Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:06:56 -0400

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

March 17, 2008

"I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God."  Isaiah
61:10(a)

 

 

Attachments:

1.	Principal's Page
2.	Parent Survey
3.	April Cleaning Schedule (Gr. 7-12)
4.	Spirit Week Information
5.	Thursday Hot Lunch

 

Coming up at NCCS

 

March 17         Sports Honors Night - Dinner at 6:00pm/Program at 7:15pm

March 20         End of 3rd Quarter

March 21         Good Friday - School Closed

March 24         Spring Break Begins

March 31         School Resumes/Start of 4th Quarter

                        Spirit Week Begins

April 4             Homecoming

April 8             Parent-Teacher Coalition/Warriors Classic Kick-Off Rally

 

STUDENT OF THE MONTH AWARDS:  Please join us during Chapel this Wednesday
morning as we honor those students who will be receiving this award.  

SPRING BREAK REMINDERS:  School will be closed beginning this Friday and
will resume after Spring Break on Monday, March 31st.  Because school will
be closed, there will be no Friday Pizza or Monday Subs.  However, this week
Mrs. Allen's 5th/6th grade class will be offering pizza for Thursday Hot
Lunch.  Enjoy your Spring Break and, most importantly, the celebration of
Christ's Resurrection.      

THANK YOU:  The senior class wishes to thank everyone who provided baked
goods for the Talent Show on Friday night.  The Bake Sale was a huge
success!

REPORT CARD INFORMATION:  The third quarter ends on Thursday, March 20th.
Grading and report cards will be done when we return from Spring Break.  You
can expect report cards to be sent out no later than Friday, April 4th.  

ATTENTION TAP PARTICIPANTS:  Due to Spring Break, orders placed on
Wednesday, March 19th will not be available for pick-up until Wednesday,
April 2nd.  Thank you for your continued participation in the TAP Program.
Please call Carmen Fitch with any questions at (517) 974-5002.

YEARBOOK:  Remember, Thursday is the final date to order a yearbook before
the price increases.  The price is currently $30 and will increase to $35
after March 20th.  Order forms are available in the school office.

DISTRICT SPEECH MEET RESULTS:  The District Speech Meet for 7th and 8th
grade students was held Monday, March 10th.  Congratulations to James
Richardson (7th) and Aubrey Shaw (7th) who each received an Excellent
rating!  Congratulations, also, to Kayla Hedin (8th) and Cody Nailor (8th)
who each received a Good rating. The Elementary District Speech Meet was
held Friday, March 14th.  Levi Nailor (4th) and Rachel Mayfield (5th) both
received a Good rating.  The following students received an Excellent
rating:  Samuel Asfada (3rd), Jaylen Parker (3rd), Reese Brockhaus (4th),
Henry Gillengerten (4th), Stephen Giles (5th), Joseph Lukins (5th), Eloise
Gillengerten (6th), Rebekah Grant (6th), Noah Lukins (6th),  and Jacob
Premer (6th).  Congratulations to Grace Gillengerten (1st), Abigail Bareham
(2nd), and Isaac Selis (5th) who all received a Superior rating!  Well done
all Speech Meet participants.  We are so proud of each of you for the great
job you did and how well you represented New Covenant Christian School!    

MSBOA BAND FESTIVAL:  Our band director, Betsy Wilson, and a group of eight
band students from grades 7-12 participated in the MSBOA Band Festival in
Charlotte on Saturday, March 1st. Students involved were Ben Allen, James
Bender, Levi Grundner, Michael Hirschi, Jordan Holmes, Kristen Patterson,
James Richardson, and Zachary Tate. Their performance was described by one
of the adjudicators as "fantastic"; another said "I applaud you for your
courage, but more importantly for your excellent musicianship." Well done,
to the band and Miss Wilson!

COOKIE DOUGH STILL AVAILABLE:  There are many flavors of cookie dough
available at the discounted price of $5/tub.  Please contact Nancy Bareham
(202-4719) to make a purchase.

1ST/2ND GRADE CASTLE:  Mrs. Mowen's 1st/2nd grade class is collecting Capri
Sun and other drink bag boxes to use for building their castle in the
spring.  Please drop boxes off at Mrs. Mowen's classroom in the far end of
the east wing.  Thank you!

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  This week the 5th/6th grade class will be offering
pizza on Thursday.  Place your completed orders in the "Hot Lunch" box
outside the office by Wednesday at 3:00pm. Make sure you put your name on
the order form. 

INK CARTRIDGES:  A school family owns a business refilling and selling ink
and toner cartridges, and they are generously donating 100% of their profit
back to NCCS every time a school family utilizes their services for
refilling ink and toner cartridges.  Take advantage of this great
opportunity to save money and help the school by contacting the Ink
Cartridge Explorium at (517) 490-0064.  Please identify yourself as part of
the NCCS family.

NEED TUTORING?  Roger Wilson, our current choir teacher and former science
teacher, has a BS in physics and a seminary degree.  He is able to tutor
students in almost any NCCS subject, except Spanish.  He is experienced in
assisting students in Understanding the Times, Rhetoric, and Thesis
preparation.  Patient & Effective - References Available - Rates Negotiable.
E-mail Roger at
<http://webmaila.juno.com/webmail/new/8?folder=Inbox&msgNum=0000KEG0:0017cb1
c000027OI&block=1&msgNature=all&msgStatus=all&count=1201837454&content=centr
al> [email-masked] or leave message at 485-4219.

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be
given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Thursday in order to be considered for
the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the school
office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be approved and may be
edited.  

SPORTS NEWS

ATTENTION BOYS' BASKETBALL PLAYERS:  Make sure to bring your uniform tonight
to the Sports Honors Banquet!

SPORTS HONORS BANQUET:  This event will be held TONIGHT at NCCS.  Dinner
will begin at 6:00pm (please remember to bring two large side dishes).  The
program will begin at 7:15pm.  All basketball teams will be honored tonight.

 

NCCS SPORTS PHOTOS AVAILABLE:  Photos taken at the various sporting events
this year are available for viewing at http://nccssn.blogspot.com.  They are
also available for viewing and purchase through photographer Marvin Hall's
website at  <http://www.marvinhallphotography.com/events/>
http://www.marvinhallphotography.com/events.

COMPETITIVE SWIMMING OPPORTUNITIES:  If any of next year's high school age
students are interested in competitive swimming with Waverly High
School/Lansing Catholic High School (girls-fall, boys-winter), please call
Mr. Klepal.  He is looking into joining as a co-op team.    

Also, the Waverly Piranhas Swim Club is a USA Swim Association swim program
open for all ages to join and enjoy the sport of competitive swimming.  The
club presently has a membership of 39 boys and girls between the ages of 7
to 16 and has room for more.   For more information call Deb Gundry
(321-2782) or Dave Love (482-6018).