Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 09:20:07 -0500

Dear families:

As you know, Parent-Teachers Conferences were cancelled on Friday afternoon
due to the school closure.  Please contact teachers directly (via phone,
email, or note) if you would like to reschedule your conference time. 

Mrs. Sochay

 

Our new email address is   <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked].  Please use this address for future
correspondence.

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

February 4, 2008

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people He has chosen as
His own inheritance."  Psalm 33:12

 

 

Attachments:

1.  Valentine's Extravaganza 

2.  Valentine's Day Flower & Candy Order Form 

3.  Thursday Hot Lunch 

4.  Friday Pizza

5.  Monday Subs

 

 

Coming up at NCCS

Feb. 8              Daddy-Daughter Dance - 7:00pm

Feb. 9              Valentine's Extravaganza - 6:00pm

Feb. 11            Elementary Speech Meet - 1:00pm

Parent-Teacher Coalition - 7:00pm

Feb. 15            Winter Break - NO SCHOOL

Feb. 18            Teacher Training - NO SCHOOL

 

 

 

NCCS Sports Schedule

Maps to away games are available at the school office.  They will be posted
by Friday for the following week's games.  Families are responsible for
obtaining their own maps.  Directions will not be faxed, emailed, or given
over the telephone.  

Co-Ed Pee-Wee Basketball - all games played at Our Savior Lutheran

Feb. 9              10:00am vs. OSL Kachinske

Boys' Jr. Varsity/High Basketball - home games played at Aim High

Feb. 5              4:30pm at home vs. Calhoun Christian

Girls' Varsity Basketball - home games played at Aim High

Feb. 5              6:00pm at home vs. Calhoun Christian

Feb. 8              6:00pm at home vs. Will Carleton

Boys' Varsity Basketball - home games played at Aim High

Feb. 5              7:30pm at home vs. Calhoun Christian

Feb. 8              7:30pm at home vs. Will Carleton

 

ELEMENTARY SPEECH MEET:  Parents, family, and friends are invited to watch
the 1st - 6th grade Speech Meet at 1:00pm in the Sanctuary on February 11th.

VALENTINE'S EXTRAVAGANZA:  Join the senior class this Saturday, February
9th, as they host an evening of dinner, entertainment, and special prize
drawings at this year's Valentine's Extravaganza.  The event will be held
from 6:00-9:00pm in the Mount Hope Church gym.  Proceeds from this event
will support the senior class mission trip.  Please see the attachment for
more information.  Tickets are available from any senior or in the school
office.

DADDY-DAUGHTER DANCE:  This is a wonderful evening for preschool-6th grade
girls and their fathers.  It will be held at the school this Friday,
February 8th, from 7:00-8:30pm.  The price is $12 for dad and one daughter,
and each additional daughter is $6.00.  We need some moms to help with
set-up and refreshments; please contact Betsy Gillengerten (712-8477) if you
are able to help.  

VALENTINE'S FLOWER & CANDY SALE:  Let the senior class help you show someone
how much you care.  Use the attached order form to order flowers or candy
for a friend or special teacher.  Parents, place an order for your son or
daughter.  Orders will be delivered on Valentine's Day and must be turned in
to the wooden Senior Box across from the office by 3:00pm on Tuesday,
February 12th.  

1ST/2ND GRADE CASTLE:  Mrs. Mowen's 1st/2nd grade class is collecting Capri
Sun and other drink bag boxes to use for building their castle in the
spring.  Please drop boxes off at Mrs. Mowen's classroom in the far end of
the east wing.  Thank you!

ACQUIRE THE FIRE INFORMATION:  Acquire the Fire returns to Detroit at the
Joe Louis Arena March 7-8, 2008! We are taking a large group from NCCC and
want to invite YOU to come. Chaperones are needed.  For more information,
including a registration form, visit CrossCultureYM.com or talk to Pastor
Jeremy.

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be
given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Friday in order to be considered for
the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the school
office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be approved and may be
edited.  

FUNDRAISING

HUNGRY AND COLD IN THE MORNING?  Parents, teachers, and students are invited
to stop by the kitchen to warm up with a cappuccino or hot cocoa and a yummy
muffin before school!  Items will be available on Thursday mornings from
8:00-8:20am.  Prices range from $1.00-$2.00.  Profits benefit the senior
class mission trip.  

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  Baked Pasta with meat and garlic toast will be on the
menu this Thursday.  Yum!  Thank you for your faithfulness with your orders.
All money raised will help fund the 5th/6th grade class trip to Washington
D.C. at the end of the year.  Please make sure your order is placed in the
"Hot Lunch" box, not the "Friday Pizza" box.    

NEW COVENANT FAMILY COOKBOOK:  New Covenant Christian School is teaming up
with New Covenant Christian Church to create a cookbook called "New Covenant
Family Cookbook."  Pick up a flyer from the church or school office for more
information on how you can submit your favorite recipe for the publication.
Contact Lisa Prince ( <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] or 627-0987)
with any questions.

CAMPBELL'S SOUP LABELS & BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION:  There are separate
collection boxes across from the office for Campbell's Soup Labels and Box
Tops for Education labels.  Please bring your labels in and help us fill our
boxes!  

INK CARTRIDGES:  A school family owns a business refilling and selling ink
and toner cartridges, and they are generously donating 100% of their profit
back to NCCS every time a school family utilizes their services for
refilling ink and toner cartridges.  Take advantage of this great
opportunity to save money and help the school by contacting the Ink
Cartridge Explorium at (517) 490-0064.  Please identify yourself as part of
the NCCS family.