Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:43:19 -0500

We have a family with an after-school transportation issue.  Please contact
Char Dawdy (599-7479) if you are able to assist taking her children to their
grandmother’s house near Lansing Mall after school this week.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

January 27, 2009

“Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us
be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our
God is a consuming fire.”  Hebrews 12:28

 

Hard-Copy Attachments:

1.	February Cleaning Schedule (grades 7-12)
2.	Valentine’s Extravaganza 
3.	Yearbook Information

Coming up at NCCS

 

TODAY                       Start of 2nd Semester/3rd Quarter

1/30                             Parent/Teacher Conferences – ½ Day

2/4                               Elementary Spelling Bee

2/7                               Daddy-Daughter Dance (preK-6th grade)

2/9                               Parent-Teacher Coalition Meeting – 7pm

2/14                             Valentine’s Extravaganza

 

This Week in Sports   

Maps to away games are available from the coach.   The school office does
not fax, email, or give directions over the telephone.

Co-Ed Youth Basketball – all games at Our Savior Lutheran School

1/31                         10am vs. OSL Kachinske and 12pm vs. LAHAA Stoll

Boys’ JH Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

1/27                         5pm at Will Carleton, Hillsdale   CANCELLED

1/29                         5pm         at home vs. Springvale Academy

Boys’ Varsity Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

1/27                         7:30pm at Will Carleton, Hillsdale

1/29                         7pm at home vs. Springvale Academy

Girls’ Varsity Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

1/27                         6pm at Will Carleton, Hillsdale

1/29                         6pm at home vs. Springvale Academy

REMINDERS:  School will be dismissed at noon this Friday, January 30th due
to Parent-Teacher Conferences in the afternoon.  There will be no pizza this
Friday.  If you scheduled a conference, you will receive email confirmation
of your meeting time by 3:00pm today.  

CONFERENCES AND REPORT CARDS:  Report cards will be mailed home and should
be going out on Friday, January 30th.  If you have scheduled a conference,
you will receive the report card from the teacher.  Conference confirmations
will be email by 3:00pm today.

THANK YOU:  Last week the staff was blessed by a wonderful and tasty lunch
hosted by the 10th grade families.  We extend a heartfelt thank-you to each
family, especially Cindy Holmes for organizing the lunch.

 

SCHOOL PAPER AND SUPPLY DRIVE:  Our paper and supply drive continues!
Please see the updated list attached to the email version of this
newsletter.  Items can be turned in to the school office.  Thank you to
those families who have already brought in paper and other supplies…we’ve
been truly blessed!  The school staff appreciates your support.  

DUAL ENROLLMENT OPPORTUNITIES:  NCCS will be offering dual enrollment
opportunities for home school students at the start of the second semester.
Please help us pass the word about this opportunity to home schooling
families you know, and direct any inquiries for specific information to the
school office.  Thank you for your help…this is a great way to expand our
current enrollment!  

VALENTINE’S EXTRAVAGANZA:  Join the senior class as they host this annual
fundraiser for their mission trip. The event will be held Saturday, February
14th at 7:00pm in the Garden Prayer Chapel of Mount Hope Church.  Contact
any senior or the school office to purchase tickets.

CALENDAR DATE CHANGES:  The date for Homecoming has been changed from
Friday, March 20th to Saturday, March 21st from 5:00-9:00pm.  Additionally,
the date for the Daddy-Daughter Dance has been changed from Friday, February
13th to Saturday, February 7th from 7:00-8:30pm.  Personal invitations with
more information about the Daddy-Daughter Dance will be sent home with your
daughter shortly.  

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.  Orders placed this Wednesday will be
available for pick-up next Thursday, February 5th from 8:00am – 8:30am.
Please contact Carmen Fitch with any questions at [email-masked] or
974-5002.  

ACQUIRE THE FIRE, APRIL 3-5: Cross Culture Youth Ministry (grades 6-12) is
attending the Acquire the Fire/Battle Cry event in Indianapolis this year
and would like to invite anyone interested to register!  This year’s theme
is “Here Comes Trouble” and discusses the transformational effect Jesus has
in our lives.  Space is limited and available on first come first serve
basis.  Price deadlines have been slightly extended for our group only.
Registration forms are available by the outside exit door of the Commons and
at www.CrossCultureYM.com.  You can contact Pastor Jeremy with questions at
214-5256 or Pastor [email-masked].

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am on THURSDAY.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in
to the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Preordering for nachos is not necessary; just come with your money and a
hungry appetite.  Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for
another $1.00.  Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  All
money earned will go toward the senior class mission trip at the end of the
year.

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen’s 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH: Enjoy a loaded baked potato for hot lunch this Thursday.
Order forms are available via email with the Warrior Weekly or at the
Communication Station. Orders and money need to be placed in the Hot Lunch
box outside the school office by 3:00pm on Wednesday. Any questions or
suggestions for hot lunch? Contact Mary Hedin at 394-5729. Thanks for your
continued support.

SPORTS NEWS

SPORTS SCHEDULES/DIRECTIONS:  Updated schedules will be provided by team
coaches and updates will be printed in the Warrior Weekly.  The school
secretary no longer distributes maps to away games; however, each coach will
make sure that players have directions to away games.  Please contact the
coach if you have any questions.  

WARRIOR CONCESSIONS:  Come support our NCCS athletes at their basketball
games.  There will be concessions at the Home games (hot dogs, popcorn,
water, candy).  All proceeds will go towards the Athletic Department.  Thank
you for your support.