Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:50:17 -0500

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

January 12, 2009

 

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in
Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:19

 

Hard-Copy Attachments:

1.	Valentine’s Extravaganza 

Coming up at NCCS

 

1/19                             MLK Jr. Birthday

                                    High School Service Day – ½ Day

1/23                             End of 1st Semester/2nd Quarter

1/26                             Records Day – SCHOOL CLOSED

1/27                             Start of 2nd Semester/3rd Quarter

1/30                             Parent/Teacher Conferences – ½ Day

 

This Week in Sports   

Maps to away games are available from the coach.   The school office does
not fax, email, or give directions over the telephone.

Co-Ed Youth Basketball – all games at Our Savior Lutheran School

1/17                 12pm vs. OSL Hughes

Boys’ JH Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

1/13                 5pm at Springvale Academy, Owosso

1/16                 4:30pm at Calhoun Christian, Battle Creek

Boys’ Varsity Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

1/13                 7:30pm at Springvale Academy, Owosso

1/16                 7:30pm at Calhoun Christian, Battle Creek

Girls’ Varsity Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

1/13                 6pm at Springvale Academy, Owosso

1/16                 6pm at Calhoun Christian, Battle Creek

 

SCHOOL PAPER AND SUPPLY DRIVE:  At the beginning of the school year, each
student brought in two reams of paper.  We are happy to announce that the
paper supply has lasted almost the entire first semester!  Now that the
paper supply is dwindling, we are holding a “paper drive”.  If each family
could bring in 2-3 reams of white 20 lb. paper to the school office, that
should help us through the remainder of the school year.  Also, please see
the revised list of other supplies we are currently in need of and will not
be able to purchase in light of recent cuts to the school supply budget
(sent via email attachment).  If you are able to meet any of the listed
needs, please drop the items off in the school office.  This is a perfect
example of how our school family can work together during this time, each of
us doing a little to help the school as a whole.  

The school staff is extremely grateful to those families who have already
brought in paper and other supplies!  God bless you.  

 

 

DUAL ENROLLMENT OPPORTUNITIES:  NCCS will be offering dual enrollment
opportunities for home school students at the start of the second semester.
Please help us pass the word about this opportunity to home schooling
families you know, and direct any inquiries for specific information to the
school office.  Thank you for your help…this is a great way to expand our
current enrollment!  

NCCS AUCTION:  By now you have already received information in the mail
about the upcoming online auction in February (it is also being sent as an
email attachment to this Warrior Weekly).  This is a major fundraiser for
the school, and we are in need of volunteers to ensure its success.  In the
mailing, you received an NCCS Auction Event Response Form; please fill out
the form and return it to the office by 3:00pm TOMORROW (Tuesday).  Contact
Jim Ryckman at 323-8903 if you have any questions.

CASTONGUAY FAMILY MEALS:  Betsy Gillengerten has graciously offered to
schedule and deliver meals for the family.  If you would like to provide the
Castonguay family with a meal in the coming days or weeks, please contact
Betsy at school or home (712-8477 or
<http://webmailb.juno.com/webmail/new/8?folder=Inbox&msgNum=00000W00:0019OfO
H00000AB2&block=1&msgNature=all&msgStatus=all&count=1231248166&content=centr
al##> [email-masked]) to schedule your day; scheduling meals will
help us avoid having too many meals provided at once and duplication of
dishes.  Meals can be dropped off in the school office.  For those desiring
to send cards to the family, the home address is:  5121 Peony Place,
Lansing, MI  48911.

HOMECOMING DATE CHANGE:  The date for Homecoming has been changed from
Friday, March 20th to Saturday, March 21st from 5:00-9:00pm.  

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.   Orders placed this Wednesday will be
available for pick-up next Thursday, January 22nd, from 8:00am – 8:30am.
Please contact Carmen Fitch with any questions at [email-masked] or
974-5002.  

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am on Friday.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in to
the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Preordering for nachos is not necessary; just come with your money and a
hungry appetite.  Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for
another $1.00.  Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  All
money earned will go toward the senior class mission trip at the end of the
year.

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen’s 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  Enjoy a plate of baked pasta and garlic toast for hot
lunch on Thursday.  Order forms are available via email with the Warrior
Weekly or at the Communication Station. Orders and money need to be placed
in the Hot Lunch box outside the school office by 3:00pm on Wednesday. All
proceeds will help the 4/5/6th graders go on their fun, but very educational
trip to Chicago at the end of the year.  Any questions or suggestions for
hot lunch? Contact Mary Hedin at 394-5729. Thanks for your continued
support.

FRIDAY PIZZA DAY:  The proceeds go towards the Class of 2009 senior mission
trip.  Pizza forms will be emailed home with the Warrior Weekly.  Pizza
forms are also available at the Communication Station outside the school
office.  Please fill out your pizza order form, and put it in the PIZZA box
outside the office BEFORE Wednesday at 3:00pm.  

SPORTS NEWS

SPORTS SCHEDULES/DIRECTIONS:  Updated schedules will be provided by team
coaches and updates will be printed in the Warrior Weekly.  The school
secretary no longer distributes maps to away games; however, each coach will
make sure that players have directions to away games.  Please contact the
coach if you have any questions.  

WARRIOR CONCESSIONS:  Come support our NCCS athletes at their basketball
games.  There will be concessions at the Home games (hot dogs, popcorn,
water, candy).  All proceeds will go towards the Athletic Department.  Thank
you for your support.