Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "New Covenant Christian School" <[email-masked]>
To: "New Covenant Christian School" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 10:53:21 -0400

I am not able to email the Thursday Hot Lunch form, however, extras are
available in the school near the “Hot Lunch” box.  I am attaching an updated
TAP form to this email.

Mrs. Sochay

 

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email:
[email-masked]     Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

October 2, 2006

“ 

 

I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and
ever.  

Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever.”  Psalm
145: 1 & 2

 

Attachments:

1.	Thursday Hot Lunch
2.	Friday Pizza
3.	American Guild of Organists
4.	School Picture Form

Coming up at NCCS

 

Oct. 3      Secondary Creation Assembly at 1:25pm

Oct. 4      Elementary Creation Assembly at 1:25pm 

Oct. 5      Betsy DeVos visit

Oct. 9      Parent Teacher Coalition Mtg. – 7:00pm

Oct. 11    Picture Day

Oct. 12    ½ Day – School Out at NOON

Oct. 18    PSAT Testing

NCCS Sports Schedule

Boys' Varsity Soccer - Home games played at GLCC

10-2             5:00pm vs. Flint Valley at home

10-3             5:00pm at Springvale Academy, Owosso

10-6             4:30pm vs. Dansville at home

10-9         5:00pm vs. Hillsdale Academy at home

Girls' Varsity Basketball - Home games played at Aim High

10-3         6:00pm vs. Rudolf Steiner Academy at home

10-6         6:30pm at Will Carleton, Hillsdale

10-10       7:00pm at Webberville High School, Webberville

 

We are praising God for Pastor Ryckman’s recovery!  He’s back in the school
on a limited basis.  Please continue to pray for his recovery and that he
would know when to rest.  

The parent prayer group is looking to expand it members.  If you are
available any day of the week between 8:15am - 8:40am, please feel free to
join us.  If we are not in the conference room, we are either in the music
room or the chapel.  We are still asking parents and staff alike to
designate the 8:15am - 8:40am time to prayer….. over your own children, the
school, and anything else the Lord places on your heart.  Here are prayer
requests for this week:

1.	That Jesus would be Lord over the school and that His peace would
consume our lives. 
2.	Adoration for Jesus would increase and takeover – a school of praise
and worship. 
3.	For unity and love – for order and purpose. 
4.	Individual students who are struggling or still adjusting to school.

5.	For vision and direction for the seniors  – revelation. 
6.	Success in our upcoming fundraisers – that God would raise up
individuals who are to be on the fundraiser committee.  Also, for someone to
lead and direct the fundraisers. 

Also, pray for God’s wisdom in all areas of NCCS.  Amen.

IMMUNIZATION REMINDER:  Letters were sent out for any student whose
immunization record is not current.  The letter informs you of any
immunizations your student is missing and includes a record of all
immunizations we have on file.  Follow the instructions in the letter and
return the appropriate documentation to the office by the date requested.
Thank you.  Mrs. Sochay

CREATION ASSEMBLIES:  Creation scientist, Grady McMurtry, will be visiting
our school this week.  He will be meeting with secondary students on Tuesday
and elementary students on Wednesday.  Each assembly will begin at 1:25pm
and will last until approximately 3:00pm (the elementary program will be a
little shorter than the secondary program).  Parents are welcome to attend.

BETSY DEVOS VISIT:  Betsy DeVos, wife of gubernatorial candidate Dick DeVos,
will be visiting our school on Thursday, October 5th from 9:30am – 10:45am.
She will be spending time with the 11th grade government class and taking a
tour of our school.  The purpose of the visit is to find out more about our
school and Christian education and to receive input as to what her husband
can do to support Christian education if he is elected governor.  If there
is time for parent interaction during the visit you will be informed via
email.  Her visit stems from a genuine desire to assist Christian schools,
and no press will be present at the event.  

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  The junior class will be selling hot lunch on Thursday,
October 5th to raise funds for an upcoming field trip.  Chips & cheese and
floats are available.  Please return the completed order form with payment
to the “Hot Lunch” box by 3:00pm on Wednesday, October 4th.  The school
office will not be able to provide change.

SCHOOL PICTURE DAY:  School pictures will be taken on Wednesday, October
11th.  Attached you will find an order form to use.  Return this completed
form with payment to the photographer on picture day.  Additional forms are
available in the school office if needed. We will need one parent to help us
on picture day to ensure everything goes smoothly.  Please contact the
school office to volunteer. 

PARENT TEACHER COALITION:  Please make plans to attend our first Parent
Teacher Coalition meeting of the school year.  Join us on Monday, October
9th at 7:00pm in Mr. Hravatic’s room.  Mr. Sochay will be sharing the
message he had planned for the cancelled September meeting. All parents are
invited and encouraged to attend.

BATTLE CRY LEADERSHIP SUMMIT:  You are invited to join us on Thursday,
October 12th from 2pm-5pm as we host the “Wake Up Call: Battle Cry
Leadership Summit.”  This event will inform and train pastors, parents, and
concerned adults about the status of teenagers in America and explain what
must be done to rescue them.  Speakers will include Ron Luce (founder and
president of Teen Mania and Acquire The Fire) and Blaine Bartel (youth
pastor and founder of Thrive, a ministry to youth pastors).  They will
clearly address the needs of today’s young people and explain how we can
respond.  We are just one of 40 Leadership Summits in the nation, and you
may never have a better opportunity to hear from today’s experts in youth
ministry.  Registration is $39 per person or $99 for a pastoral staff of up
to five people.  If at all possible, please attend and encourage your youth
pastor, senior pastor, and others to attend.  For more information or to
register, check out www.battlecry.org or call 877-750-3473.  If you have
questions contact Pastor Jeremy at 323-8903 x101 or
[email-masked]. 

 

FUNDRAISING

COOKIE DOUGH SALES:  The Savory Sweets Cookie Dough fundraiser will be
starting October 16th.  The cookie dough will be delivered before
Thanksgiving.  Thank you Lisa Prince, Jody Nailor, Mary Hedin, and Mimi
Patterson for volunteering to help with this fundraiser!  We still need a
few more volunteers to tally and work the day the cookie dough is delivered.
Please contact Mrs. Sochay in the office to help.

OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE

HELP STILL WANTED: We are still looking for someone who is experienced with
laying carpet and people willing to help move furniture out of Mr.
Hravatic’s room and back in.  We would like to do this the last week in
October when the teachers have their in-service.  Please contact Lisa Prince
(627-0987) if you can help.

SPORTS NEWS

SPORTS PHOTOS:  Photos for both girls’ basketball and boys’ soccer are
available for viewing and purchase at Marvin Hall’s website:
marvinhallphotography.com.  Look for NCCS photos under the Events tab.