Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:42:39 -0500

Good morning NCCS families!  I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend.  We
hope to see many of you (and your friends!) at the Open House tonight.  

Since we have a visible reminder on the ground that winter is quickly
approaching, I thought I'd send out a couple additional reminders:

1.	Remember when roads are icy to plan additional driving time so that
students will arrive to school on time
2.	Remember to send elementary students with warm outerwear (coats,
hats, mittens/gloves, snow pants, and boots).  Students will go outside for
recess as long as the temperature (including wind chill) is not below 5
degrees.  When snow accumulates, students must stay on the pavement unless
they are wearing boots.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary/Administrative Asst.

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

November 17, 2008

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in
your presence, 

with eternal pleasures at your right hand."  Psalm 16:11

 

Attachments:

1.  Open House/Recruitment Night

2.  NCCS Spirit Wear

 

Coming up at NCCS

 

TONIGHT                  Recruitment Night/Open House

11/26                           Service Day (Secondary)

                                    Elem. Thanksgiving Celebration -
Elementary only dismissed at NOON

11/27                           School Closed

11/28                           School Closed

SCHOOL RECRUITMENT NIGHT:  We'll be having an Open House TONIGHT from
6:30-8:30pm.  The purpose of this evening is to promote recruitment for our
school.  All teachers will be in their classrooms ready to meet with
prospective and current families to talk about the school, what they teach,
curriculum in general, etc.  For current families, this is an excellent
opportunity to see what is in store for students as they continue their NCCS
education.  There are exciting incentives for current students whose parents
attend the event.  Additionally, all new families who attend this event and
subsequently enroll at NCCS will be given a $500 tuition discount.  If a
family you invite to the Open House attends and enrolls in NCCS, you will
receive a $350 tuition discount.  This is a great opportunity to showcase
what we are all about here at NCCS, so please attend and be thinking about
who you can invite to join you!  

Pastor Ryckman is looking for parents who can bake refreshments and/or serve
as hosts for the evening.  Please contact the school office as soon as
possible if you can assist.

COOKIE DOUGH DELIVERY:  Cookie dough will be delivered this week!  You can
pick-up your order on Thursday, November 20th, from 11:30am-12:00pm and
2:30-

4:00pm at the school.  Nancy Bareham needs two volunteers to help
distribute.  Call Nancy at 202-4719 if you can assist.

FRUIT SALE:  You have received a packet of instructions for our fruit sale.
The fruit is delicious, and the quality and savings are incredible compared
to what is available in the grocery store.  This makes a great gift for
employees, family, and friends.  Remember to turn in your orders before
November 30th.  Please contact Nancy Bareham (202-4719) if you have any
questions.   

TEACHER CONTACT UPDATE:  If you would like to use email to contact Miss
Wilson, please direct it to the general school email address
([email-masked]).  Her personal school email
([email-masked]) is temporarily unavailable, but anything you send
to the school office will be printed and given to her.  

NCCS SPIRITWEAR:  NCCS is teaming with Soccer Locker to make school spirit
wear available year-round!  Check out the selection of t-shirts, ball caps,
hoodies, jackets, tote bags, and more at nccsspiritwear.com (you can find a
link to the site on our school website, under Warrior Community).  Best of
all, 25% of all money spent on the website goes back to Warrior Athletics.
All orders placed before December 5th will be available for Christmas, so
start shopping now!  Please contact Steve Fitch (517-974-5765 or
[email-masked]) if you have any questions.  Thank you, Steve, for
your work setting this program up!

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.   Orders placed this Wednesday will be
available for pick-up next Wednesday (not Thursday), November 26th, from
8:00am - 8:30am.  Presto Pay will release your order for payment at the time
you place your order.  All TAP users must fill out an enrollment form for
2008-2009 (available at the Communication Station).  Please contact Carmen
Fitch, Program Coordinator, with any questions at [email-masked] or
974-5002.  Remember, Christmas is coming soon; plan now to buy through TAP
to reduce future NCCS tuition costs!

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:  We are still looking for several parent volunteers to
serve as judges for the upcoming elementary ACSI Spelling Bee and Speech
Meet.  In order for our students to participate, we are required to provide
judges for both events.  The Spelling Bee will be held on Friday, January
30, 2009, and the Speech Meet will be held on Friday, March 13, 2009.
Please contact Mrs. Jenny Jarrard ([email-masked] or 323-8903) if
you are able to assist.  

CALENDAR CHANGE REMINDER:  This year we will have a combined elementary and
secondary Christmas Program on Friday, December 12th.  This is not a change
for the elementary, but the secondary program originally scheduled for
December 5th will be one week later on December 12th.  

GUITAR LESSONS:  Want to learn to play the guitar? Mr. Ben Friedkin, our new
choir teacher, will be teaching guitar lessons after school!  Check out this
link to learn more:
http://www.benjaminfriedkin.com/School_of_Guitar/Lesson_AD.html

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am on Friday.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the
school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR SUB SALE:  There is still time to order your sub sandwich for
tomorrow (Tuesday) by placing your order form with payment in the Senior Sub
Box by 3:00pm today!  If you'd like to order a yummy Blimpie sub for next
Tuesday, November 25th, please make sure to turn in your order form with
payment by 3:00pm on Monday, November 24th.  Order forms are available via
the email version of the Warrior Weekly and at the Communication Station.
All money earned will go towards the senior class mission trip at the end of
the year. 

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen's 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  Loaded Baked Potatoes are back by popular demand! Order
a plain potato, with butter and sour cream, or add the good stuff like ham,
bacon, broccoli, onions, and cheese. Order forms are only available via
email with the Warrior Weekly or at the Communication Station. Orders and
money need to be placed in the Hot Lunch Box outside the school office by
3:00pm on Wednesday. All proceeds will help the 4/5/6th graders go on their
fun, but very educational trip to Chicago at the end of the year.  Any
questions or suggestions for hot lunch? Contact Mary Hedin at 394-5729.
Thanks for your continued support.

SPORTS NEWS

BASKETBALL PARENTS' MEETING:  There will be a required meeting for all
parents who will have a student playing either Boys' or Girls' J. High, JV,
or Varsity basketball.  It will be held at the Doty Center at Great Lakes
Christian College TONIGHT. This meeting will start at 6:00pm and should only
take a half hour. We want to be able to share rule changes, as well as team
expectations with parents. If you have any questions please feel free to
contact Coach Fitch (517-974-5765).