Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:40:55 -0500

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

December 1, 2008

“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do.”  Ephesians 2:10

 

Attachments:

1.  Pancake Breakfast Information

 

Coming up at NCCS

12/8                             Parent-Teacher Coalition

12/12                           Elementary & Secondary Christmas Program –
7:00pm

12/19                           ½ Day – School Dismissed at NOON

12/22                           Christmas Break Begins

1/5                               Teacher Work Day – NO SCHOOL

1/6                               School Resumes 2009

 

COLD WEATHER REMINDERS:  Cold weather has arrived in Michigan!  Elementary
parents, please make sure to send your students with warm outerwear (coats,
snow pants, gloves/mittens, hats, and boots).  Elementary students will go
outside as long as the temperature (including wind-chill) is not lower than
5 degrees.  Students must wear boots and snow pants in order to leave the
pavement when there is snow (this is a correction from an earlier
communication).  

Additionally, remember that unexpected school closures will be communicated
through television (WILX and WLNS), radio (smileFM), and the phone tree.
The general rule is that when Waverly Public Schools are closed due to
weather, we will also close, but be alert for specific information from the
above-named sources.

ATTENDANCE POLICY REMINDER:  Revisions were made to the policy over the
summer, and families were asked to review the updated Parent-Student
Handbook (contact the school office to receive a hard copy or see the online
version at http://www.nccswarriors.org/pdf/HANDBOOKrevised2008.pdf).  Note
that absences from school (other than illness/doctor appointments), must be
pre-arranged through the school office and teachers in order to be
considered excused and credit given for work missed.  Students receiving an
unexcused absence will not be given credit for work missed.  Parents, make
sure you make arrangements with the school office if you know your student
will be absent in advance!

FRUIT SALE:  This is the final week of our fruit sale!  The fruit is
delicious, and the quality and savings are incredible when compared to what
is available in the grocery store.  This makes a great gift for employees,
family, and friends.  The final order date has been pushed back, so orders
are now due by 3:00pm on Wednesday, December 3rd (no late orders can be
accepted).  Please contact Nancy Bareham (202-4719) if you have any
questions.

NCCS SPIRITWEAR:  NCCS is teaming with Soccer Locker to make school spirit
wear available year-round!  Check out the selection of t-shirts, ball caps,
hoodies, jackets, tote bags, and more at nccsspiritwear.com (you can find a
link to the site on our school website, under Warrior Community).  Best of
all, 25% of all money spent on the website goes back to Warrior Athletics.
All orders placed before December 5th will be available for Christmas, so
start shopping now!  Please contact Steve Fitch (517-974-5765 or
[email-masked]) if you have any questions.  Thank you, Steve, for
your work in setting up this program!

EXTRA COOKIE DOUGH FOR SALE:  We have additional tubs available for sale.
Contact Nancy Bareham (202-4719) for more information.

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.   Orders placed this Wednesday will be
available for pick-up next Thursday, December 11th, from 8:00am – 8:30am.
Please contact Carmen Fitch with any questions at [email-masked] or
974-5002.  

ELEMENTARY/SECONDARY CHRISTMAS PROGRAM NOTICES:  This year our Christmas
Program featuring both elementary and secondary students (K-10th grade) will
be presented on Friday, December 12th at 7:00pm. Elementary students are to
report to their classrooms at 6:45pm.  Band students are to report to the
Spanish classroom at 6:20pm. Choir students will be given information
directly from Mr. Friedkin.  Elementary Music students and Band students are
requested to wear the following concert attire:
            Young ladies: Dress or skirt and blouse or dressy pants outfit;
appropriate hosiery and shoes.
            Young men: Long-sleeved dress shirt, necktie, dark dress pants,
dark socks, and shoes.
 We will have an Afterglow following our program; parents are asked to bring
a dozen or so cookies or other snack foods. Miss Wilson needs a parent
willing to serve as host for the Afterglow and uncover and serve the
cookies.  Please contact Miss Wilson at school, home (484-5009), or by email
([email-masked]) if you can assist. Please let your child's teacher
know if he or she will not be able to participate in the program. Thank you
for your support of the fine arts programs at NCCS.  We look forward to
seeing you there!  

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am on Wednesday.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in
to the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR SUB/NACHO SALE:  There is still time to order your Blimpie sub
sandwich for tomorrow (Tuesday) by placing your order form with payment in
the Senior Sub Box by 3:00pm today!  Subs will not be offered after
tomorrow.  Beginning Tuesday, December 9th the senior class will resume
selling nachos.  Preordering for nachos is not necessary; just come with
your money and a hungry appetite.  Nachos with cheese are $2.00 and meat can
be added for another $1.00.  Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be
available.  All money earned will go towards the senior class mission trip
at the end of the year.

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen’s 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH: Tired of leftover Turkey? Try a corn dog, tater tots,
and applesauce for lunch instead!  Order forms are only available via email
with the Warrior Weekly or at the Communication Station. Orders and money
need to be placed in the Hot Lunch Box outside the school office by 3:00pm
on Wednesday. All proceeds will help the 4/5/6th graders go on their fun,
but very educational trip to Chicago at the end of the year.  Any questions
or suggestions for hot lunch? Contact Mary Hedin at 394-5729. Thanks for
your continued support.

FRIDAY PIZZA DAY:  The proceeds go towards the Class of 2009 senior mission
trip.  Pizza forms will be emailed home with the Warrior Weekly.  Pizza
forms are also available at the Communication Station outside the school
office.  In order to conserve resources, pizza forms will no longer be
attached to the Warrior Weekly.  Please fill out your pizza order form, and
put it in the PIZZA box outside the office BEFORE Wednesday at 3:00pm.  

SPORTS NEWS

PANCAKE BREAKFAST SPORTS FUNDRAISER:  Join us for an all-you-can-eat
breakfast (pancakes, eggs, sausage, and beverages) at the West Lansing
Church of Christ on Saturday, December 6th from 8:00 – 10:30am.  Money
generated will be used to fund new uniforms, equipment, gym time, and
referee fees.  The cost is $5 per person ($20 per family maximum).  Join us
for a great breakfast and support NCCS Sports!