Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "New Covenant Christian School" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Akinleye, Raimi & Olutoyin'" <[email-masked]>, "'Alago, Tina & Angelo'" <[email-masked]>, "'Allen, Gail'" <[email-masked]>, "'Anders, Lisa & Cliff'" <[email-masked]>, "'Bareham, Philip & Nancy'" <[email-masked]>, "'Bender, James'" <[email-masked]>, "'Bender, Sherry'" <[email-masked]>, "'Berry, Dave'" <[email-masked]>, "'Berry, Toni'" <[email-masked]>, "'Bertrau, Jody'" <[email-masked]>, "'Bishop, Celeste'" <[email-masked]>, "'Bishop, Mike'" <[email-masked]>, "'Booher, Marc & Charlotte'" <[email-masked]>, "'Bristol, Ann Marie & Bill'"
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:57:49 -0400

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email:
[email-masked]     Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

October 16, 2006

“ 

 

By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;  

through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.”
Proverbs 24:3,4

 

Attachments:

1.	Halloween Perspective
2.	Thursday Hot Lunch Form – not able to send as email attachment

3.	Friday Pizza
4.	Senior Spaghetti Dinner – not able to send as email attachment

Coming up at NCCS

Oct. 18    PSAT Testing

Oct. 23    Senior Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser

Oct. 26    Staff Training – SCHOOL CLOSED

Oct. 27    Staff Training – SCHOOL CLOSED 

Nov. 3    End of 1st Quarter

Nov. 9    Parent/Teacher Conferences – ½ Day

Nov. 10  P/T Conference – SCHOOL CLOSED

 

NCCS Sports Schedule

Boys' Varsity Soccer – Districts held at GLCC (Concessions are available)

10-18          4:30pm

10-20  4:00pm (if the team wins on 10-18)

Girls' Varsity Basketball - Home games played at Aim High

10-17       6:00pm at Capitol City Baptist, Holt

10-20       6:30pm at Rudolf Steiner Academy, Ann Arbor

10-24       6:00pm vs. International Academy of Flint at home

 

Thank you for your faithfulness in praying for the school and the students.
Keep praying…things are happening!  Prayer requests for this week are as
follows:

1.	For a Holy hedge of protection around our school in these dark days.
2.	That students would develop a “learning Spirit,” and that the
challenges they face in their studies would be minimal.
3.	A continued increase in prayer.
4.	The Spirit of Unity and Love to be a banner over us.
5.	That the fundraiser(s) would be blessed abundantly (John 10:10).
6.	That the name of Jesus Christ would be lifted up.

COLD WEATHER REMINDER:  Just a reminder for all elementary parents to make
sure your child is dressed appropriately for outside recess.  Please make
sure he/she has a warm coat, hat, and mittens.  It’ll soon be time for boots
and snowpants, too!

PHONE TREE TEST:  We will be holding a test of the phone tree this
Wednesday.  You should expect a call between 6:00 – 6:30am.  If you do not
receive a phone call Wednesday morning, please contact the school via phone
call or email right away so we can correct the problem.

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  The junior class will again be selling chips & cheese
and floats this Thursday to raise funds for their upcoming Student
Statesmanship Institute field trip.  Please use the attached order form.

HELPFUL PIZZA NOTES:  THANK YOU for supporting the senior class through your
pizza order!  Your co-operation by following the instructions below is
helpful to them as they prepare the orders.

1.	Always put your full name and grade on each slip.  Make sure to
write down your 4th hour class so we can find you!
2.	Place correct amount of money in an envelope.  Anything extra will
be considered a donation to the senior class.  Keep in mind, the school
office will not be able to provide change.  You may write a check payable to
NCCS.
3.	If students pre-order pizza, and they are absent on the Friday that
it is served, their order will automatically be available the next Friday.
4.	If you wish to prepay for additional weeks, you must fill out and
date a slip for each week.  Please fill out each slip completely, including
date.
5.	If a family wishes to order an entire pizza, they are available for
$9.00 each.
6.	Slips are picked up promptly each Wednesday at 3:00pm
7.	If you do not preorder, you are not guaranteed pizza.  We usually
sell out every week.  Preordering helps us to plan more efficiently!

Please call Lorraine Puuri if you have any questions (339-1916).

ORGAN CONCERT:  There will be an organ concert at 7:30pm on Friday, October
20th at Plymouth Congregational Church (2001 E. Grand River, Lansing).  Call
349-4120, or see Mrs. Jenkins for more information.  

ORGAN EXPLORATION DAY:  This event is for students and adults who want to
know more about this “King of Instruments.”  You’ll have a hands-on chance
to pull the buttons and play with the sounds yourself.  The event will be
held Sunday, October 22nd from 3:00pm – 5:00pm at Plymouth Congregational
Church (2001 E. Grand River, Lansing).  Call 349-4120, or see Mrs. Jenkins
for more information.  

FUNDRAISING

COOKIE DOUGH:  The Savory Sweets Cookie Dough fundraiser has begun!  One
information packet per family was sent home with your youngest child today.
Each family has a goal of selling at least 12 tubs of cookie dough, popcorn,
or fudge cakes by November 3rd.  The top three selling families will receive
a tub of Chocolately Delight Popcorn!  Thank you for your support of this
fundraiser.  If you have any questions or need more order forms, please
contact the school office or Lisa Prince at 627-0987.

SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER:  The senior class will be holding a spaghetti
dinner fundraiser to help them earn money for their senior mission trip.  It
will take place at the Grand Ledge A&W Restaurant on Monday, October 23rd
from 11:00am – 10:00pm.  Bring the entire family for spaghetti, and support
our senior class!    

OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE

HELP STILL WANTED: We are still looking for someone who is experienced with
laying carpet and people willing to help move furniture out of Mr.
Hravatic’s room and back in.  We would like to do this the last week in
October when the teachers have their in-service.  Please contact Lisa Prince
(627-0987) if you can help.

SPORTS NEWS

DISTRICT SOCCER CONCESSION STAND:  NCCS will be operating a concession stand
as a soccer-program fundraiser at the district soccer matches.  Come
prepared with money for your snacks!

SPORTS PHOTOS:  Photos for both girls’ basketball and boys’ soccer are
available for viewing and purchase at Marvin Hall’s website:
marvinhallphotography.com.  Look for NCCS photos under the Events tab.  

BOYS’ BASKETBALL OPEN GYM:  For those interested in playing boys’
basketball, there will be open gym at Mount Hope Church.  The time period
will be 3:30pm – 5:00pm on the following dates: October 17th, October 24th,
October 30th, and November 2nd.  For more information contact Ron Klepal via
email ([email-masked]) or phone (home:  321-8052, work:  323-3691).