Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:13:16 -0500

Remember, today is the last day to pick up your fruit sale orders (3:00pm at
the NCCS “barn).

God bless your family this Christmas season.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary/Administrative Asst.

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

 

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180   

*Change of address P.O. Box 80737, Lansing, MI  48908  

WARRIOR WEEKLY

December 15, 2008

“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the
Lord.”  Luke 2:11

Attachments:

1.	January Cleaning Schedule (Secondary only)
2.	Dual Enrollment Information

Coming up at NCCS

 

12/19                           ½ Day – School Dismissed at NOON

12/22                           Christmas Break Begins

1/5                               Teacher Work Day – NO SCHOOL

1/6                               School Resumes for 2009

1/19                             MLK Jr. Birthday

                                    Service Day – ½ Day

 

This Week in Sports   

Maps to away games are available from the coach.   Directions will not be
faxed, emailed, or given over the telephone.

Co-Ed Youth Basketball – all games at Our Savior Lutheran School

12/20   12pm vs. LAHAA Stoll

Boys’ Varsity Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

12/16   6:30pm at home vs. Rudolf Steiner

12/18   5pm at Flint Valley, Flint

Girls’ Varsity Basketball – home games at Doty Ctr. at GLCC

12/16   5pm     at home vs. Rudolf Steiner

 

REMINDER:  School will dismiss for Christmas Break this Friday at 12pm
(noon).  We will return to school on Tuesday, January 6th.  There will be no
pizza this Friday due to the early dismissal time.  

THANK YOU:  NCCS staff has been blessed with an outpouring of support from
our school families in wonderful ways (lunches, secret angel “surprises”,
school supplies, etc.).  Thank you so much your kindness and generosity! 

PAPER DRIVE:  At the beginning of the school year, each student brought in
two reams of paper.  We are happy to announce that the paper supply has
lasted almost the entire first semester!  Now that the paper supply is
dwindling, we are holding a “paper drive”.  If each family could bring in
2-3 reams of white 20 lb. paper to the school office, that should help us
through the remainder of the school year.  This is a perfect example of how
our school family can work together during this time, each of us doing a
little to help the school as a whole.  Thank you!  

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!  NCCS is planning a major fundraiser on February 28th.
We’ll be holding a silent and live auction and are in need of church and
school volunteers to serve on a working task force to plan the details for
an “OVER THE TOP” successful event.  Please contact Jim Ryckman at 323-8903
to help out!

REGARDING ACSI EVENTS:  Due to budget restrictions, the elementary and
middle school classes will not be participating in the ACSI spelling,
speech, math, and creative writing competitions this year.  We will have
school competitions.  (The cost for traveling to the ACSI regional
competitions includes the cost of substitute teachers on those days as well
as approximately $400 in student registrations).

DUAL ENROLLMENT OPPORTUNITIES:  NCCS will be offering dual enrollment
opportunities for home school students at the start of the second semester.
Please make sure to share the attached information sheet with any home
school families you know.  This is a great way to expand our current
enrollment!

REMINDER FOR TAP USERS:  Remember to place your order at
www.shopwithscrip.com <http://www.shopwithscrip.com/>  using Presto Pay no
later than 3:00pm on Wednesday.   Orders placed this Wednesday will be
available for pick-up Thursday, January 8th, from 8:00am – 8:30am.  Please
contact Carmen Fitch with any questions at [email-masked] or 974-5002.

 

HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT SKI OUTING:  The Logans are interested in putting
together a ski trip for any interested High School students over the
Christmas Break.  The date would most likely be Saturday, January 3, 2009.
The destination ski area and cost will be dependent on how many are
interested in going, how many drivers and vehicles are available, and the
level of skiing ability.  Interested High School students should contact Mr.
Logan at 517-333-8234 (home), 517-256-5772 (cell) or at [email-masked] as
soon as possible to gauge the level of interest.  Additional details will be
available by contacting Mr. Logan over the break.  Parents of High School
students are encouraged to join as drivers and/or skiers!

WARRIOR WEEKLY: Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be given to Mrs.
Sochay by 10:00am on THURSDAY.  Submissions should be emailed or turned in
to the school office on disk or thumb drive.  

LUNCH OPTIONS

SENIOR NACHO SALE:  The senior class will be selling nachos this Tuesday.
Preordering for nachos is not necessary; just come with your money and a
hungry appetite.  Nachos with cheese are $2.00, and meat can be added for
another $1.00.  Soda, juice boxes, and snacks will also be available.  All
money earned will go toward the senior class mission trip at the end of the
year.

WEDNESDAY BAKE SALE:  Mrs. Allen’s 4/5/6th grade classroom will be holding a
bake sale each Wednesday during both elementary and secondary lunch periods.
Money earned will go towards their year-end trip.  

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  Warm up with a grilled cheese sandwich and your choice
of Tomato or Chicken Noodle soup for hot lunch on Thursday.  Order forms are
only available via email with the Warrior Weekly or at the Communication
Station. Orders and money need to be placed in the Hot Lunch Box outside the
school office by 3:00pm on Wednesday. All proceeds will help the 4/5/6th
graders go on their fun, but very educational trip to Chicago at the end of
the year.  Any questions or suggestions for hot lunch? Contact Mary Hedin at
394-5729. Thanks for your continued support.

SPORTS NEWS

SPORTS SCHEDULES/DIRECTIONS:  Updated schedules will be provided by team
coaches and updates will be printed in the Warrior Weekly.  The school
secretary no longer distributes maps to away games; however, each coach will
make sure that players have directions to away games.  Please contact the
coach if you have any questions.  

WARRIOR CONCESSIONS:  Come support our NCCS athletes at their basketball
games.  There will be concessions at the Home games (hot dogs, popcorn,
water, candy).  All proceeds will go towards the Athletic Department.  Thank
you for your support.