Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:10:01 -0400

The attachment for the Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser was done in Microsoft
Publisher.  If you are not able to open it, the original is attached to the
Warrior Weekly that will come home with your student.  The same information
is also within the body of this email.  

A final reminder about the mandatory PTC meeting at 7:00pm tonight.  Please
see the special note about paying your registration fee early at the meeting
tonight.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

March 10, 2008

"I have set the Lord always before me.  Because he is at my right hand, I
will not be shaken."  Psalm 16:8

 

 

Attachments:

1.	Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser
2.	Sports Honors Banquet
3.	Thursday Hot Lunch
4.	Friday Pizza / Monday Subs

 

Coming up at NCCS

 

TONIGHT     Parent-Teacher Coalition - 7:00pm

March 10         MME Testing Week - Juniors only

March 13         Talent Show - Mandatory Rehearsal

March 14         Talent Show - 7:00pm

March 17         Sports Honors Night - new date

March 20         End of 3rd Quarter

March 21         Good Friday - School Closed

March 24         Spring Break Begins

March 31         School Resumes/Start of 4th Quarter

MME TESTING WEEK:  A reminder that Juniors will be taking the Michigan Merit
Exam this Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

PARENT-TEACHER COALITION MEETING:  The next Parent-Teacher Coalition meeting
is coming up TONIGHT at 7:00pm in the Sanctuary.  This is a mandatory
meeting, and at least one member from each family is expected to be in
attendance. The focus of this meeting is to provide an update on the school
and share information concerning both the elementary and secondary programs.
Pastor Ryckman will also be discussing the Ambassador Program and how it
will aid in recruitment of students to NCCS.  Registration packets for the
next school year will be distributed at the meeting, as well.  

NOTE:  NCCS is offering a special incentive to register your children early
for the 2008-2009 school year.  The registration fee is $75 per child
through April 27th.  However, if you pay your registration fee at the PTC
meeting you will receive a $25 discount per child off the registration fee
only; therefore, at the PTC meeting the registration fee will be $50 per
child.  You must pay by check or with exact cash (we will not be able to
make change).  You do not need to fill out and return the registration
paperwork that night.  Remember, this registration discount will be
available only at the PTC meeting.  

NCCS TALENT SHOW:  Join us THIS FRIDAY for the 21st annual event showcasing
the great collection of artists and performers within the NCCS family.
There will also be a silent auction and bake sale held with proceeds going
towards the senior class mission trip.  This is one of the last
opportunities for seniors to raise funds for their trip, and your help is
greatly appreciated.  Please contact Robbie Gill (627-1445) or the school
office if you are able to provide items for the bake sale.  Please contact
Lisa Prince (627-0987) if you are able to donate an item or service for the
auction.  Act Sheets are available in the school office if you would like to
perform at the talent show.  

PANCAKE BREAKFAST:  The Sophomore class is hosting a pancake breakfast this
Saturday from 7:30-10:30am at New Covenant Christian School.  The cost is
$6.00 per person or $24.00 per family (additional donations gratefully
accepted).   Money raised will be used to fund the 10th grade class trip to
Washington D.C. in April.

ATTENTION TAP PARTICIPANTS:  Due to Spring Break, orders placed on
Wednesday, March 19th will not be available for pick-up until Wednesday,
April 2nd.  Thank you for your continued participation in the TAP Program.
Please call Carmen Fitch with any questions at (517) 974-5002.

COOKIE DOUGH STILL AVAILABLE:  There are many flavors of the cookie dough
available at the discounted price of $5/tub.  Please contact Nancy Bareham
(202-4719) to make a purchase.

YEARBOOK:  It's yearbook order time!  Order Forms and Page Sponsorship Forms
are available in the school office.

1ST/2ND GRADE CASTLE:  Mrs. Mowen's 1st/2nd grade class is collecting Capri
Sun and other drink bag boxes to use for building their castle in the
spring.  Please drop boxes off at Mrs. Mowen's classroom in the far end of
the east wing.  Thank you!

INK CARTRIDGES:  A school family owns a business refilling and selling ink
and toner cartridges, and they are generously donating 100% of their profit
back to NCCS every time a school family utilizes their services for
refilling ink and toner cartridges.  Take advantage of this great
opportunity to save money and help the school by contacting the Ink
Cartridge Explorium at (517) 490-0064.  Please identify yourself as part of
the NCCS family.

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  This week the 5th/6th grade class will be offering
floats and nachos.  Place your completed orders in the "Hot Lunch" box
outside the office by Wednesday at 3:00pm. Make sure you put your name on
the order form. 

Is there something you would like served for hot lunch before the end of the
school year?  If so, call Mary Hedin at 394-5729.

NEED TUTORING?  Roger Wilson, our current choir teacher and former science
teacher, has a BS in physics and a seminary degree.  He is able to tutor
students in almost any NCCS subject, except Spanish.  He is experienced in
assisting students in Understanding the Times, Rhetoric, and Thesis
preparation.  Patient & Effective - References Available - Rates Negotiable.
E-mail Roger at
<http://webmaila.juno.com/webmail/new/8?folder=Inbox&msgNum=0000KEG0:0017cb1
c000027OI&block=1&msgNature=all&msgStatus=all&count=1201837454&content=centr
al> [email-masked] or leave message at 485-4219.

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be
given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Friday in order to be considered for
the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the school
office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be approved and may be
edited.  

SPORTS NEWS

NCCS SPORTS PHOTOS AVAILABLE:  Photos taken at the various sporting events
this year are available for viewing at http://nccssn.blogspot.com.  They are
also available for viewing and purchase through photographer Marvin Hall's
website at  <http://www.marvinhallphotography.com/events/>
http://www.marvinhallphotography.com/events.

COMPETITIVE SWIMMING OPPORTUNITIES:  If any of next year's high school age
students are interested in competitive swimming with Waverly High
School/Lansing Catholic High School (girls-fall, boys-winter), please call
Mr. Klepal.  He is looking into joining as a co-op team.    

Also, the Waverly Piranhas Swim Club is a USA Swim Association swim program
open for all ages to join and enjoy the sport of competitive swimming.  The
club presently has a membership of 39 boys and girls between the ages of 7
to 16 and has room for more.   For more information call Deb Gundry
(321-2782) or Dave Love (482-6018).