Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:19:56 -0400

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

April 20, 2009

"If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.  Then you will
know the truth,

 and the truth will set you free."  John 8:31  

 

Coming up at NCCS

April 24           Worship Concert - 7:00pm

May 1              JR/SR Banquet

May 4              JR/SR Retreat Day

May 8              Mother's Day Tea - 2:00pm

                        Spring Program - 7:00pm

Sports Schedule

Maps to away games will be provided by your student's coach.

 

Girls Varsity Soccer - Home games played at NCCS

April 20                       5:00pm at home vs. Marshall

April 24                       5:00pm at Morrice

COVENANT CASH NOTICE:  Covenant Cash earned for inviting a family who
attended the April 9th Open House will be sent out this week.  
 
If you are a family who will be paying your tuition through FACTS next year
and would like to apply Covenant Cash towards your 2009-10 tuition, you must
turn it in to the school office no later than Monday, May 11th.  For
FACTS-paying families only, we will not be able to credit your Covenant Cash
after that date because the Business Office needs to submit paperwork to
FACTS Tuition Management several weeks prior to your first disbursement.
Families paying their tuition in full may return Covenant Cash at the time
they make payment.  Please contact the Business Office with any questions.

RESCHEDULED PARENT-TEACHER COALITION DATE:  Please make plans to join us on
Tuesday, May 12th at 7:00pm.  More specifics regarding the topics to be
addressed at the meeting will be available in a future Warrior Weekly.
 
STUDENT OF THE MONTH AWARDS:  We invite friends and family to join us for
Chapel this Wednesday as we present awards to those students who were
nominated for Student of the Month in March.  Please also consider inviting
a prospective school family to this event; it is a wonderful way to show off
our school! 

WORSHIP SERVICE THIS FRIDAY:  This Friday, April 24th is the date for a
worship service led by our middle and high school choir and the high school
worship team.  This event will begin at 7:00pm and will include an offering
to support the senior class mission trip.  

SPRING PROGRAM:  The Elementary Spring Program on the calendar for Friday,
April 24th has been moved to Friday, May 8th at 7:00pm.  It will now be a
combined Band and Elementary Spring Program.  

PRESCHOOL/ELEMENTARY MOTHER'S DAY TEA:  The preschool and elementary
students look forward to welcoming their mothers and grandmothers to a
special tea in their honor on Friday, May 8th.  Guests may arrive at 1:45pm,
and the program begins at 2:00pm.  Please bring your favorite teacup.

 

WARRIORS CLASSIC INFORMATION:  Mark your calendars for Saturday morning, May
16 (date change from May 11).  We are excited to participate this year in
the Playmakers Race Series Event, Capitol Bancorp 5k in lieu of our previous
golf outing.  This is a great family event and allows all ages to join in on
the fun.  Please see the attachment for more information or visit
www.capitolbancorp5k.com <http://www.capitolbancorp5k.com/> .  

CALENDAR RESPONSE SURVEY:  Based on parent responses, Friday remains the
preferred night for school events. A number of parents mentioned that while
Fridays were good for student events, Mondays were better for parent events.
We didn't make that distinction in our questions, but overall it appears
that most parents appreciate how we have been doing things for the past
while, so we will continue with that. Thank you for your feedback. Here are
the results:

 

Monday

Tuesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Response
Count

First Choice

28.6% (16)

16.1% (9)

21.4% (12)

33.9% (19)

0.0% (0)

56

Second Choice

18.2% (10)

34.5% (19)

30.9% (17)

9.1% (5)

7.3% (4)

55

Third Choice

26.2% (11)

23.8% (10)

28.6% (12)

16.7% (7)

4.8% (2)

42

HELP WANTED:  Administration is looking for assistance in two critical
areas:

*      We are in need of an Athletic Director.  Our conference Charter
requires each member school to have a non-coach Athletic Director. Scott
Richey, our previous AD, recently stepped down from this position.  We are
grateful for his willingness to serve the school when needed.  

*      We are also looking for one or more people to provide
technical/computer assistance, specifically on our Windows networking
system.  We are currently experiencing computer problems and could use help
immediately! 

If you have a willingness to serve in either of these areas or would like
more information, please contact Pastor Ryckman by phone (323-8903) or via
email ([email-masked]).  Thank you!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL TUITION CREDIT PROGRAM USERS:    Our TAP,
Meijer Community Rewards (MCR), and Upromise Tuition Credit Programs will be
closing out the current year at the end of April.  You may still continue to
use the programs after that, but credit earned after April will be given in
the 2010-11 school year.  

Sadly, Upromise is discontinuing their K-12 Schools Program on August 5,
2009.  You can continue to earn NCCS credit right up until August 5th but
not after that date.  We will receive our final check from that program in
October 2009 (to be credited in the 2010-2011 school year).  

COLLECTING USED ROLLER SKATES:  Our former teacher, Cathy Mowen, has asked
for our help collecting working roller skates for a community mission
outreach in Pennsylvania (where she has relocated).  Any type of working
roller skates will do, even the little kid Fisher-Price type.  We'll be
collecting for the next few weeks.  If you'd like to donate, please drop
them in the box in the school office.  Thank you!  
 
SUMMER SPORTS AND CAMP OPPORTUNITIES:  There are some new opportunities for
NCCS students to participate in sports (Waverly Piranhas Swim Club and CHAP
Chariot Football) and summer camps (through Meridian Christian Community
Ministries).  If you are interested, information is available at the
Communication Station.

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for another $1.00.
Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  

THURSDAY'S HOT LUNCH:   Chicken Caesar salad is on your plate for lunch on
Thursday. Order forms are available via email with the Warrior Weekly or at
the Communication Station. Orders and money need to be placed in the Hot
Lunch Box outside the school office by 3:00pm on Wednesday. 

FRIDAY PIZZA:  The proceeds go towards the Class of 2009 senior mission
trip.  Pizza forms will be emailed home with the Warrior Weekly.  Pizza
forms are also available at the Communication Station outside the school
office.  Please fill out your pizza order form, and put it in the PIZZA box
outside the office by Wednesday at 3:00pm.