Subject: NCCS Newsletter
From: "New Covenant Christian School" <[email-masked]>
To: "New Covenant Christian School" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:57:47 -0400

Welcome back!  I was happy to have a chance to visit with so many of you in
the office this morning. 

Here is your Warrior Weekly (formerly titled Monday Newsletter, as returning
families will remember) and attachments.

Have a blessed week,

Mrs. Sochay

NCCS Secretary

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email:
[email-masked]     Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

August, 28, 2006

".the word of the Lord stands forever."  1 Peter 1:25 

 

Attachments:

Text Box: NCCS Sports Schedule
Boys' Varsity Soccer - Home games played at GLCC
Aug. 29 5:00pm at home vs. Morrice High School
Aug. 31 5:00pm at home vs. Washtenaw Christian Academy
Sept. 1 5:00pm at home vs. LAHAA Sept. 5 5:00pm at Flint Valley, Flint,
Girls' Varsity Basketball - Home games played at Aim High
Aug. 29 6:00pm at home vs. CCHA Aug. 31 7:00pm at home vs. Washtenaw
Christian Academy
Sept. 5 5:00pm @ tba
1.  September Cleaning Schedule

Text Box: Coming up at NCCS
Tonight Ice Cream Social - 6:30pm
Sept. 4 Labor Day - NO SCHOOL
Sept. 11 Seniors at High School Retreat
Parent Teacher Coalition
Sept. 13 Grades 9 - 11 report to Retreat
Sept. 15 High School returns from Retreat
Sept. 15/16 Middle School Retreat

 

 

 

 

 

 

WELCOME!!  We are so happy to have our students back and again have our
building filled with the joyful sound of their voices.  

SCHEDULE FOR TONIGHT'S FAMILY TIME:

6:30 - 7:15           Please do all of the following: 

*      Tour classrooms; see curriculum and materials; pick up your family
directory; chat with teachers. Parents please accompany students K-5 to
classrooms, do not leave them unattended.   

*      Sign-up for volunteer activities (in multi-purpose room).

*      Enjoy ice cream served by our wonderful senior class.

 7:15     Mandatory meeting in the sanctuary for all school families to hear
important information and to join our hearts together in prayer. At least
one parent from each family is expected to attend this meeting.

MONDAY NEWSLETTER: This year I am emailing the weekly newsletter to all
families for whom I have an email address.  I am hoping that this will
provide better communication from the school to parents.  If you do not wish
to have a newsletter emailed to you, please let me know.  Also, if you did
not receive a newsletter via email but would like to, please provide me with
your email address.  Mrs. Sochay

STUDENT ABSENCE/TARDY POLICY:  If a student will be absent from school for
any reason, the parents must notify the office either with a phone call or
in person between 8:00am-8:30am!  It is not the teachers' responsibility to
inform the office.  In order for a tardy first thing in the morning to be
excused, it must fall clearly within the following categories:

1.	A doctor's appointment which could not be scheduled out of school
hours.
2.	An unavoidable family emergency. This does not include over-sleeping
or family transportation issues.
3.	Unavoidable difficulty with the roads such as unavoidable
construction, congestion, or delay due to an accident. Families are to plan
appropriate travel time anticipating possible delays.

Parents determine their student's attendance. The school determines whether
or not an absence or tardy is excused. Unexcused absence or tardiness
results in the student not receiving credit for missed work.  If, for any
reason, a student misses class, it is the responsibility of the student and
parents (not the teacher or secretary) to initiate the obtaining of all
information missed.  Please see page 14 of your Parent-Student Handbook for
more information on this policy.

SAFETY HAZZARD:  For the safety of our students and those entering our
building, please respect our parking/drop-off policy.  The drop-off lane is
the lane closest to the chained off area next to the school. This lane is
strictly for dropping off and picking up children, never parking - even if
it is only for a few minutes. If you need to go inside the school, even if
it is just for a minute, you must park your vehicle in the parking lot.
Also, before school if your children are not ready to go inside, instead of
sitting in the drop off lane while they finish getting ready, pull into a
parking space. If they have a cleaning job after school and you must wait
for them, please wait in the parking lot. No vehicles should ever be parked
in any area other than the parking lot. Please refer to the diagram below
for more clarification. ALL DRIVERS MUST ABIDE BY THE POSTED 10 M.P.H. SPEED
LIMIT!  Thank you for your help in making sure our students and parents are
kept safe.

						

	

 

 

                         One Way                    Drop off lane

                                                            (NO Parking)

	

 

 

 

 

 

 

CLEANING SCHEDULE: If you have conflicts with the days you are scheduled to
clean this month, please find another student who can trade with you for
this month. If you have special requests for next month's schedule, please
call our wonderful volunteer, Nancy Hammock, who puts the cleaning schedule
together. Her number is 321-2183.

TAP:  The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) will begin on Wednesday, August
30th.  Stop by the TAP table in the lobby between 2:45pm and 3:45pm to sign
up for this school year or to receive more information on how you can reduce
tuition costs through this valuable program.  You can also contact Carmen
Fitch (974-5002) for more information.

OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE AT NCCS

OFFICE HELP:  We are in need of individuals who are able to cover the office
Tuesday -Friday during Mrs. Sochay's daily lunch break.  If you are
available and would like to help out, please call the school office.