Subject: Making the Right Decision
From: "Brian Hazeltine" <[email-masked]>
To: "Brian Hazeltine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 19:16:58 -0400

Dear Parents,

I have been reflecting on the events of the last few days, and I want to
share some thoughts with you.

First, I think we can all acknowledge that losing core teachers to another
school is distressing; however, it need not be discouraging (causing us to
lose hope). I am reminded of the disciples in the boat with Jesus asleep in
the stern. It was a fearful situation, but the lesson we should take from
that is that God still has everything under His sovereign control. 

Second, I am aware that some families are reconsidering their enrollment
with NCCS because of the departure of some of our teachers. My concern here
is not whether NCCS loses a few students, but that the students who leave do
so because God is leading them. However, it is sometimes hard to hear God's
voice when the airwaves are filled with rumors or half-truths. The
Scriptures are clear: The Truth will set you free, so if a decision is made
on any other basis, the end will be no good. 

My appeal to you, therefore, is simply this: If you are considering not
re-enrolling at NCCS, please meet with me personally to discuss your
concerns. Regardless of what you may have heard about me, Pastor Fred has
asked me to convey to you that he would NEVER entrust the leadership of this
school to someone who did not share his heart. If you believe in the vision
and values of NCCS, I think you will find in me someone committed to the
same things. You will be able to judge for yourself whether I am being led
of the Spirit of God or not.

I so appreciate those who have called to meet with me because I can address
their concerns specifically and face to face, and I know that once that
takes place, they will experience the freedom and rest that truth brings.
Just yesterday, for example, the Crippens and Fitches (they offered their
names as "references" :) met with Pastor McGlone and me to "get the facts
from the horse's mouth". They wanted to know about the future of the school
because they had heard it might close. They left assured and relieved to see
that God had everything under control here and is still leading us forward. 

Finally, I should be clear that I am prepared to discuss anything regarding
the school's finances, plans, curriculum, hiring, vision, values, or
anything else with one exception: former NCCS teachers. It would be both
unprofessional and unChristian. I will neither discuss our disagreements or
any specifics about their reasons for leaving. Is their "more to the story?"
Of course, but would it be helpful or simply add fuel to a fire of division?
I think the latter.

With that one limitation, I am prepared to address every concern, every
rumor, and every fear. I will be up front, transparent, and objective in
working with you to hear what God's will is for your children. I will be in
Lansing tomorrow and would be happy to meet with you through the day. Please
email me to set up a convenient time. Thank you!

May God bless you and your children, and may He lead you in faith and truth.

Still Educating for Eternity,

PS: I've attached Mr. Steve Sochay's "Report on the Senior Trip" for your
encouragement. This is what NCCS is all about and why I'm so committed to
it! :) 
 
__________________________
Brian Hazeltine, Superintendent
New Covenant Christian School
Phone: 616-433-8442; Cell: 616-516-8638
 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]