Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:49:42 -0400

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

October 20, 2008

“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray
and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from
heaven and 

will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”  2 Chronicles 7:14

 

Attachments:

1.	Principals’ Page
2.	Conference Form
3.	Fundraising Donation Form (not sent via email)
4.	Barnes & Noble Book Fair

 

Coming up at NCCS

Oct. 31   End of 1st Quarter

Nov. 3    Records Day – SCHOOL CLOSED

Nov. 4    Start of 2nd Quarter

Nov. 6    Parent/Teacher Conferences – ½ Day

Nov. 7    Parent/Teacher Conferences – SCHOOL CLOSED

Nov. 10  Professional Development Day – SCHOOL CLOSED

PLEASE JOIN US:  Our first Student of the Month award presentation will be
this Wednesday, October 22nd, during chapel.  Everyone is welcome to attend
as we honor those students who have been selected to receive this award.  We
will also be honoring the members of the Co-Ed Cross Country and Boys’
Varsity Soccer teams. 

PHONE TREE TEST:  We will be holding a test of the phone tree this Thursday,
October 23rd.  You should expect a call between 6:00 – 6:40am.  We have
fewer volunteers for the phone tree this year, so it may take longer for you
to receive your call.  Thank you to those volunteers who are helping out!
Please contact the school via phone or email right away if you do not
receive a phone call Thursday morning so we can correct the problem;
otherwise, you will not receive a call when there is actually a school
cancellation.

PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES:  The end of the 1st Quarter and Parent/Teacher
Conferences are fast approaching. Conferences will be held Thursday,
November 6th, and Friday, November 7th.  We hope all parents will schedule a
conference time.  Return the attached form to the office (in person or via
email) no later than Friday, October 31st to schedule your conference time.
Please see the note on teacher availability on the form.  Conferences will
not be scheduled over the phone.  Conferences are scheduled on a
first-returned, first-scheduled basis. 

SAVORY SWEETS COOKIE DOUGH:  How is your selling going?  We’ve had some
families who have filled more than one order form already!  Additional order
forms are available at the Communication Station.  Remember, order forms and
payment are due by October 30th, and the cookie dough will be delivered
November 20th.  Yes, people can make a donation to NCCS in lieu of
purchasing cookie dough.  Use the attached Fundraising Donation form for any
donations given, and return it with the money by October 30th.  Please call
Nancy Bareham (202-4719) if you have any questions.  Happy selling!

TUESDAY NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling chips and cheese at
lunch time tomorrow (Tuesday).  Preordering is not necessary.  The cost is
$2.00.  Money earned will go towards their mission trip at the end of the
year.

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen’s 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.

THURSDAY'S HOT LUNCH - MMMMMMMM good... a grilled cheese sandwich with your
choice of tomato or chicken noodle soup will be served on Thursday. Be sure
to order yours today! Order forms are only available via email with the
Warrior Weekly or at the Communication Station. Orders and money need to be
placed in the Hot Lunch Box outside the school office by 3:00pm on
Wednesday. All proceeds will help the 4/5/6th graders go on their year-end
trip to Chicago. Any questions or suggestions for hot lunch? Contact Mary
Hedin at 394-5729. Thanks for your continuing support.

FRIDAY PIZZA DAY SPECIAL:  The 2009 Seniors would like to thank the NCCS
families and staff for supporting the pizza fundraiser.  The last couple of
weeks we have completely sold out of extra pizza and breadsticks.  In order
to make sure everyone who wishes to partake is able, we would like to
suggest that preorders are made by Wednesday each week.  Another option is
that you may fill out multiple weeks of order forms and turn those in, along
with full payment.  We will then automatically carry the orders forward from
week to week.  Also, this week, Mrs. Zumbaugh will make chocolate chip
cookies for the Seniors to sell during lunch for 50¢ per bag (3 per bag).
To preorder, please note it on the dessert line of the order form.  If you
should have any questions and/or comments regarding the pizza fundraiser,
please contact Loretta Zumbaugh at 517-323-9737 or [email-masked].
Thank you for supporting the 2009 Seniors!

ELEMENTARY BOOK FAIR AT BARNES AND NOBLE:  We are planning a book fair with
Barnes and Noble in the Lansing Mall for Friday, October 24th from 12:00 -
9:00p.m. Proceeds from the book fair will be used to purchase books for our
classroom libraries and curriculum. Here's how it works:

*	We distribute vouchers to family, friends, neighbors, etc.  
*	Everyone shops at Barnes and Noble on Friday, Oct.24th and gives
their voucher to the cashier when checking out. 
*	A percentage of each purchase made with a voucher goes to our
program!

It is a very simple, convenient way for us to get books! Another great thing
about the book fair with Barnes and Noble is that there is a huge variety of
things you can purchase (not just books) and something for every age and
interest! You can even support our program by purchasing coffee at the cafe!
Every family can show their support by:

1.	Spreading the word! Put up posters and distribute fliers/vouchers at
your local library, your church, local businesses, family members, friends,
etc. Barnes and Noble only asks that we don't distribute vouchers, etc. at
the mall. 
2.	Come to the book fair with your voucher and buy books, CDs, DVDs,
journals, etc. 
3.	Purchase a book or two from one of the "Teacher Wish Lists" - not
only do the teachers get more books they desire for their classrooms, but a
percentage of the purchases goes to the NCCS Elementary Program!

If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Jarrard at 323-8903 or
[email-masked].

MEIJER COMMUNITY REWARDS:  The month of October is Double Rewards Month!
During this period, when you shop at Meijer and scan your Meijer 1 Card or
your linked Meijer Credit Card, you'll receive double rewards for your
organization! If you use your linked Meijer Credit Card, you'll receive a
total of 2%. If you use cash or a PIN-based debit card along with swiping
your Meijer 1 Card, you'll receive a total of 1%.  Remember, any rewards you
earn will reduce your NCCS tuition next year!  For more information on MCR,
please contact the Program Coordinator, Jenn Crippen (719-6696).  

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.  Pick-up is Thursday morning in the
Secondary wing from 8:00am – 8:30am (note the new time).  Presto Pay will
release your order for payment at the time you place your order.  All TAP
users must fill out an enrollment form for 2008-2009 (available at the
Communication Station).  Please contact Carmen Fitch, Program Coordinator,
with any questions at [email-masked] or 974-5002.  This program is a
great way to reduce your NCCS tuition…check it out!  

GUITAR LESSONS:  Want to learn to play the guitar? Mr. Ben Friedkin, the new
choir teacher, will be teaching guitar lessons after school!  Check out this
link to learn more:
<http://www.benjaminfriedkin.com/School_of_Guitar/Lesson_AD.html>
http://www.benjaminfriedkin.com/School_of_Guitar/Lesson_AD.html