Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 12:58:05 -0500

Hello NCCS families.  I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend.

Please note two important attachments (both hard-copy and email) that are
late additions to the Warrior Weekly, Educating for Eternity and a parent
feedback form.  Both attachments were prepared by our new Superintendent,
Brian Hazeltine.  Educating for Eternity serves as a bit of an introduction
and outlines some of the parameters within which he operates.  Please also
take the time to thoughtfully fill out feedback on our NCCS teachers.
Return your form to the school office by March 9th in an envelope marked
"Superintendent" (to ensure confidentiality). 

Have a blessed week!

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

March 2, 2009

 

"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of
our salvation."  Psalm 95:1

 

 

Coming up at NCCS

 

3/4       Elementary Speech Meet

3/9       MME Testing Week - Juniors only

            Parent-Teacher Coalition Meeting - 7:00pm

3/12     Talent Show Rehearsal - 3:00pm       

3/13     Talent Show - 7:00pm

3/21     Homecoming - 5:00pm - 9:00pm

 

This Week in Sports   

Maps to away games are available from the coach.   The school office does
not fax, email, or give directions over the telephone.

Boys' JH Basketball - home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

3/3       5:00pm at home vs. Holt Central Lutheran

Boys' Varsity Basketball - home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

3/3       7:00pm at home vs. Holt Central Lutheran

 

UPCOMING PARENT-TEACHER COALITION MEETING:  The next meeting will be held
Monday, March 9th at 7:00pm in the Sanctuary.  Brian Hazeltine, our new
Superintendent, will be speaking to the parent body about how we will be
restructuring tuition, balancing the budget, eliminating fees, improving
salaries, simplifying fundraising and record keeping, and generally
strengthening the school financially. He will also explain in more detail
how the school will change in governance as we go forward.  Registration
packets will be distributed at the meeting.  One parent from each family is
expected to attend, but you wouldn't want to miss the exciting and important
information that will be shared anyway!

MME TESTING:  Juniors will be taking the Michigan Merit Exam at the
following times:  Tuesday, March 10th (1st - 5th hour), Wednesday, March
11th (1st - 4th hour), and Thursday, March 12th (1st - 4th hour).  It is
especially important that Juniors are present and on time those days.
Please contact Miss Ryckman ([email-masked]) with any questions.

TALENT SHOW AND BAKE SALE:  Join us at 7:00pm on Friday, March 13th for the
22nd Annual Talent Show.  If you would like to perform, please fill out an
Act Sheet (available at the Communication Station) and return it to the
school office as soon as possible.  All acts must be available during the
dress rehearsal after school on March 12th.  Please see the email attachment
for more information.

NEW EMAIL:  Please note the following email address for our new Spanish
teacher, Karla Glennon:  [email-masked].

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.  Orders placed this Wednesday will be
available for pick-up next Thursday, March 12th from 8:00am - 8:30am.
Please contact Carmen Fitch with any questions at [email-masked] or
974-5002.  

YEARBOOK INFORMATION:  It is time to order your NCCS yearbook!  Order forms
are attached to the email version of the Warrior Weekly or are available at
the Communication Station near the school office.

 

ACQUIRE THE FIRE, APRIL 3-5: Cross Culture Youth Ministry (grades 6-12) is
attending the Acquire the Fire/Battle Cry event in Indianapolis this year
and would like to invite anyone interested to register!  This year's theme
is "Here Comes Trouble" and discusses the transformational effect Jesus has
in our lives.  Space is limited and available on first come first serve
basis.  Price deadlines have been slightly extended for our group only.
Registration forms are available by the outside exit door of the Commons and
at www.CrossCultureYM.com.  You can contact Pastor Jeremy with questions at
214-5256 or [email-masked].

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am this FRIDAY.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in
to the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for another $1.00.
Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen's 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY'S HOT LUNCH:  Grilled cheese and soup will be on the menu for
Thursday. Order forms are available via email with the Warrior Weekly or at
the Communication Station. Orders and money need to be placed in the Hot
Lunch Box outside the school office by 3:00pm on Wednesday. All proceeds
will help the 4/5/6 graders go on their fun, but very educational, trip to
Chicago at the end of the year. Contact Mary Hedin (394-5729) if you have
any questions regarding hot lunch. 

FRIDAY PIZZA:  The proceeds go towards the Class of 2009 senior mission
trip.  Pizza forms will be emailed home with the Warrior Weekly.  Pizza
forms are also available at the Communication Station outside the school
office.  Please fill out your pizza order form, and put it in the PIZZA box
outside the office by Wednesday at 3:00pm.