Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:39:58 -0500

*       Today is a FULL DAY of school (8:30am – 3:00pm).  The secondary
grades will be serving the community after lunch and all secondary students
are expected to participate during those hours.  A correction was emailed to
all families last Wednesday when school staff learned there would be a full
day of school for those not participating in Service Day.  Administration
apologizes for any confusion caused by the wording on the school calendar.  

*       Due to our service day, hard copies of the Warrior Weekly will be
sent home with the 9-12th grade students tomorrow (Tuesday).  

*       The Senior Class Newsletter is a Microsoft Publisher document; keep
this in mind if you have difficulty opening the attachment.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

January 19, 2009

“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be
called children of God!”  1 John 3:1

 

Hard-Copy Attachments:

1.      Parent-Teacher Conference Form

2.      Auction Donor Form

3.      Valentine’s Extravaganza 

4.      Senior Class Newsletter (Microsoft Publisher document)

Coming up at NCCS

TODAY                      MLK Jr. Birthday – Full Day of School

                                    High School Service Day  

1/23                             End of 1st Semester/2nd Quarter

1/26                             Records Day – SCHOOL CLOSED

1/27                             Start of 2nd Semester/3rd Quarter

1/30                             Parent/Teacher Conferences – ½ Day

This Week in Sports   

Maps to away games are available from the coach.   The school office does
not fax, email, or give directions over the telephone.

Co-Ed Youth Basketball – all games at Our Savior Lutheran School

1/24                 9:00am vs. OSL Kachinske

Boys’ JH Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

1/20                 5:00pm vs. Marshall Academy at home

Boys’ Varsity Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

1/20                 7:30pm vs. Marshall Academy at home

Girls’ Varsity Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

1/20                 6:00pm vs. Marshall Academy at home

 

NCCS AUCTION INFORMATION:  Included in this Warrior Weekly is a Donor Form.
Each item that is donated to the auction must be accompanied by this form.
Please submit the forms as quickly as possible so that we can begin adding
items to our online auction catalog.  The success of our auction will be
determined by the number and value of the items donated.  We will begin
sending out emails shortly to announce our auction and build excitement for
the event.  This will be a “web wide” event and our auction will be viewed
throughout the internet, so the quicker we post items the better.  As a
reminder, we still have not received response forms back from ALL families.
Please send these forms to the office ASAP to let us know in which area you
will participate.   Contact Jim Ryckman at 323-8903 if you have any
questions.

Please lift our auction up to Father God and ask for His grace to be flowing
that we would be able to get all the items necessary to have a good,
productive auction – and, most importantly, that it would glorify Him in all
we do.  Thank you to one and all. 

PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES:  Conferences will be held in the afternoon on
January 30th.  These Parent-Teacher Conferences are not as critical as our
first ones in November.  It is not necessary for everyone to have a
conference unless you would like one; however, we want to be sure to see
parents of students who may be struggling or need special attention for
academic or behavioral issues.  Please use the attached form to schedule a
conference, and return it to the office no later than 3:00pm this Friday,
January 23rd.  Conferences will not be scheduled over the phone; however,
you can return the form via email.  You will receive email verification of
your conference time by 3:00pm on Tuesday, January 27th.   

 

STUDENT OF THE MONTH AWARDS:  We invite family and friends to join us this
Wednesday during Chapel as we present awards to those students who were
nominated for the month of December.

VALENTINE’S EXTRAVAGANZA:  Join the senior class as they host this annual
fundraiser for their mission trip. The event will be held Saturday, February
14th at 7:00pm in the Garden Prayer Chapel of Mount Hope Church.  Contact
any senior or the school office to purchase tickets.

SCHOOL PAPER AND SUPPLY DRIVE:  Our paper and supply drive continues!
Please see the updated list attached to the email version of this
newsletter.  Items can be returned to the school office.  Thank you to those
families who have already brought in paper and other supplies!  The school
staff appreciates your support.  

DUAL ENROLLMENT OPPORTUNITIES:  NCCS will be offering dual enrollment
opportunities for home school students at the start of the second semester.
Please help us pass the word about this opportunity to home schooling
families you know, and direct any inquiries for specific information to the
school office.  Thank you for your help…this is a great way to expand our
current enrollment!  

CALENDAR DATE CHANGES:  The date for Homecoming has been changed from
Friday, March 20th to Saturday, March 21st from 5:00-9:00pm.  Additionally,
the date for the Daddy-Daughter Dance has been changed from Friday, February
13th to Saturday, February 7th from 7:00-8:30pm.  

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.  Orders placed this Wednesday will be
available for pick-up next Thursday, January 29th, from 8:00am – 8:30am.
Please contact Carmen Fitch with any questions at [email-masked] or
974-5002.  

CROSS CULTURE YOUTH RETREAT:  From January 23-25, Cross Culture Youth
Ministry (grades 6-12) will be going on a retreat during the semester break
to experience God and seek His face.  God has been moving strongly during
their youth meetings and we expect Him to transform lives at this weekend
away.  The retreat is called Before the Cross: Fire Fall and will be held at
Scott Richey’s cabin near Mecosta, MI.  All NCCS students are invited to
attend.  The $35 registration fee includes food, lodging, and
transportation.  Students should bring their bags to school Friday so the
group can leave at 3:30pm.  Return time will be 2:00pm at NCCS on Sunday.
Registration forms are available by the commons outside exit door and at
www.CrossCultureYM.com.  You can contact Pastor Jeremy with questions at
[email-masked] or 214-5256.

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am on Friday.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in to
the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Preordering for nachos is not necessary; just come with your money and a
hungry appetite.  Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for
another $1.00.  Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  All
money earned will go toward the senior class mission trip at the end of the
year.

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen’s 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH: Warm up with a bowl of hot soup and a grilled cheese
sandwich.  Order forms are available via email with the Warrior Weekly or at
the Communication Station. Orders and money need to be placed in the Hot
Lunch box outside the school office by 3:00pm on Wednesday. Any questions or
suggestions for hot lunch? Contact Mary Hedin at 394-5729. Thanks for your
continued support.

FRIDAY PIZZA DAY:  If you ordered pizza for Friday, January 16th you will
automatically receive it this Friday and do not need to fill out another
order form.  If you didn’t order last week and would like to, please fill
out your pizza order form and put it in the PIZZA box outside the office
BEFORE Wednesday at 3:00pm.