Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:23:14 -0500

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

February 25, 2008

"Commit your work to the Lord, then it will succeed."  Proverbs 16:3

 

 

Attachments:

1.	NCCS Talent Show Information
2.	Yearbook Order and Sponsor Forms
3.	Thursday Hot Lunch
4.	Friday Pizza / Monday Subs

Coming up at NCCS

 

March 10              Parent-Teacher Coalition - 7:00pm

March 10              MME Testing Week - Juniors only

March 13              Talent Show - Mandatory Rehearsal

March 14              Talent Show - 7:00pm

March 17              Sports Honors Night - new date

March 20              End of 3rd Quarter

 

NCCS Sports Schedule

Maps to away games are available at the school office.  They will be posted
by Friday for the following week's games.  Families are responsible for
obtaining their own maps.  Directions will not be faxed, emailed, or given
over the telephone.  

Boys' Varsity Basketball - Districts 

Feb. 25                   7:00pm vs. Jackson Christian at Jackson 

Boys' Varsity Basketball - ACSI Tournament at Aim High

Feb. 29                   6:00pm vs. Skeels Christian

Saturday game times will be determined based upon outcome of this game.

 

DELTA COMMUNITY EXPO:  This Saturday we have an exciting opportunity to
present New Covenant Christian School and The Lambfold Preschool at the
Delta Community Expo! The event will be held at Waverly High School from
10:00am - 3:00pm.  Many area businesses gather at this event, and it has
been well-attended by area residents in the past.  This is a great way to
reach the community with the wonderful news about our school.  Please help
us lift this event in prayer.  We are looking for members of the NCCS family
to help represent our school at the Expo.  If you would like to volunteer
for an hour or two please contact the school office.  

NCCS TALENT SHOW:  Join us for the 21st annual event showcasing the great
collection of artists and performers within the NCCS family.  There will
also be a silent auction and bake sale held with proceeds going towards the
senior class mission trip.  This is one of the last opportunities for
seniors to raise funds for their trip, and your help is greatly appreciated.
Please contact Robbie Gill (627-1445) or the school office if you are able
to provide items for the bake sale.  Please contact Lisa Prince (627-0987)
if you are able to donate an item or service for the auction.  See the
attachment for more information.  Act Sheets are available in the school
office if you would like to perform at the talent show.  

THE WARRIORS CLASSIC:  We are entering the initial planning and launching
stage for this annual event.  Please pray for our efforts and that God will
direct our planning to reflect His glorious plan for this time.  We'll
provide more information about this event in a future Warrior Weekly.

NCCS SPEECH MEET:  Please join us during chapel this Wednesday as we honor
the NCCS Speech Meet winners.  

YEARBOOK:  It's yearbook order time!  Please see the attachment for
information on how you can order a yearbook or sponsor a yearbook page.
Additional forms are available in the school office.

1ST/2ND GRADE CASTLE:  Mrs. Mowen's 1st/2nd grade class is collecting Capri
Sun and other drink bag boxes to use for building their castle in the
spring.  Please drop boxes off at Mrs. Mowen's classroom in the far end of
the east wing.  Thank you!

NEED TUTORING?  Roger Wilson, our current choir teacher and former science
teacher, has a BS in physics and a seminary degree.  He is able to tutor
students in almost any NCCS subject, except Spanish.  He is experienced in
assisting students in Understanding the Times, Rhetoric, and Thesis
preparation.  Patient & Effective - References Available - Rates Negotiable.
E-mail Roger at
<http://webmaila.juno.com/webmail/new/8?folder=Inbox&msgNum=0000KEG0:0017cb1
c000027OI&block=1&msgNature=all&msgStatus=all&count=1201837454&content=centr
al> [email-masked] or leave message at 485-4219.

COOKIE DOUGH STILL AVAILABLE:  There are many flavors of the cookie dough
available at the discounted price of $5/ tub.  Please contact Nancy Bareham
(202-4719) to make a purchase.

BREAKOUT:  Cross Culture Youth Ministry is putting on a special presentation
that includes video, drama, hip hop dance, guest band Re:Generation, and
more to bring across a message that will challenge us all to grow in Christ!
It is this Wednesday from 7-9 pm at New Covenant.  Students in grades 6-12
are strongly encouraged to come experience God and connect more deeply with
each other!

ACQUIRE THE FIRE:  ATF is coming up fast!  Tens of thousands of youth will
be gathering at the Joe Louis Arena on March 7-8 to experience God together
and learn how they can use their voice and their talents to lead their
generation and take back our culture for Christ.  We have reserved floor
seats!  To sign up, contact Pastor Jeremy today at 323-8180 x101 or
[email-masked].

YOUNKERS COMMUNITY DAY FUNDRAISER:  The sophomore class is currently selling
coupon books for use during Younkers Community Day this Saturday.  The
coupon books are $5 and contain a $10 coupon, as well as additional savings.
You can purchase your coupon book from any sophomore or stop in the school
office.  All funds earned will benefit the sophomore class trip to
Washington D.C. in April.   

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  This week the 5th/6th grade class will be offering
chicken fingers with twice-baked mashed potatoes.  Turn the attached order
form into the wooden "Hot Lunch" box across from the office by 3:00pm this
Wednesday.  All funds earned will benefit their year-end trip to Washington
D.C.  Thank you for your support!

INK CARTRIDGES:  A school family owns a business refilling and selling ink
and toner cartridges, and they are generously donating 100% of their profit
back to NCCS every time a school family utilizes their services for
refilling ink and toner cartridges.  Take advantage of this great
opportunity to save money and help the school by contacting the Ink
Cartridge Explorium at (517) 490-0064.  Please identify yourself as part of
the NCCS family.

SPORTS NEWS

NCCS SPORTS PHOTOS AVAILABLE:  Photos taken at the various sporting events
this year (including Basketball Senior Night) will be available for viewing
at http://nccssn.blogspot.com.  They are also available for viewing and
purchase through photographer Marvin Hall's website at
<http://www.marvinhallphotography.com/events/>
http://www.marvinhallphotography.com/events.

MHSAA DISTRICT BASKETBALL:  The Boys' Varsity team will compete against
Jackson Christian School at 7:00pm on Monday, February 25th.  There is a $5
entrance fee for this event.  The game will be played at Jackson Christian
School (4200 Lowe Road, Jackson, MI  49203).  

ACSI BOYS' VARSITY BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT:  This will be held on February
29th and March 1st at Aim High.  The entrance fees for the games are:
$14/Family, $5/Adults, and $4/Students.

SPORTS HONORS NIGHT:  Please note that the date for this event has been
changed to March 17th from March 20th.  All basketball teams (Co-Ed Youth
through Varsity) will be honored at this event which will be held at NCCS.
More information will be available later.