Subject: Warrior Weekly & Important Information
From: "New Covenant Christian School" <[email-masked]>
To: "New Covenant Christian School" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:22:33 -0400

You may have heard that Pastor Ryckman was taken to the hospital on Friday
morning.  He was released to go home Saturday afternoon, but went back into
the hospital Sunday.  It has been determined that he has pulmonary
embolisms, also known as blood clots in the lungs.  He is currently
undergoing treatment at Sparrow Hospital. I have been asked to let everyone
know that HE IS NOT PERMITTED VISITORS.  If you would like to pass along
well-wishes, you may send them to one of the following email addresses:
[email-masked] or [email-masked].  If you'd like to send flowers to the
hospital, he is in room 418, bed 1.  I'll keep everyone updated as I find
out more information.

The Parent Teacher Coalition meeting scheduled for tonight at 7:00pm has
been cancelled.  It will be rescheduled at a later time.

Christy Sochay

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email:
[email-masked]     Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

September 11, 2006

" 

 

.if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray

 and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,

 then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their
land."  2 Chronicles 7:14

Attachments:

1.	Family Directory Corrections/Additions
2.	Friday Pizza     

Coming up at NCCS

TODAY          Seniors at High School Retreat

Sept. 13           Grades 9 - 11 report to Retreat

Sept. 15           High School returns from Retreat

Sept. 15/16      Middle School Retreat

NCCS Sports Schedule

Boys' Varsity Soccer - Home games played at GLCC

Sept. 19                       5:30pm at Washtenaw Christian Academy, Ann
Arbor 

Girls' Varsity Basketball - Home games played at Aim High

Sept.  19                      6:30pm at Washtenaw Christian Academy, Ann
Arbor

PARENTS' PRAYER GROUP:  The parents' prayer group has been meeting for the
past two weeks, and what a blessing it has been!  We believe the Lord has
chosen this to be a very special year filled with prosperity, unity, and
Kingly Rule for our seniors.  We sense that the Lord is directing us to
worship Him in spirit and in truth, to spend time in His presence, and to
speak His word over the school.  We have been meeting in the conference room
from 8:10am until approximately 8:40am.  We realize not everyone can come
because of schedules and work, but feel free to stop by any morning you're
free.  You will be blessed.  You don't need to be a big prayer warrior; just
come and tell the Lord how great He is!  We would also like to encourage all
parents to pray for their children at this designated time.  Just think,
every child in the school being prayed for at the same time - our school
would be so covered in prayer!   Please join us by praying for the following
issues this next week:  

1.	That God would give revelation knowledge to all students at the
retreat 
2.	For an increase in financial support for the retreat and the school
in general 
3.	For our Pastors, teachers and staff 
4.	For overall unity for kids, teachers, school, etc. 
5.	For a deeper adoration for the one true king - Jesus Christ 
6.	For prayer to be increased in all areas 
7.	Humility and the binding of pride in our lives 

PARENT TEACHER COALITION MEETING:  The meeting scheduled for tonight has
been cancelled.

FAMILY DIRECTORY:  Attached you will find corrections and additions for the
current Family Directory.  If you haven't yet picked up your directory, it
is available in the school office.  

TAP:  Would you like to save money on your tuition next year?  If so, then
you'll want to be involved in the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).  Stop by
the TAP table in the lobby between 2:45pm and 3:45pm on Wednesday to sign up
for this school year or to receive more information on how you can reduce
tuition costs through this valuable program.  You can also contact Carmen
Fitch (974-5002) for more information or to volunteer your time to help at
the TAP table.

MILK PROGRAM:  Milk will be available for lunches beginning today. You can
purchase a milk card in the school office.  A $5.00 punch card gives you 13
milks, or you can purchase milk daily for $.75.  When purchasing milk,
please have exact change, or write a check payable to NCCS.  The school
office will not be able to provide change. 

HELPFUL PIZZA NOTES:  THANK YOU for supporting the senior class through your
pizza order!  Your co-operation by following the instructions below is
helpful to them as they prepare the orders.

1.	Always put your full name and grade on each slip.
2.	Place correct amount of money in an envelope.  Anything extra will
be considered a donation to the senior class.  Keep in mind, the school
office will not be able to provide change.  You may write a check payable to
NCCS.
3.	If students pre-order pizza, and they are absent on the Friday that
it is served, their order will automatically be available the next Friday.
4.	If you wish to prepay for additional weeks, you must fill out and
date a slip for each week.  Please fill out each slip completely, including
date.
5.	If a family wishes to order an entire pizza, they are available for
$9.00 each.
6.	Slips are picked up promptly each Wednesday at 3:00pm
7.	If you do not preorder, you are not guaranteed pizza.  We usually
sell out every week.  Preordering helps us to plan more efficiently!

Please call Lorraine Puuri if you have any questions (339-1916).

FRIDAY PIZZA:  In the seniors absence, Mrs. Hravatic's 2nd/3rd grade class
will be providing pizza and brownies this Friday for Kindergarten - 6th
grade students.  All money earned will go towards the bookshelf in their
classroom.  Please make sure to use the attached pizza order form and not
one from a previous week.  Order forms are due in the "Friday Pizza" box
across from the school office by 3:00pm on Wednesday.  Note the school
office will not be able to provide change.

PHONE TREE: Joan LeGwin will be preparing the phone tree again this year.
For new families, the phone tree is one of the ways in which we communicate
last minute school closures (ie:  snow days).  If you were a phone tree
"caller" last year, Joan will be contacting you to ask if you are able to
assist again this year.  If you were not a "caller" previously but would
like to help make phone tree calls, please contact Joan at 290-2587.

WARRIOR WEEKLY: If you would like to include school events in the Warrior
Weekly, we would love to hear from you. Information you would like included
and all attachments must be dropped off no later than Friday at 10:00am.
Items dropped off Friday after 10:00am will be included in the following
week's newsletter. All submissions are subject to approval and editing by
administration. Please drop off newsletter information on a disk or CD
(which will be returned) so we are able to edit. If you do not have a
computer disk or CD, you may use one from the school.  Please see Mrs.
Sochay in the office for more information.

OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE AT NCCS

OFFICE HELP:  The school is still in need of office coverage during Tuesday
lunch.  If you are available to help during this time, please call Mrs.
Sochay in the office.

WANTED: Do you have experience laying carpet?  We have new carpet for Mr.
Hravatic's room and could use your help installing it.  Please contact Lisa
Prince (627-0987) if you can help.