Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 13:50:26 -0400

I've just been informed by AD Ron Klepal that the Girls' Varsity soccer game
for tomorrow against LAHAA has been cancelled. The LAHAA game on April 24th
has also been cancelled. 

Boys' basketball players and parents, please see the note from Coach Fitch
within this newsletter.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

April 7, 2008

"Be imitators of God.and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and 

gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."
Ephesians 5:1

 

 

Attachments:

1.	"Bring-a-Friend-to-School" Sign-up Form
2.	Food Drive
3.	Warriorwear Order Form
4.	Thursday Hot Lunch Form
5.	Friday Pizza/Monday Sub Form

Coming up at NCCS

 

April 7             SAT Testing Week (Grades 1-10)

April 8            PTC/Warriors Classic Kick-Off - 7pm

April 9             Kindergarten Round-Up - 9:30am-11am

April 10           Open House - 6:30pm

April 11           Kindergarten Round-Up - 9:30am-11am

April 16           "Bring-a-Friend-to-School" Day - 8:30am - 12pm

 

NCCS Sports Schedule

Maps to away games are available at the school office.  They will be posted
by Friday for the following week's games.  Families are responsible for
obtaining their own maps.  Directions will not be faxed, emailed, or given
over the telephone

Girls Varsity Soccer - home games played at NCCS

Apr. 8              5:00pm vs. LAHAA at Capitol City Baptist - CANCELLED

Apr. 11            5:00pm vs. Berry County, Hastings

 

WARRIORS CLASSIC PRAYER POINTS

As we launch this year's Warriors Classic, please help us lift up the event
in prayer.  Father, we ask for: 

*	Guidance for the Warriors Classic Team - may they be about what the
Lord wants to bless!
*	Unity amongst the Warriors Classic Team - may their planning and
decisions be marked by unanimous agreement and divine peace.
*	Excitement within the school body for the Serve-a-thon - may we all
be anointed with a spirit of sacrificial giving by serving.  "They will know
we are Christians by our love!"
*	Grace of generosity - that the Lord would prepare the hearts of
those who are approached & invited to sponsor this event.  May they
experience dynamic joy in giving.  We pray blessing on their businesses.

PARENT-TEACHER COALITION:  The next PTC meeting will be TOMORROW NIGHT
(Tuesday) April 8th at 7:00pm.  This meeting will also serve as the Kick-Off
for the Warriors Classic, and one parent from each family is expected to
attend.  Please plan now for your family to be represented at the meeting.
Even though this will be the fourth year for the Warriors Classic, there
have been important changes made to the event this year that Pastor Ryckman
needs to communicate to each school family.
 
OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION:  The Open House for NCCS and Lambfold Preschool will
be held Thursday, April 10th at 6:30pm.  Please help share the word about
our wonderful school and invite families to this event.  We have already
begun to enroll new students for 2008-2009, and we look forward to adding
more to our school.
 
KINDERGARTEN ROUND-UP:  This will be held on Wednesday, April 9th and
Friday, April 11th from 9:30am-11:00am.  Potential Kindergartners should be
five by September 1, 2008.  Please contact the school office to sign-up.  
 
"BRING-A-FRIEND-TO-SCHOOL" DAY:  Prospective students are invited to attend
morning classes next Wednesday, April 16th.  Sign up a guest by returning
the attached form or contact the school office (guests must be signed-up by
3:00pm on April 15th to attend).  Students who bring a potential student to
school on April 16th will receive a free slice of pizza on Friday, April
25th IF the friend is considering attending NCCS next year and IF they have
been signed up ahead of time at the school office.  Other friends are
welcome to attend, but you'll only receive free pizza if your friend is
considering enrollment for 2008-2009.   
 
WARRIORWEAR ORDER:  The weather is warming up.do you have your NCCS t-shirt?
We'll be doing one FINAL order for NCCS Warriorwear, so now is the time to
make a purchase!   Return the attached order form with payment to the wooden
"Senior Box" across from the office by Friday, April 25th.  The senior class
would like to thank everyone for their support of this fundraiser.     

HOMECOMING PICTURES:  Marvin Hall will be posting pictures from Homecoming
events on the NCCS blog at:   <http://nccssn.blogspot.com/>
http://nccssn.blogspot.com.

YEARBOOK:  The price is currently $35 to purchase one yearbook.  Order forms
are available in the school office.

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH: Who doesn't like a good dish of baked pasta?  I will
have garlic bread, too! The school year is dwindling. If there is a favorite
meal you'd like to have before the year ends, call me (Mrs. Hedin) at
394-5729 or stop me in the hall.  Put completed orders in the box marked
"Hot Lunch" by 3:00pm Wednesday.

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be
given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Friday in order to be considered for
the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the school
office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be approved and may be
edited.  

SPORTS NEWS

ATTENTION BOYS' BASKETBALL PLAYERS:  All Junior High, Junior Varsity, and
Varsity uniforms must be returned by Thursday, April 10th.  If I do not have
yours by that date, I will be sending out a bill for the cost of
replacement.  Please return your uniform to Mark Fitch (not Tyler).  Thank
you, Coach Fitch.