Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:23:28 -0500

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

November 11, 2008

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people
belonging to God, that you may 

declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful
light."  1 Peter 2:9

 

Attachments:

1.  Open House Information

 

Coming up at NCCS

 

Nov. 12           Picture Re-takes

Nov. 17           Open House/School Recruitment Night

 

SCHOOL RECRUITMENT NIGHT:  We'll be having an Open House on Monday, November
17th from 6:30-8:30pm.  The purpose of this evening is to promote
recruitment for our school.  All teachers will be in their classrooms ready
to meet with prospective and current families to talk about the school, what
they teach, curriculum in general, etc.  For current families, this is an
excellent opportunity to see what is in store for students as they continue
their NCCS education.  There are exciting incentives for current students
whose parents attend the event.  Additionally, all new families who attend
this event and subsequently enroll at NCCS will be given a $500 tuition
discount.  If a family you invite to the Open House attends and enrolls in
NCCS, you will receive a $350 tuition discount.  This is a great opportunity
to showcase what we are all about here at NCCS, so please attend and be
thinking about who you can invite to join you!  

Pastor Ryckman is looking for parents who can bake refreshments and/or serve
as hosts for the evening.  Please contact the school office if you can
assist.

REPORT CARDS:  Any report cards not picked up during conferences last week
will be mailed home today.  The results of the Stanford Achievement Test
that was taken in the spring are now available and will also be included
with the report cards. 

PARKING LOT PRAYER GROUP:  This group has prayed in the parking lot every
school day since September 11th.  As we begin the second quarter, we are
thankful that our children know the true leader of our nation, the one true
God, because of values reinforced by New Covenant Christian School.  We will
continue to pray daily for NCCS and our children.  We invite anyone to come
for as long or as short a time as you are able.  Just pull up and pray!!!  

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:  We are looking for several parent volunteers to serve as
judges for the upcoming elementary ACSI Spelling Bee and Speech Meet.  In
order for our students to participate, we are required to provide judges for
both events.  The Spelling Bee will be held on Friday, January 30, 2009, and
the Speech Meet will be held on Friday, March 13, 2009.  Please contact Mrs.
Jenny Jarrard ([email-masked] or 323-8903) if you are able to
assist.  

CALENDAR CHANGE ITEM:  This year we will have a combined elementary and
secondary Christmas Program on Friday, December 12th.  This is not a change
for the elementary, but the secondary program originally scheduled for
December 5th will be one week later on December 12th.  

PICTURE RE-TAKES:  Lifetouch will be at the school at 9:00am on Wednesday,
November 12th for picture re-takes.  Order forms are available at the
Communication Station.  Return your order form with payment directly to the
photographer.  

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.  Pick-up is Thursday morning in the Commons
wing from 8:00am - 8:30am.  Presto Pay will release your order for payment
at the time you place your order.  All TAP users must fill out an enrollment
form for 2008-2009 (available at the Communication Station).  Please contact
Carmen Fitch, Program Coordinator, with any questions at
[email-masked] or 974-5002.  This program is a great way to reduce
your NCCS tuition.check it out!  

GUITAR LESSONS:  Want to learn to play the guitar? Mr. Ben Friedkin, our new
choir teacher, will be teaching guitar lessons after school!  Check out this
link to learn more:
http://www.benjaminfriedkin.com/School_of_Guitar/Lesson_AD.html

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am on Friday.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the
school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR SUB SALE:  The senior class will be selling yummy sub sandwiches from
Blimpie on Tuesday, November 18th.  Order forms are available via the email
version of the Warrior Weekly and at the Communication Station.  Order forms
with payment are due in the Senior Sub Box by 3:00pm on Monday, November
17th.  All money earned will go towards their mission trip at the end of the
year. 

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen's 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  Spaghetti noodles covered in sauce and meatballs...now
that's lunch! Just add garlic toast and serve. Order forms are only
available via email with the Warrior Weekly or at the Communication Station.
Orders and money need to be placed in the Hot Lunch Box outside the school
office by 3:00pm on Wednesday. All proceeds will help the 4/5/6th graders go
on their fun, but very educational trip to Chicago at the end of the year.
Any questions or suggestions for hot lunch? Contact Mary Hedin at 394-5729.
Thanks for your continued support.

SPORTS NEWS

BASKETBALL PARENTS' MEETING:  There will be a required meeting for all
parents who will have a student playing either Boys' or Girls' J. High, JV,
or Varsity basketball.  It will be held at the Doty Center at Great Lakes
Christian College on Nov. 17th. This meeting will start at 6:00pm and should
only take a half hour. We want to be able to share rule changes, as well as
team expectations with parents. If you have any questions please feel free
to contact Coach Fitch (517-974-5765).

BOYS' BASKETBALL:  Basketball conditioning began on Nov. 3rd and is held
from 6:00-8:00pm at the Doty Center of Great Lakes Christian College.
Alumnus Mike VanHal will be taking the athletes through conditioning. This
conditioning season is mandatory for all JV and Varsity level players.
Try-outs for basketball will be this week. We look forward to a great
season. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Fitch
(517-974-5765).