Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:12:45 -0500

Parents:

There has been a late change regarding tonight’s basketball games at Owosso
Homeschool.  The Boys’ Junior Varsity will now play at 5:30pm and the Girls’
Varsity will now play at 6:30pm.  Unfortunately, I was not able to make the
change on the hard-copy of the Warrior Weekly, but you will see the
correction in red in this email version.  There has been no change to the
Boys’ Varsity game.

Mr. Klepal asked that the following information relating to the time change
be passed along:  The teams will leave the school at 4:30pm today.  The boys
will ride with Coach Richey and the girls with Mrs. Warner and Mrs.
Stevenson.  Mr. Klepal will stop by the school at 5:30pm to pick-up any boys
who did not leave with the 4:30pm group.  

Please contact the coach if you have any further questions.

Have a blessed day,

Mrs. Sochay

Our new email address is   <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked].  Please use this address for future
correspondence.

 

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

January 28, 2008

“Fight the good fight of the faith.  Take hold of the eternal life to which
you were called 

when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.”  1
Timothy 6:12

 

 

Attachments:

1.  February Cleaning Schedule (7th – 12th grade only)

2.  Parent-Teacher Conference Form

3.  Valentine’s Extravaganza 

4.  New Covenant Family Cookbook (only front emailed)

5.  Thursday Hot Lunch 

6.  Monday Subs

 

 

Coming up at NCCS

Feb. 1              Parent-Teacher Conferences – ½ DAY

Feb. 8              Daddy-Daughter Dance – 7:00pm

Feb. 9              Valentine’s Extravaganza – 6:00pm

Feb. 11            Parent-Teacher Coalition – 7:00pm

Feb. 15            Winter Break – NO SCHOOL

Feb. 18            Teacher Training – NO SCHOOL

 

 

 

NCCS Sports Schedule

Maps to away games are available at the school office.  They will be posted
by Friday for the following week’s games.  Families are responsible for
obtaining their own maps.  Directions will not be faxed, emailed, or given
over the telephone.  

Co-Ed Pee-Wee Basketball – all games played at Our Savior Lutheran

Feb. 2              11:00am vs. First Presbyterian

Boys’ Jr. Varsity/High Basketball – home games played at Aim High

Jan. 28             5:30pm vs. Owosso Homeschool, Owosso

Feb. 1              4:30pm vs. Capitol City Baptist, Holt

Girls’ Varsity Basketball – home games played at Aim High

Jan. 28             6:30pm vs. Owosso Homeschool, Owosso

Feb. 1              6:00pm vs. Capitol City Baptist, Holt

Boys’ Varsity Basketball – home games played at Aim High

Jan. 28             7:30pm vs. Owosso Homeschool, Owosso

Feb. 1              7:30pm vs. Capitol City Baptist, Holt

 

REMINDER:  Due to Parent-Teacher Conferences, school will dismiss at noon
this Friday.  The 5th/6th grade classroom will be offering pizza on Thursday
this week.

PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES:  Conferences will be held in the afternoon of
February 1st.  These Parent-Teacher Conferences are not as critical as our
first ones in November.  It is not necessary for everyone to have a
conference unless you would like one; however, we want to be sure to see
parents of students who may be struggling or need special attention for
academic or behavioral issues.  Please use the attached form to schedule a
conference, and return it to the office by 3:00pm this Wednesday.
Conferences will not be scheduled over the phone; however, you can return
the form via email.  You will receive email verification of your conference
time.    

ACSI DISTRICT SPELLING BEE RESULTS:  The following students participated in
the ACSI District Spelling Bee in Auburn Hills on Friday, January 25th:
Abby Castonguay (1st), Gideon Sochay (3rd), Garrett Hedin (4th), Isaac Selis
(5th), Eloise Gillengerten (6th), Ben Stevenson (7th), and Kristen Patterson
(8th).  Congratulations to Gideon and Kristen for earning 1st place in their
respective grades!  Well done spellers; you all did a great job representing
NCCS.

SAVE THE DATE:  The Valentine’s Extravaganza will be held Saturday, February
9th from 6:00–9:00pm in the Mount Hope Church gym.  Yes, we have a
different, larger location this year!  Join the senior class for a fun
evening of dinner and entertainment.  Proceeds from this event will support
the senior class mission trip.  Please see the attachment for more
information.  Tickets are available from any senior or in the school office.

 

DADDY-DAUGHTER DANCE:  Mark your calendars!  Friday, February 8th from
7:00-8:30pm is the Daddy- Daughter Dance.  This is a wonderful evening for
preschool–6th grade girls and their fathers.  The price is $12 for dad and
one daughter, and each additional daughter is $6.00.  Moms, if you would
like to help with the Daddy-Daughter Dance set-up, refreshments, etc.,
please contact Betsy Gillengerten (712-8477).  

HUNGRY AND COLD IN THE MORNING?  Parents, teachers, and students are invited
to stop by the kitchen to warm up with a cappuccino or hot cocoa and a yummy
muffin before school!  Items will be available on Thursday mornings from
8:00–8:20am.  Prices range from $1.00-$2.00.  Profits benefit the senior
class mission trip.  

NEW COVENANT FAMILY COOKBOOK:  New Covenant Christian School is teaming up
with New Covenant Christian Church to create a cookbook called “New Covenant
Family Cookbook.”  See the attached flyer for instructions on how to submit
your family favorites for the book.  More information (including purchase
price) will be available later.  Contact Lisa Prince (
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] or 627-0987) with any questions.

1ST/2ND GRADE CASTLE:  Mrs. Mowen’s 1st/2nd grade class is collecting Capri
Sun and other drink bag boxes to use for building their castle in the
spring.  Please drop boxes off at Mrs. Mowen’s classroom in the far end of
the east wing.  Thank you!

ACQUIRE THE FIRE INFORMATION:  Acquire the Fire returns to Detroit at the
Joe Louis Arena March 7-8, 2008! We are taking a large group from NCCC and
want to invite YOU to come. Chaperones are needed.  For more information,
including a registration form, visit CrossCultureYM.com or talk to Pastor
Jeremy.

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be
given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Friday in order to be considered for
the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the school
office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be approved and may be
edited.  

FUNDRAISING

CAMPBELL’S SOUP LABELS & BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION:  There are separate
collection boxes across from the office for Campbell’s Soup Labels and Box
Tops for Education labels.  Please bring your labels in and help us fill our
boxes!  

INK CARTRIDGES:  A school family owns a business refilling and selling ink
and toner cartridges, and they are generously donating 100% of their profit
back to NCCS every time a school family utilizes their services for
refilling ink and toner cartridges.  Take advantage of this great
opportunity to save money and help the school by contacting the Ink
Cartridge Explorium at (517) 490-0064.  Please identify yourself as part of
the NCCS family.