Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:12:11 -0400

Our internet it back up (it had been down since Friday).  If you have
recently sent an email to me or a teacher, we’ll be responding shortly…there
is quite a back-log to go through.

I forgot to include a reminder within the Warrior Weekly, but Student of the
Month awards will be presented at Chapel this Wednesday.  Everyone is
welcome to attend.  

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

March 16, 2009

“Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to
praise him.”  Psalm 33:1

 

Coming up at NCCS

 

THIS WEEK                Spirit Week

3/21                             Homecoming – 5:00pm – 9:00pm

3/23                             Registration for 2009-10 due

3/27                             Last day of 3rd Quarter – ½ Day

3/30                             Spring Break Begins – SCHOOL CLOSED

4/6                               School Resumes

4/9                               Kindergarten Round-Up 

                                    Open House - 7:00pm

4/10                             Good Friday – SCHOOL CLOSED

 

REGISTRATION REMINDERS:  By now everyone should have received a registration
packet for 2009-10.  As a reminder, your completed registration packet and
$150 registration deposit is due in the school office by 3:00pm on Monday,
March 23rd in order for your $150 to be credited to your 2009-10 tuition.
Remember, Covenant Cash can not be applied to the registration deposit.
Please contact the office if you have any questions.

SPIRIT WEEK/HOMECOMING:  It’s Spirit Week!  Please see the email attachment
for a reminder of each day’s theme.  All current NCCS students, family, and
alumni are invited to attend Homecoming activities this Saturday from 5:00 –
9:00pm at the Doty Center at Great Lakes Community College.

KINDERGARTEN ROUND-UP:  This event will be held on Thursday, April 9th from
1:00 - 2:30pm and 6:30 – 8:00pm in Mrs. Jarrard’s classroom (room 8E).  If
you would like to enroll a child in kindergarten, please plan to attend one
of the two sessions.  Help us spread the news to other families.  Please
call the school office to sign up if you will be attending.  

OPEN HOUSE:  Please join us (and invite others!) as we showcase what we have
to offer families of preschool – 12th grade children.  The Open House will
be held on Thursday, April 9th from 6:30 – 8:00pm.  Remember, for every
genuinely interested family you invite who attends the Open House, you will
be given $100 in Covenant Cash to be used towards next year’s tuition (not
to be applied to registration deposit).  Promotional post cards are
available in the school office.    

PARKING LOT PRAYER GROUP:  Join us as we pray for the staff, students, and
needs of New Covenant Christian School.  We haven't missed a school day
since September 11, 2008.  Park near the playground any day, any time, for
however long you can.  We are united in prayer for our school, our homes,
and our country.  Questions can be directed to Cindy Holmes (323-3139).

SPORTS PHOTOS:  Pictures for the 2008-2009 sporting events are available for
viewing or purchase from Marvin Hall through his website
http://mhphoto.zenfolio.com/.  Look under Sports and NCCS.  ACSI Tournament
photos are available, and District photos will be available soon. 

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  This will be the last opportunity to place an order
and receive it before Spring Break. Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.  Orders placed this Wednesday will be
available for pick-up next Thursday, March 26th from 8:00am – 8:30am.
Please contact Carmen Fitch with any questions at [email-masked] or
974-5002.  

YEARBOOK INFORMATION:  Time is running short to purchase your yearbook for
only $40.  After Spring Break the price increases to $45 per yearbook.
Order forms are attached to the email version of the Warrior Weekly or are
available at the Communication Station near the school office.

BATTLE CRY “HERE COMES TROUBLE”:  Youth 6-12th grade are invited to join us
for this year’s Acquire The Fire event April 3-5.  Throughout the weekend,
you’ll experience a modern portrayal of the life of Jesus and go inside the
minds of those who walked alongside Him. Each drama will be based on the
story of Jesus, and His testimony will make an impact on thousands. There
will also be awesome worship, life-changing messages, time with friends, and
encounters with God! If you want to experience God in a new way, this is an
event you don’t want to miss! Space is LIMITED so register now to save your
place and save money before the price goes up.  To register or if you have
any questions contact Pastor Jeremy at 323-8180 x101 or
[email-masked].

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am this THURSDAY.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in
to the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for another $1.00.
Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen’s 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY'S HOT LUNCH:  Welcome Spring with an order of Fritos smothered in
chili and cheese. Top it off with a rootbeer or orange float! Order forms
are available via email with the Warrior Weekly or at the Communication
Station. Orders and money need to be placed in the Hot Lunch Box outside the
school office by 3:00pm on Wednesday. All proceeds will help the 4/5/6
graders go on their fun, but very educational, trip to Chicago at the end of
the year. Contact Mary Hedin (394-5729) if you have any questions regarding
hot lunch. 

FRIDAY PIZZA:  The proceeds go towards the Class of 2009 senior mission
trip.  Pizza forms will be emailed home with the Warrior Weekly.  Pizza
forms are also available at the Communication Station outside the school
office.  Please fill out your pizza order form, and put it in the PIZZA box
outside the office by Wednesday at 3:00pm.