Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:58:23 -0400

Dear families,

We have just received the F.A.C.T.S. forms and I wanted to let everyone know
they are now available.  As a reminder, anyone who will not be paying their
tuition in full by August 15th will be using F.A.C.T.S for tuition payments
next year.  We need to have these forms filled out as soon as possible (and
absolutely no later than June 20th for the 12-month plan or July 20th for
the 10 month plan).  Because many of these forms include sensitive financial
information, I am hesitant to send them home with students.  Therefore, I
will have them in the office for pick-up this week.  

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

 

WARRIOR WEEKLY

April 14, 2008

"Oh Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!"  Psalm 8:1

 

 

Attachments:

1.	Principal's Page
2.	Warriors Classic brochure sample (not available via email)
3.	"Bring-a-Friend-to-School" Sign-up Form
4.	Thursday Hot Lunch Form
5.	Friday Pizza/Monday Sub Form

Coming up at NCCS

April 16     "Bring-a-Friend-to-School" Day

April 25     Science Fair - 2pm-4:30pm

                  Elementary Spring Program - 7pm

May 2        Jr/Sr Banquet

 

NCCS Sports Schedule

Maps to away games are available at the school office.  They will be posted
by Friday for the following week's games.  Families are responsible for
obtaining their own maps.  Directions will not be faxed, emailed, or given
over the telephone.

Girls' Varsity Soccer - home games played at NCCS

Apr. 14                        5:30pm at Calhoun Christian, Battle Creek

Apr. 15                        5:00pm at Morrice High School, Morrice

Apr. 17                        5:30pm at Will Carleton Academy, Hillsdale

 

WARRIORS CLASSIC PRAYER POINTS

Please help us lift up the event in prayer.  Father, we ask for: 

*	the Host Team to be led by the Holy Spirit as they move ahead and
implement their plan;
*	people in authority (especially businessmen in the area) to be open
to our vision and moved to offer financial support/sponsorship;
*	good health for NCCS staff, students, and those serving in
leadership positions for the Warriors Classic;
*	families to experience the fruit of their labor as they prayerfully
consider to whom they should send brochures;
*	to move forward in our efforts as we follow the Lord!  (Luke 9:62
Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit
for service in the kingdom of God.") 

WARRIORS CLASSIC INFORMATION:  Thank you for a wonderful kick-off meeting
for our Warriors Golf Classic and Serve-a-thon.  The meeting was very well
attended.  Packets with all the information and brochures to send out were
distributed at this meeting.  If you were not at the meeting, the packets
and brochures went home with your child on Wednesday, April 9th.  PLEASE
NOTE:  In order to better help you complete your brochures, we have attached
to the Warrior Weekly a sample brochure indicating the key areas that YOU
need to fill in.  Also, when you turn your brochures in to the school, make
sure they are stamped and NOT sealed.  They have to be checked to make sure
all information is filled out completely.  If you have any questions about
the brochures, waiver of liability, or commitment agreement please contact
Betsy Gillengerten at 712-8477 or send your email to fundraising
@nccswarriors.org.

AND THE WINNER IS... Actually, we have many winners.  The winners from the
kick-off meeting are:  Survey sheet drawing, Kathy Piotrowski; Man Alive
6:55 drawing, Miss Brazee; Guess the T's, Laura Culberson; $250 tuition
discount, Miss Hackbarth; Commitment cards drawing, Mike & Loretta Zumbaugh;
Putting Contest, Bill Skiba.  Winners from the Pep Rally are:  Most school
colors teacher, Mrs. Feldpausch; Most school colors student, Cody Nailor;
Most creative student, Troy Dawdy.  AND THE CLASS WHO COLLECTED THE MOST
ITEMS FOR THE FOOD DRIVE.5th/6th  GRADE!!!!!  Way to go, Mrs. Allen's
class!!  They collected 216 items out of the 634 items collected.
Outstanding job!!

REGISTRATION:  There are many families who paid the registration fee early
on March 10th to receive a $25 registration fee discount but have not yet
turned in their registration paperwork.  If you haven't turned yours in yet,
make sure it is returned to the office by April 27th.  Additionally, if you
know your student(s) will not be returning for 2008-2009 please let the
office know by phone or email.it helps us plan for the upcoming school year.

"BRING-A-FRIEND-TO-SCHOOL" DAY:  Prospective students are invited to attend
morning classes next Wednesday, April 16th.  Sign up a guest by returning
the attached form or contact the school office (guests must be signed-up by
3:00pm on April 15th to attend).  Students who bring a potential student to
school on April 16th will receive a free slice of pizza on Friday, April
25th IF the friend is considering attending NCCS next year and IF they have
been signed up ahead of time at the school office.  Other friends are
welcome to attend, but you'll only receive free pizza if your friend is
considering enrollment for 2008-2009.   
 
STUDENT OF THE MONTH AWARDS:  Please join us during Chapel this Wednesday
morning as we honor those students who will be receiving this award.  
 
WARRIORWEAR ORDER:  The weather is warming up.do you have your NCCS t-shirt?
We'll be doing one FINAL order for NCCS Warriorwear, so now is the time to
make a purchase!   Order forms are available at the wooden boxes outside the
school office.  Return your order form with payment to the wooden "Senior
Box" across from the office by Friday, April 25th.  The senior class would
like to thank everyone for their support of this fundraiser.     

ELEMENTARY SPRING PROGRAM:  We are making our final plans for the Elementary
Spring Program which will be held on Friday, April 25th at 7 pm.  All
elementary students are expected to attend this program; please let your
child's teacher know right away if your child will not be able to attend.
We are looking for a parent to host the Afterglow/Reception following the
event.  Please contact Besty Wilson ([email-masked] or 323-8903)
if you can help.  On the evening of the program, students should report to
their classrooms at 6:30pm wearing the following:
  K-2   Solid color T-shirt (no writing)
           Solid color pants (no jeans)
  3-6   White short-sleeved T-shirt (to wear under choir robes)
           Black pants, black socks, black shoes
Special note to parents of 5th and 6th grade students:  your children will
perform with their music class on April 25th and with their Band class on
May 9th.

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  Nachos and floats will be on the menu this Thursday.
The school year is dwindling. If there is a favorite meal you'd like to have
before the year ends, call me (Mrs. Hedin) at 394-5729 or stop me in the
hall.  Put completed orders in the box marked "Hot Lunch" by 3:00pm
Wednesday.

INK CARTRIDGES:  A school family owns a business refilling and selling ink
and toner cartridges, and they are generously donating 100% of their profit
back to NCCS every time a school family utilizes their services for
refilling ink and toner cartridges.  Take advantage of this great
opportunity to save money and help the school by contacting the Ink
Cartridge Explorium at (517) 490-0064.  Please identify yourself as part of
the NCCS family.

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be
given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Friday in order to be considered for
the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the school
office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be approved and may be
edited.