Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:37:04 -0400

One of our school families was given some clothes that they would like to
donate to anyone to needs it.  They are women’s clothes (various sizes from
3-8).  If you would like them, call Amber Barton at 346-7650.

Please see the cookie dough order form going home with your youngest student
today.  The forms and money are due October 30th.  

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary/Administrative Asst.

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

October 13, 2008

“Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not
all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many 

form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.” Romans 12:4-5

 

Coming up at NCCS

Oct. 15            PSAT Testing – Juniors only 

Oct. 31            End of 1st Quarter

Nov. 3             Records Day – SCHOOL CLOSED

Nov. 6             Parent/Teacher Conferences – ½ Day

Nov. 7             P/T Conferences – SCHOOL CLOSED

Nov. 10           Prof. Devel. Day – SCHOOL CLOSED

NCCS Sports This Week 

Maps to away games will be provided by your student’s coach.

 

Co-Ed Cross Country - *indicates that Junior High will run in their own
separate race at the Junior High distance.

 *Oct. 13         Jr. Greater Lansing Invitational (Jr. High only) – 3:30pm

Boys’ Varsity Soccer – District games

Oct. 13            4:30pm vs. Hillsdale Academy at GLCC

Oct. 15            2:45pm vs. Morrice at Lansing Christian – only if win on
Oct. 13

Oct. 17            4:00pm District Finals at Lansing Christian – if win on
Oct. 15 

NOTE:           There is an entrance fee for District games.

ATTENTION JUNIOR PARENTS:  This Wednesday, October 15, 2008, ALL Juniors
will be taking the PSAT test.  This test is the qualifying test for the
National Merit Scholarship, as well as a good practice for future college
entrance tests (such as the ACT).  Testing will take place all morning (8:30
to noon).  PLEASE make sure your student arrives at school on time.  PLEASE
make sure they get a good night’s sleep the night before and eat a good
breakfast that morning.  If you have any questions, please contact me at the
school: 323-8903 ext. 211.  Thank You, Miss Ryckman

PARKING LOT PRAYER GROUP:  Our new parking lot prayer group has met daily
since September 11th to pray for NCCS in every aspect including the
students, staff, leadership, and finances.  Cars can come and go anytime
between 8:00 and 8:30am (near the playground equipment) for as long or short
as you are able.  I will keep copies of the red prayer card in my car for
anyone who needs a copy.   Thank you for your support by joining in prayer
in the parking lot or as you drive to work.  Prayer is the most proactive
thing we can do!!  Cindy Holmes (517-323-3139).

SAVORY SWEETS COOKIE DOUGH:  Back by popular demand, the cookie dough
fundraiser starts this week!  Order forms and information will be sent home
with your youngest student TODAY.  Order forms need to be returned by
October 30th.  Orders will be delivered before Thanksgiving.  Please call
Nancy Bareham (202-4719) if you have any questions.  Happy selling!

PHONE TREE: I am finalizing the 2008-2009 Phone Tree.  For families new to
NCCS, the phone tree is one of the ways we notify families of an unexpected
school closure, and we want to make sure that each family receives a call.
If you volunteered to make calls last year, I have put you on the list again
this year.  I do still need additional volunteers to assist in making calls
at approximately 6:30am on the morning of an unexpected school closure.  If
you can help, please contact me immediately.  I would like to get the
calling list in the hands of volunteers this week and run a test of the
phone tree next week.  Thank You, Mrs. Sochay   

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen’s 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  Chicken Wraps are on the menu for Thursday's hot lunch.
Be sure to order yours today! Order forms are only available via email with
the Warrior Weekly or at the Communication Station. Orders and money need to
be placed in the Hot Lunch Box outside the school office by 3:00pm on
Wednesday. All proceeds will help the 4/5/6th graders go on their fun, but
very educational trip to Chicago at the end of the year.  Any questions or
suggestions for hot lunch? Contact Mary Hedin at 394-5729. Thanks for your
continuing support.

FRIDAY PIZZA DAY:  The proceeds go towards the Class of 2009 senior mission
trip.  Pizza forms will be emailed home with the Warrior Weekly.  Pizza
forms are also available at the Communication Station outside the school
office.  In order to conserve resources, pizza forms will no longer be
attached to the Warrior Weekly.  Please fill out your pizza order form and
put it in the PIZZA box outside the office BEFORE Wednesday at 3:00pm.  

MEIJER COMMUNITY REWARDS:  The month of October is Double Rewards Month.
During this period, when you shop at Meijer and scan your Meijer 1 Card or
your linked Meijer Credit Card, you'll receive double rewards for your
organization! If you use your linked Meijer Credit Card, you'll receive a
total of 2%. If you use cash or a PIN-based debit card along with swiping
your Meijer 1 Card, you'll receive a total of 1%.  Remember, any rewards you
earn will reduce your NCCS tuition next year!  For more information on MCR,
please contact the Program Coordinator, Jenn Crippen (719-6696).  

ATTENTION TAP USERS:  Presto Pay will release your order for payment at the
time you place your order, not at 3:00pm on Wednesday as previously
mentioned.  All TAP users must fill out an enrollment form for 2008-2009.
Forms were sent home with the Warrior Weekly last week and are available at
the Communication Station.  Please contact Carmen Fitch, Program
Coordinator, with any questions at [email-masked] or 974-5002.
Remember to place your order no later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.  Pick-up is
Thursday morning in the Secondary wing from 7:45-8:30am.

2008 GRADUATION PHOTOS:  Anyone interested in viewing photos from the NCCS
Class of 2008 graduation can find them at:  http://nccssn.blogspot.com/.
Thank you, Marvin Hall, for capturing so many NCCS special events.

GUITAR LESSONS:  Want to learn to play the guitar? Mr. Ben Friedkin, the new
choir teacher, will be teaching guitar lessons after school!  Check out this
link to learn more:
<http://www.benjaminfriedkin.com/School_of_Guitar/Lesson_AD.html>
http://www.benjaminfriedkin.com/School_of_Guitar/Lesson_AD.html

ELEMENTARY BOOK FAIR AT BARNES AND NOBLE:  We are planning a book fair with
Barnes and Noble in the Lansing Mall for Friday, October 24th from 12:00 -
9:00p.m. Proceeds from the book fair will be used to purchase books for our
classroom libraries and curriculum. Here's how it works:

*	We distribute vouchers to family, friends, neighbors, etc. 
*	Everyone shops at Barnes and Noble on Friday, Oct.24th and gives
their voucher to the cashier when checking out. 
*	A percentage of each purchase made with a voucher goes to our
program!

It is a very simple, convenient way for us to get books! Another great thing
about the book fair with Barnes and Noble is that there is a huge variety of
things you can purchase (not just books) and something for every age and
interest! You can even support our program by purchasing coffee at the cafe!
Every family can show their support by:

1.	Spreading the word! Put up posters and distribute fliers/vouchers at
your local library, your church, local businesses, family members, friends,
etc. Barnes and Noble only asks that we don't distribute vouchers, etc. at
the mall. 
2.	Come to the book fair with your voucher and buy books, CDs, DVDs,
journals, etc. 
3.	Purchase a book or two from one of the "Teacher Wish Lists" - not
only do the teachers get more books they desire for their classrooms, but a
percentage of the purchases goes to the NCCS Elementary Program!

Fliers and vouchers for the book fair will be coming home soon. If you have
any questions, please contact Jenny Jarrard at 323-8903 or
[email-masked].