Subject: NCCS
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:21:27 -0400

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dear NCCS Staff and Families:

As many of you know already, there have been some significant staff changes
here at New Covenant Christian School, especially in the last 48 hours.
Specifically, Khati Brazee and Kary Hackbarth have taken positions at Summit
Christian Academy in East Lansing, and Dr. Jake Allen has left citing
"irreconcilable differences with the Superintendent" (Brian Hazeltine).  We
sadly but peaceably release them to the Lord and the next chapter of their
lives in Him, grateful for their investment in the school and our students.

 

The question foremost in everyone's mind is, "Can the school go on,
continuing to move toward excellence, with several valuable staff members
leaving at this time?"  The answer is a resounding, "Absolutely!"  -  not
because people are replaceable, but because the mandate for the school has
not changed.  God already has the right people in the pipeline and headed
our way - new teachers who are competent, passionately in love with Him and
school-aged young people, and spiritually in tune with the heart of NCCS and
its families.  He has always sent us exactly what we needed for our staff
and He will continue to show Himself faithful on our behalf.  We have an
excellent parent and trustee hiring committee in place and ready to
interview candidates.  We also have a balanced and resilient budget in place
for 2009-10, ninety-six (96) students currently officially enrolled,
excellent resumes from prospective teachers, work being done on our website
and marketing plans, and new student inquiries coming fairly regularly.

In the midst of all the turmoil and flying rumors, I received the following
e-mail today:

I have been praying for New Covenant.and I want to share with you some of my
thoughts about your school.  First, I would like to declare that God loves
New Covenant! Eternal fruit is born in the lives of the students there and
the Lord is vitally interested in preserving the school as part of His
kingdom work.  Secondly, Satan hates New Covenant! For obvious reasons he is
seeking to steal, kill, and destroy God's plans and God's people. The amount
of opposition is very telling. Satan is afraid of New Covenant! The father
of lies seems to be using words to do his work, twisting, perverting,
presuming, whispering, persuading, and dividing. 

I sense an urgency to draw a line in the sand and command the enemy to back
off, that the lies and presumption and theft must stop now. I have had a
reoccurring image of pouring oil on the ground at New Covenant as a
prophetic act. The oil spreads to cover the whole church and school, the
staff and families, and the parents and students. Oil is symbolic of unity
(Ps 133) of healing (Lk 10.34, Js 5.14), and anointing of the Holy Spirit
(Ex 30.25). NCCS is desperately in need of all three. This battle will be
won in the heavenlies. Jesus is victorious and we will see His provision for
New Covenant.

May I encourage you to gather your prayer warriors and draw a line in the
sand at your school? Pour out a cup or more of oil on it and declare that
the battle is won and Jesus reigns. The God of peace will soon crush Satan
underneath your feet!    Rom 16.20    Prayerfully supporting you.

The staff and leaders of New Covenant Christian Church and School will be
praying and performing this prophetic act in the coming days.  We invite you
to join us as prayer warriors in "drawing a line in the sand and commanding
the enemy to back off"  by individually and in small groups bringing your
cup of oil, coming by the building, and praying and anointing the property
around New Covenant Christian Church and School.  Enough is enough! The
battle is won and we are going forward!  

For we are not fighting against human beings but against the wicked
spiritual forces in the heavenly world, the rulers, authorities, and cosmic
powers of this dark age.    Eph 6:12-13   TEV

In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we declare the lean years are over and
2009-2010 marks the first of the many good years to come for NCCS!

If you have any questions, please contact Superintendent Brian Hazeltine
directly at 323-8903, 616-516-8638, or  <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]. 

Pressing On in Full Faith and Confidence,

Pastor Fred B. McGlone III

Brian Hazeltine, NCCS Superintendent