Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:42:48 -0500

Our new email address is   <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked].  Please use this address for future
correspondence.

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

January 22, 2008

“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of
unity amount yourselves 

as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify
the 

God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”  Romans 15:5,6

 

 

Attachments:

1.  Principal’s Page  

2.  Parent-Teacher Conference Form 

3.  Valentine’s Extravaganza  

4.  New Covenant Family Cookbook (front only sent via email)

5.  Thursday Hot Lunch / Friday Pizza

6.  Monday Subs

 

 

Coming up at NCCS

Jan. 22             Start of 2nd Semester

Jan. 23             High School Service Day – afternoon

Feb. 1              Parent-Teacher Conferences – ½ DAY

Feb. 8              Daddy-Daughter Dance – 7:00pm

Feb. 9              Valentine’s Extravaganza – 6:00pm

Feb. 11            Parent-Teacher Coalition – 7:00pm

 

 

 

NCCS Sports Schedule

Maps to away games are available at the school office.  They will be posted
by Friday for the following week’s games.  Families are responsible for
obtaining their own maps.  Directions will not be faxed, emailed, or given
over the telephone.  

Co-Ed Pee-Wee Basketball – all games played at Our Savior Lutheran

Jan. 26             10:00am vs. OSL Hughes

Boys’ Jr. Varsity/High Basketball – home games played at Aim High

Jan. 22             6:00pm at home vs. Springvale

Jan. 25             5:30pm vs. Washtenaw Christian, Saline

Boys’ Varsity Basketball – home games played at Aim High

Jan. 22             7:30pm at home vs. Springvale

Jan. 25             7:00pm vs. Washtenaw Christian, Saline

 

REPORT CARDS:  These will be mailed home and should be going out on Friday,
January 25.

PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES:  Conferences will be held in the afternoon of
February 1st.  These Parent-Teacher Conferences are not as critical as our
first ones in November.  It is not necessary for everyone to have a
conference unless you would like one; however, we want to be sure to see
parents of students who may be struggling or need special attention for
academic or behavioral issues.  Please use the attached form to schedule a
conference, and return it to the office by Wednesday, January 30th.
Conferences will not be scheduled over the phone; however, you can return
the form via email.   

PLEASE JOIN US:  We will be presenting the December Student of the Month
awards this Wednesday, January 23rd during chapel.  Everyone is welcome to
attend as we honor those students who have been selected to receive this
award.  

HIGH SCHOOL SERVICE DAY:   The service day for 9-12th grade students will be
held in the afternoon on Wednesday, January 23rd.  

DADDY-DAUGHTER DANCE:  Mark your calendars!  Friday, February 8th from
7:00-8:30pm is the Daddy- Daughter Dance.  This is a wonderful evening for
preschool–6th grade girls and their fathers.  The price is $12 for dad and
one daughter, and each additional daughter is $6.00.  Moms, if you would
like to help with the Daddy-Daughter Dance set-up, refreshments, etc.,
please contact Betsy Gillengerten (712-8477).  

HUNGRY AND COLD IN THE MORNING?  Parents, teachers, and students are invited
to stop by the kitchen to warm up with a cappuccino or hot cocoa and a yummy
muffin before school!  Items will be available on Thursday mornings from
8:00–8:20am.  Prices range from $1.00-$2.00.  Profits benefit the senior
class mission trip.  

NEW COVENANT FAMILY COOKBOOK:  New Covenant Christian School is teaming up
with New Covenant Christian Church to create a cookbook called “New Covenant
Family Cookbook.”  See the attached flyer for instructions on how to submit
your family favorites for the book.  More information (including purchase
price) will be available later.  Contact Lisa Prince (
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] or 627-0987) with any questions.

1ST/2ND GRADE CASTLE:  Mrs. Mowen’s 1st/2nd grade class is collecting Capri
Sun and other drink bag boxes to use for building their castle in the
spring.  Please drop boxes off at Mrs. Mowen’s classroom in the far end of
the east wing.  Thank you!

SAVE THE DATE:  The Valentine’s Extravaganza will be held Saturday, February
9th from 6:00–9:00pm at Mount Hope Church.  Yes, we have a different, larger
location this year!  Join the senior class for a fun evening of dinner and
entertainment.  Proceeds from this event will support the senior class
mission trip.  Please see the attachment for more information.

ACQUIRE THE FIRE INFORMATION:  Acquire the Fire returns to Detroit at the
Joe Louis Arena March 7-8, 2008! We are taking a large group from NCCC and
want to invite YOU to come. Chaperones are needed.  For more information,
including a registration form, visit CrossCultureYM.com or talk to Pastor
Jeremy.

ATTENDANCE/TARDY REMINDER:  Parents, you must notify the school office no
later than 8:30am if your student will be late to school or will be absent
for the day.  Please do not just give the information to your child’s
teacher; teachers are not responsible for relaying attendance information to
the school office.  Any K-12th grade student who arrives at school after
8:30am must sign in at the office before going to class.  Thank you for your
cooperation.

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be
given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Friday in order to be considered for
the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the school
office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be approved and may be
edited.  

FUNDRAISING

CAMPBELL’S SOUP LABELS & BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION:  There are separate
collection boxes across from the office for Campbell’s Soup Labels and Box
Tops for Education labels.  Please bring your labels in and help us fill our
boxes!  

INK CARTRIDGES:  A school family owns a business refilling and selling ink
and toner cartridges, and they are generously donating 100% of their profit
back to NCCS every time a school family utilizes their services for
refilling ink and toner cartridges.  Take advantage of this great
opportunity to save money and help the school by contacting the Ink
Cartridge Explorium at (517) 490-0064.  Please identify yourself as part of
the NCCS family.

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  This week we have hot baked potatoes for you to pile
with toppings. Kindergartener Jacob Mullins is the winner of the drawing for
the $2.00 lunch voucher. Let Mrs. Hedin know of any favorites you would like
to have served for hot lunch. All money raised will help fund the 5th/6th
grade class trip to Washington D.C. at the end of the year.  Thank you to
all who order and donate!