Subject: Some Encouraging News
From: "Brian Hazeltine" <[email-masked]>
To: "Brian Hazeltine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 12:42:41 -0400

Dear Parents & Staff,

Difficult times seem to bring out either the best or worst in people. Pastor
Ron Burns said the other day, "the school hasn't really gone through a
relational stress test until now." I thought that was an interesting
perspective. A stress test doesn't weaken the object of the test; rather it
reveals any weaknesses that may be there. At the same time, finding a
weakness isn't a problem; it's actually the first step in the solution.
Failing to examine ourselves and respond to what the stress test reveals
would be the real problem! :)

Are we facing some challenges? Absolutely. Are we able with God's help to
meet and overcome them? Absolutely. As Mark Twain said, "Reports of my death
are greatly exaggerated."  Some have even said that they feel the school is
growing stronger by the day; many people have mentioned to me about how
excited they are for the future of the school. And on that note, I want to
share with you some recent developments this week that are examples of how
people are feeling renewed vision for the school:

Steve Fitch has accepted the position of Marketing Director for New Covenant
Christian School. I didn't realize it at the time I asked him to do this,
that he actually works in advertising sales for Gannet Company, Inc.
publishers of USA Today and many other newspaers. Steve is a "can do" kind
of guy who can get things done. You will see the results of his work
immediately, the next time you drive by the school. Steve has an excellent
group of people to work with him: Matt Hall (newly designated webmaster),
Lisa Anders, Michelle Pomales, and C.J. Nailor. I have given this group a
substantial budget to work with and they are going to use it to get the word
out about NCCS!

Cindy Holmes has agreed to accept the role of Fundraising Coordinator. Cindy
is a legal secretary with an eye for detail and organization. She has done
substantial fundraising for PTA organizations in North Dakota and Texas as
well as for NCCS in the past. We have discussed some of our goals for
fundraising, and they include the following: Reduce the number, make them
effective, make them efficient, and find ways to communicate the heart and
vision of NCCS while we do them. I don't know if we will meet all those
goals in our first year, but I know Cindy is the person to get us started
down this path. Cindy is stepping down from her Trustee position to devote
her energies to this area. We do not have a full committee in place at this
point, but possible Trustee representation will come from Mike Zumbagh or
Jody Nailor. If you would like to be a part of this group, please contact
Cindy and let her know. 

So, as you can see, there is a renewed energy afoot at NCCS. The Trustee
Board and I are excited about what God is doing at NCCS. Please feel free to
talk to any one of them for further insight into God's direction for our
school. 

I am attaching an excellent article that was shared as a devotional thought
at our last Board Meeting. I hope you find it encouraging. 

May God bless you and keep you close to Him this summer,

__________________________
Brian Hazeltine, Superintendent
New Covenant Christian School
Phone: 616-433-8442; Cell: 616-516-8638
 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]