Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 10:03:21 -0500

Welcome back!

I printed out the Warrior Weekly prior to leaving for Christmas break, so
there are a couple of updates:

1)  The Parent-Teacher Coalition meeting on the calendar for tonight will
instead be held on Monday, January 14th at 7:00pm.

2)  You may have heard about the recent rioting in Kenya, specifically
Nairobi.  I received an email from the Hravatic family that I'd like to
share with everyone (see below).  The bottom portion of the email (in all
caps) is a thank-you from the Hravatic's to all the NCCS families who sent
them supplies.

Hi Christy!
Thanks for your concern! It is nice to know you are thinking about us!!!!
The Tuthills did arrive safely.  We couldn't do exactly what I had planned
because of the tension in the city and around the area,
but we were able to get out yesterday and do some "touristy" things. Today,
the Tuthills, Jon and Becca left to do ministry down in 

Tanzania. Please pray for favor and safety. School was supposed to start
this Tuesday, but it has been delayed and will tentatively begin 

next Monday.  World Vision has just evacuated the country yesterday! They
will be back when things settle down. One of the teachers and his family are
evacuating tomorrow. They feel safe, but their parents back home are
freaking out and are paying their way to go home until things are more
stable. The grocery stores are open again, but not fully stocked. More
demonstrations are planned for this week. We are safe and have food!
And...Jesus Christ is still on the throne!
Talk with you soon.
Sue :)

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH NCCS FOR ALL THE 
WONDERFUL SUPPLIES, GIFTS AND TREATS YOU SENT OUR 
FAMILY!!!!!! YOUR THOUGHTFULNESS WAS SUCH AN ENCOURAGEMENT TO US!!!!!
BLESSING TO YOU ALL!
LOVE, 
THE HRAVATIC FAMILY :)

Our new email address is   <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked].  Please use this address for future
correspondence.

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

January 7, 2008

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into
practice is 

like a wise man who built his house on the rock."  Matthew 7:24

 

Attachments:

1.  Principal's Page  

2.  Warriorwear

3.  Thursday Hot Lunch

4.  Friday Pizza

5.  Monday Subs

 

Coming up at NCCS

Jan. 7               School Resumes for 2008

Jan. 14             High School Service Day - afternoon

                        Parent-Teacher Coalition Meeting - 7:00pm

Jan. 18             End of 1st Semester

Jan. 21             Records Day - NO SCHOOL

Jan. 22             Start of 2nd Semester

 

NCCS Sports Schedule

Maps to away games are available at the school office.  They will be posted
by Friday for the following week's games.  Families are responsible for
obtaining their own maps.  Directions will not be faxed, emailed, or given
over the telephone.  

Co-Ed Pee-Wee Basketball - all games played at Our Savior Lutheran

Jan. 12             12:00pm vs. LAHAA Killian

Boys' Jr. Varsity/High Basketball - home games played at Aim High

Jan. 8               5:00pm at Calhoun Christian, Battle Creek

Jan. 12             1:00pm vs. CHAP Homeschool at Capitol City Baptist

Boys' Varsity Basketball - home games played at Aim High

Jan. 4               7:30pm at home vs. Webberville High School

Jan. 8               7:30pm at Calhoun Christian, Battle Creek

Jan. 11             7:30pm at Hillsdale Academy, Hillsdale

Girls' Varsity Basketball - home games played at Aim High

Jan. 8               6:00pm at Calhoun Christian, Battle Creek

 

NCCS PRAYER TIMES FOR PARENTS:  Every Tuesday morning at 6:30am parents are
invited to meet and pray at Deb Hawn's house, located at 8722 Jacaranda
Drive in Dimondale (call Deb for directions at 646-8050).  Prayer will be
held at the school at 8:30am the rest of the week.  Call Michelle Pomales
(622-4415), our Prayer Coordinator, with any questions or prayer requests.  

INK CARTRIDGES:  A school family owns a business refilling and selling ink
and toner cartridges, and they are generously donating 100% of their profit
back to NCCS every time a school family utilizes their services for
refilling ink and toner cartridges.  Take advantage of this great
opportunity to save money and help the school by contacting the Ink
Cartridge Explorium at (517) 490-0064.  Please identify yourself as part of
the NCCS family.

ATTENDANCE/TARDY REMINDER:  Parents, you must notify the school office no
later than 8:30am if your student will be late to school or will be absent
for the day.  Please do not just give the information to your child's
teacher; teachers are not responsible for relaying attendance information to
the school office.  Any K-12th grade student who arrives at school after
8:30am must sign in at the office before going to class.  Thank you for your
cooperation.

COLD WEATHER REMINDER:  Elementary students will go outside for recess as
long as the temperature does not go lower than 5 degrees (including
windchill).  Please make sure elementary students are dressed appropriately
for outside recess and have hats, mittens or gloves, snow pants, and boots.
Students without boots and snow pants must stay on the pavement if there is
snow on the ground.   

ACQUIRE THE FIRE INFORMATION:  Acquire the Fire returns to Detroit at the
Joe Louis Arena March 7-8, 2008! We are taking a large group from NCCC and
want to invite YOU to come. It helps us tremendously when you register
early, and it also saves you money. The cost for the ticket, food, lodging,
and transportation is $97 until January 11th.  Chaperones are needed also.
For more information including a registration form, visit CrossCultureYM.com
or talk to Pastor Jeremy.

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be
given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Friday in order to be considered for
the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the school
office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be approved and may be
edited.  

FUNDRAISING

NCCS WARRIORWEAR:  Did you miss the first order date in December?  Another
order for NCCS sweatshirts, t-shirts, and knit caps will be placed on
January 18th.  Purchase your Warriorwear now and show your school spirit at
the remaining basketball games.  Profits from the sale will benefit the
senior class mission trip in May 2008. The red/gray hoodie will no longer be
available to order.  Please see the attachment for more information.

COOKIE DOUGH:  The holidays may have passed, but cookies are still a great
treat!  We still have cookie dough available, now at the reduced price of
$7.50 per tub.  Call Nancy Bareham for details at (202-4719).

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH: Welcome back!  Nachos and Cheese are on the menu this
week.  No Turkey or Ham Leftovers for You!  Please remember to put your name
on your order slip. All money raised will help fund the 5th/6th grade class
trip to Washington D.C. at the end of the year.  Thank you to all who order.