Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 10:43:34 -0400

Welcome back!  It's hard to believe, but we are in the final quarter of the
school year.  

As a reminder, we have some important events coming up this Thursday with
Kindergarten Round-up and the Open House (see below for more information).
Please help us spread the word about these events and lift them up in
prayer.

Have a blessed week.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

April 6, 2009

"".the word of the Lord stands forever."  1 Peter 1:25

Attachments:

*         Principal's Page

*         "Bring a Friend to School Day" Form

Coming up at NCCS

 

4/9                   Kindergarten Round-Up - 1:00 - 2:30pm and 6:30 -
8:00pm

                        Open House - 6:30pm

4/10                 Good Friday - SCHOOL CLOSED

4/15                 "Bring a Friend to School Day" - 8:30am - 12pm

4/17                 Science Fair

 

REMINDER:  School will be closed this Friday.  

REPORT CARDS:  Third Quarter report cards will be mailed home at the end of
this week.

SENIOR MOVIE NIGHT FUNDRAISER:  Join the seniors at 7:00pm TONIGHT at
Celebration! Cinema for a special showing of "Night at the Museum".  All
ticket sales go directly to the senior class (not Celebration! Cinema) and
will go towards their mission trip.  Tickets can be purchased from any
senior for $10.00 per person, or purchase four or more tickets and receive a
discount of $2.00 per ticket. Group concession coupons will also be
available. 

KINDERGARTEN ROUND-UP:  This event will be held on Thursday, April 9th from
1:00 - 2:30pm and 6:30 - 8:00pm in Mrs. Jarrard's classroom (room 8E).  If
you would like to enroll a child in kindergarten, please plan to attend one
of the two sessions.  Help us spread the news to other families.  Please
call the school office to sign up if you will be attending.  

OPEN HOUSE:  Please join us (and invite others!) as we showcase what we have
to offer families of preschool - 12th grade children.  The Open House will
be held on Thursday, April 9th from 6:30 - 8:00pm.  Remember, for every
genuinely interested family you invite who attends the Open House, you will
be given $100 in Covenant Cash to be used towards next year's tuition (not
to be applied to registration deposit).  Promotional post cards are
available in the school office for you to hand out.    

"BRING A FRIEND TO SCHOOL DAY":  Prospective students are invited to attend
morning classes on Wednesday, April 15th.  Sign up a guest by returning the
attached form or contact the school office (space limits apply, and guests
must be signed-up by 3:00pm on Monday, April 13th to attend).  Remember, if
a family you refer enrolls a full-time student who pays full tuition and
completes one full school year, you will receive a referral reward of $300
in Covenant Cash to be used toward tuition the following year. Students who
bring a pre-registered friend who is considering enrolling next year will
receive a free slice of pizza on Friday, April 24th.    

HELP WANTED:  Administration is looking for assistance in two critical
areas:

*         We are in need of an Athletic Director.  Our conference Charter
requires each member school to have a non-coach Athletic Director. Scott
Richey, our previous AD, recently stepped down from this position.  We are
grateful for his willingness to serve the school when needed.  

*         We are also looking for one or more people to provide
technical/computer assistance, specifically on our Windows networking
system.  

If you have a willingness to serve in either of these areas or would like
more information, please contact Pastor Ryckman by phone (323-8903) or via
email ([email-masked]).  Thank you!

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:    Remember to pick-up your previous order this
Thursday from 8:00am - 8:30am in the Commons.  Place your order by 3:00pm
this Wednesday for pick-up next Thursday, April 16th.  There is a strong
possibility that the TAP accounting year will end early, possibly by the end
of April.  You will still be able to order TAP until the end of the school
year, but credit received during that time would not be applied until
2010-2011.  Carmen Fitch will keep everyone informed as more details become
available.   

NCCS EVENT PHOTOS:  Pictures for the 2008-2009 sporting events and
Homecoming are available for viewing or purchase from Marvin Hall through
his website http://mhphoto.zenfolio.com/.  Look under Sports and NCCS.  

COOKIE DOUGH:  Just when you thought you were out.there are still a few tubs
of cookie dough available for purchase.  Please contact Nancy Bareham
(202-4719) for more information.

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am this THURSDAY.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in
to the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for another $1.00.
Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen's 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY'S HOT LUNCH:   Baked chicken strips and mashed potatoes are on the
menu this Thursday.  Order forms for pizza are available via email with the
Warrior Weekly or at the Communication Station. Orders and money need to be
placed in the Hot Lunch Box (not the pizza box) outside the school office by
3:00pm on Wednesday. All proceeds will help the 4/5/6th graders go on their
fun, but very educational trip to Chicago in May. Any questions regarding
hot lunch? Contact Mary Hedin at 394-5729.

SPORTS NEWS

NCCS STUDENT-ATHLETE HONORED:  Recently, Mark Fitch was named in the Lansing
State Journal as receiving "All State" honors for Class D boys' basketball.
Great job Mark!  We are very proud of you.