied to your 2009-10 tuition.  It would be
unfortunate to miss the opportunity to apply the $150 to tuition simply
because the paperwork was returned incomplete.  Please double-check every
form to make sure all information and signatures/initials have been
completed.  For the Church Membership section, you must provide the name,
address, and phone number of your church, as well as the name of the pastor
with the closest relationship to your family.  We hope returning families
will find this easier than submitting a yearly Pastor Recommendation.
Families new to FACTS, please note a voided check is required if withdrawals
will be from your checking account.  Also, do not fill out Section 5
(Payment Terms) on your form because invoicing has not yet been done.
Remember, Covenant Cash cannot be applied to the registration deposit.
Please contact the office if you have any questions.

HELP WANTED:  Administration is looking for assistance in two critical
areas:

*         We are in need of an Athletic Director.  Our conference Charter
requires each member school to have a non-coach Athletic Director. Scott
Richey, our previous AD, recently stepped down from this position.  We are
grateful for his willingness to serve the school when needed.  

*         We are also looking for one or more people to provide
technical/computer assistance, specifically on our Windows networking
system.  

If you have a willingness to serve in either of these areas or would like
more information, please contact Pastor Ryckman by phone (323-8903) or via
email ([email-masked]).  Thank you!

KINDERGARTEN ROUND-UP:  This event will be held on Thursday, April 9th from
1:00 - 2:30pm and 6:30 – 8:00pm in Mrs. Jarrard’s classroom (room 8E).  If
you would like to enroll a child in kindergarten, please plan to attend one
of the two sessions.  Help us spread the news to other families.  Please
call the school office to sign up if you will be attending.  

OPEN HOUSE:  Please join us (and invite others!) as we showcase what we have
to offer families of preschool – 12th grade children.  The Open House will
be held on Thursday, April 9th from 6:30 – 8:00pm.  Remember, for every
genuinely interested family you invite who attends the Open House, you will
be given $100 in Covenant Cash to be used towards next year’s tuition (not
to be applied to registration deposit).  Promotional post cards are
available in the school office for you to hand out.    

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to pick-up your order from last week this
Thursday from 8:00am – 8:30am in the Commons.  Orders can be placed through
Spring Break, but keep in mind there will be no pick-up during break.  Any
orders placed March 25th or April 1st will be available for pick-up on April
9th.  There is a strong possibility that the TAP accounting year will end
early, possibly by the end of April.  You will still be able to order TAP
until the end of the school year, but credit received during that time would
not be applied until 2010-2011.  Carmen Fitch will keep everyone informed as
more details become available.   

YEARBOOK INFORMATION:  Time is running short to purchase your yearbook for
only $40.  After Spring Break the price increases to $45 per yearbook.
Order forms are attached to the email version of the Warrior Weekly or are
available at the Communication Station near the school office.

BATTLE CRY “HERE COMES TROUBLE”:  Youth 6-12th grade are invited to join us
for this year’s Acquire The Fire event April 3-5.  Space is LIMITED so
register now to save your place and save money before the price goes up.  To
register or if you have any questions contact Pastor Jeremy at 323-8180 x101
or [email-masked].

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am this THURSDAY.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in
to the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for another $1.00.
Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen’s 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY'S HOT LUNCH:   Don't get confused. It's kind of like daylight
savings time, but instead we've turned back the days…it's pizza on Thursday
this week! Floats will also be available on a first come first serve basis;
no need to pre-order the floats. Order forms for pizza are available via
email with the Warrior Weekly or at the Communication Station. Orders and
money need to be placed in the Hot Lunch Box (not the pizza box) outside the
school office by 3:00pm on Wednesday. All proceeds will help the 4/5/6th
graders go on their fun, but very educational trip to Chicago in May. Any
questions regarding hot lunch? Contact Mary Hedin at 394-5729.

SPORTS NEWS

GIRLS’ VARSITY SOCCER:  The season is about to begin, and Mike Bishop is
looking forward to coaching another great team!  If you would like to
participate, return the soccer registration forms (available via email or at
the Communication Station) with payment to the school office by this Friday,
March 27th.  Please contact Coach Bishop (775-4916 or
[email-masked]) if you have any questions.

SPORTS PHOTOS:  Pictures for the 2008-2009 sporting events are available for
viewing or purchase from Marvin Hall through his website
http://mhphoto.zenfolio.com/.  Look under Sports and NCCS.  ACSI Tournament
photos are available, and District photos will be available soon.