Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 10:36:30 -0400

With students out of the building for the Serve-a-thon, the hard copy of the
Warrior Weekly will be sent home on Tuesday with the 1st - 12th grade
students.

TV6 has just done an interview with Pastor Ryckman, which will be airing
during the noon news today (and possibly 6pm).

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

May 12, 2008

"But you, O Lord, sit enthroned forever; your renown endures through all
generations."  Psalm 102:12

 

 

Attachments:

1.	Principal's Page
2.	Senior Class Newsletter (NOTE:  this is a Microsoft Publisher
document)
3.	Community Basketball Camp 
4.	

	

	 

	Friday Pizza

Coming up at NCCS

TODAY   Serve-a-thon

May 16      5th/6th leave for Washington D.C.

May 17      Warriors Classic Golf Event

                  Seniors leave for their mission trip to CO

May 22      5th/6th graders return to school

May 26      Memorial Day - SCHOOL CLOSED

May 28      Seniors return to school

NCCS Sports Schedule

Maps to away games are available at the school office.  They will be posted
Friday for the following week's games.  Families are responsible for
obtaining their own maps.  Directions will not be faxed, emailed, or given
over the telephone.

Girls' Varsity Soccer - home games played at NCCS

May 13            5:00pm at home vs. Calhoun Christian

May 15            5:00pm at home vs. CHAP

WARRIORS CLASSIC PRAYER POINTS

We've received $15,387+ in donations so far.  Praise God!  Warriors Classic
prayer points:

*	Thanksgiving for allowing our school to be the Light of Christ to
the greater Lansing area through the Serve-a-thon; 
*	Thanksgiving for all the businesses who have supported us by
contributing gifts (ie, Playmakers, McAllisters Deli, Funtyme Miniature
Golf, Zap Zone, Car Quest, Auto Zone, just to name a few); 
*	Pray for favorable weather for the Saturday, May 17, golf outing; 
*	Good harvest from the seeds that were sown in sending out the
brochures (if you haven't done yours yet, it's NOT TOO LATE!); 
*	Continue to cover the Planning Team (& their families) in prayer.

INFORMATION FOR 2008-2009:  
Registration - The registration fee is currently $100 per student.  There
still are a few families who paid their registration fee early on March 10th
but have not returned any registration paperwork.  If this is you, please
make sure to quickly turn in your paperwork so we can register you for next
year!  Your $25 discount for paying the registration fee early will be
applied to the current registration fee.  Additionally, if you know your
student(s) will not be returning for 2008-2009, please let the office know
by phone or email.  This will help us plan for the upcoming school year.
Payment - Remember, there is no longer a hold-and-deposit payment option.
All tuition must be paid in full prior to the start of school or paid in
monthly installments through F.A.C.T.S. There is a 5% discount given on
tuition only (not the building fee) to families whose payment is received in
the school office by August 15th.  The 5% discount is not available after
August 15th, though families may still pay their tuition in full before
school starts.    Forms for the F.A.C.T.S. payment program are available in
the school office.  Completed F.A.C.T.S. forms should be returned to school
as soon as possible but must be received in the school office prior to the
first day of school.  
 
MORE SCIENCE FAIR RESULTS:  The 4th grade Science Fair results weren't
available last week.  The winners are:  Henry Gillengerten (1st Place),
Reese Brockhaus (2nd place), and Garrett Hedin (3rd Place).  Great job
students!

THANK YOU!  Parents from Mrs. Mowen's classroom recently treated NCCS/NCCC
staff to a lunch from Fazoli's.  Thank you for the great meal and desert!
Special thanks to Mrs. Maat for organizing the lunch and Mrs. Kehler for
assisting.

TAP:  The end of the school year is quickly approaching, and we need to
inform school families of some important dates for TAP.  The final order
date for the year will be Wednesday, May 28th.  The final pick-up date for
the year will be Wednesday, June 4th.  During the summer, families will be
given a printout stating the amount of TAP credit they have received.    

JR/SR BANQUET PHOTOS:  Photos from the Jr/Sr. Banquet are available at:
<http://nccssn.blogspot.com/> http://nccssn.blogspot.com/.  Thank you,
Marvin Hall, for coming to take such great pictures!

THE NEW COVENANT FAMILY COOKBOOKS ARE IN:  The New Covenant Family Cookbook
is available for purchase.  They make a great gift for Mother's Day,
birthdays, showers, etc.  The cookbooks are $15.00 each or

3+ for $12.00 each.  They are available for purchase on Wednesday morning
and after school in the church lobby.  Contact Renee Moede (374-6895 or
775-6390) to arrange another pick-up time.  

NCCS JUNIOR DRUMLINE:  The Junior Drumline (elementary students) will
practice at the school on Wednesdays at 3:30pm.  Contact Mr. Warner if you
have any questions (646-7071).

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions of school-related items for the
Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Friday in order
to be considered for the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned
in to the school office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be
approved and may be edited.