Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:15:03 -0400

There has been a last-minute change in the soccer schedule.  The game
against Howell on Tuesday, Sept. 23rd has been cancelled.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary/Administrative Asst.

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

September 22, 2008

"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of
Christ."  Philippians 1:27a

 

Attachments:

1.  October Cleaning Schedule

2.  Labels for Education Collection Sheets

3.  Fazoli's Basketball Fundraiser

Coming up at NCCS

TODAY          Seniors leave for Retreat

Sept. 24           Grades 9-11 leave for Retreat

Sept. 26           Grades 9-12 return from Retreat

Oct. 2              Middle School Retreat

Oct. 3              Staff Training - SCHOOL CLOSED

Oct. 8              School Picture Day

 

NCCS Sports This Week

Maps to away games will be available from your athlete's coach.

 

Co-Ed Cross Country - *indicates that Junior High will run in their own
separate race at the Junior High distance.

9/23     4:30pm vs. Eastern/Everett at Beekman Center, Lansing

Boys' Varsity Soccer - home games held at Great Lakes Christian College

9/22     5:00pm at Springvale Academy, Owosso

9/23     5:00pm at home vs. Howell  CANCELLED

 

PARKING LOT PRAYER GROUP:  In response to the call to pray daily for NCCS
and realizing that everyone is busy, a new parking lot prayer group will
meet DAILY from 8:15-8:25am.  Just drive up near the playground equipment,
stay in your car, and start praying the scriptures on the red card
(distributed at the Parent Teaching Meeting).  You can be in your pajamas
with morning breath, and it won't matter!  Let us be a visual testimony each
day to the students, staff, and to each other in response to the "Prayer
Strategy 2008-2009".  Contact Cindy Holmes if you have any questions
(517-323-3139).

PARENT-STUDENT HANDBOOK: If you haven't done so already, we ask that you
take the time to review the revised Parent-Student Handbook and familiarize
yourself with the school policies.  You can find it on the NCCS website at
www.nccswarriors.org.  A pdf version of the Handbook is located under the
Warrior Community tab.  Please contact Mrs. Sochay in the office if you do
not have internet access and need a hard copy of the handbook.  

HIGH SCHOOL RETREAT:  Specific information about the Retreat was distributed
in the last Warrior Weekly.  It is also available at the Communication
Station outside the school office.  High School students need to make sure
to arrive on time Wednesday, September 24th.the bus leaves promptly at
8:30am!  If there is an emergency, the students will be at Grace Youth Camps
(Mears, MI), and the emergency phone number is 231-873-3362.

UPCOMING MIDDLE SCHOOL RETREAT:  Final details are still being worked out,
but the Middle School students will have a one-day Retreat (no overnight) on
Thursday, October 2nd.  More information will be available next week.  

NCCS FAMILY DIRECTORY:  Family directories were given to the youngest
student in each family last Thursday, and you should have received yours by
now.  Notice that the second page lists contact information (including email
addresses) for NCCS staff and volunteer coordinators; please keep this for
future reference.    

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen's 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  Join us for our inaugural hot lunch...Baked Pasta.
Sorry high schoolers, you will be on retreat. Everyone else can drop their
order in the HOT LUNCH (not Pizza!) box outside the school office by 3pm on
Wednesday.  An order form will be sent home via email, and additional forms
are available at the Communication Station outside the school office.  All
proceeds will go toward the 4/5/6th grade year-end trip to Chicago. Any
questions or concerns regarding Hot Lunch should be directed to Mary Hedin,
394-5729.

IMPORTANT - FRIDAY PIZZA DAY:  There WILL BE pizza this Friday, September
26th even though the high school is at retreat.  Also, due to a cost
increase, the cost for the Garden Salad (formerly called Cobb Salad) will
now be $4.75.  An order form will be sent home via email, and additional
order forms are available at the Communication Station outside the school
office.  If you should have any questions and/or comments regarding the
pizza fundraiser, please contact Loretta Zumbaugh at 517-323-9737 or
[email-masked].  Thank you for supporting the 2009 Seniors!  Go
Warriors!

LABELS FOR EDUCATION:  Yes, we are always collecting Campbell's Labels for
Education!  Drop your labels off anytime in their wooden collection box
across from the school office.  Attached to this Warrior Weekly are 1-point
and 5-point collection sheets.  Simply cut the Labels for Education UPC, and
attach it to the appropriate sheet before depositing in the collection box.
Additional collection sheets are available at the Communication Station or
online at http://www.labelsforeducation.com/printableResources.aspx.  Kroger
shoppers can use the new Campbell's eLabels Program.the school receives the
same benefit, and you don't have to clip any labels!  For more information
about the eLabel program visit:
http://elabelsforeducation.com/Sites/Campbells_eLabels/Page/HomePage/Retaile
r/Kroger/.  Please contact the Program Coordinator, Joetta Parker, at
[email-masked] or 517-327-6480 if you have any questions. 

BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION:  NCCS also participates in the General Mills Box Top
for Education program.  Box tops can be dropped off anytime in their wooden
collection box across from the school office.  You can find more information
about this program by visiting the website
(http://www.boxtops4education.com/) or contacting the NCCS Program
Coordinator, Lisa Prince, at [email-masked] or 517-627-0987.     

WARRIOR WEEKLY: The Warrior Weekly will be emailed to all school families
who provide an email address, and one will be given to every student.  It is
the student's responsibility to give the newsletter to the parent.  If you
did not receive a newsletter via email but would like to, please provide me
with your email address.  Additional copies of the Warrior Weekly are
available at the Communication Station outside the school office.  Please
check the Warrior Weekly for current information before calling the school
office.

Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am
on Friday in order to be considered.  Submissions may be emailed or turned
in to the school office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be
approved and may be edited.