Subject: Warrior Weekly
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 10:56:52 -0400

I'd like to point out a correction for the hard copy of the Warrior Weekly
that is going home with students today.  In that version the Friday, May 9th
Girls' Varsity Soccer game is listed at 5:30pm.  Please note that the
correct time is 4:00pm.  It has been corrected in this email.

Also, the junior and senior classes are out of the building for a retreat
today.  If they don't arrive back to school in time then they will receive
the hard copy of the Warrior Weekly tomorrow.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

School Office:  517-323-8903     School Email: [email-masked]
Website: www.nccswarriors.org

School & Church Fax:  517-323-0421     Church Office:  517-323-8180     

WARRIOR WEEKLY

May 5, 2008

"But the man who loves God is known by God."  1 Corinthians 8:3

 

 

Attachments:

1.	Principal's Page
2.	Thursday Hot Lunch / Friday Pizza

Coming up at NCCS

May 8        PreK/Elem. Mother's Day Tea - 2:00pm

May 9        Band/Choir Concert - 7:00pm

May 11      Worship Concert - 7:00pm

May 12      Warriors Classic Serve-a-thon

May 17      Warriors Classic Golf Event

 

NCCS Sports Schedule

Maps to away games are available at the school office.  They will be posted
Friday for the following week's games.  Families are responsible for
obtaining their own maps.  Directions will not be faxed, emailed, or given
over the telephone.

Girls' Varsity Soccer - home games played at NCCS

May 5  5:30pm at home vs. Washtenaw Christian Academy

May 7  5:30pm at home vs. Will Carleton

May 9  4:00pm at home vs. Morrice

WARRIORS CLASSIC PRAYER POINTS

We're just one short week away from the Serve-a-thon!  Please pray for:

*	Unity of spirit & the bond of peace for the Host Team in these final
stages of planning; 
*	Positive response & support from prospective donors; 
*	100% participation from the school families.  (It's not too late to
send in brochures or sign up to give of your time for either of these
events!)
*	Good weather on May 12th and May 17th.  May the Son shine! 
*	Above all else, that Jesus is glorified in all we say & do!  

SCIENCE FAIR RESULTS:  Parents and students alike had a wonderful time at
the science fair on April 25th as they had the opportunity to view many
interesting presentations.  The results are in for the 1st - 3rd place
winners in each grade.  First place winners are:  Preston Hedin (5th),
Hannah Piotrowski (6th), Aubrey Shaw (7th), Will Logan (8th), Dalia Masaad
(9th), and Jamison Imhoff (10th).  Second place winners are:  Rachel
Mayfield (5th), Jacob Premer (6th), Ben Stevenson (7th), Kristen Patterson
(8th), Ben Allen (9th), and Mark Fitch (10th).  Third place winners are:
Gabriela Grant (5th), Noah Lukins (6th), Holly Vickers (7th), Ana Santo and
Zachary Harns (8th), Michael Hirschi and James Bender (9th), and Heather
Mayfield (10th).  Great job students!

SENIOR CLASS WORSHIP CONCERT:  The Seniors invite you to a worship concert
at the school this Sunday, May 11th from 7:00-9:00pm. Come join us as we
intercede for the kids we will be reaching out to on our mission trip.
During our trip we will be spending a week at the Tennyson Center in Denver,
CO. The Tennyson Center helps rehabilitate abused kids back into their
families or into foster homes. The worship concert will be a night to
worship God and intercede for the kids.

THANK YOU SOPHOMORE PARENTS:  Recently, the NCCS/NCCC staff was blessed by a
delicious breakfast provided by parents of the 10th grade students.  Thank
you so much, parents.  It was a great start to our day!

REGISTRATION INFORMATION:  The registration fee is currently $100 per
student. Remember, there is no longer a hold-and-deposit payment option so
all tuition must be paid in full prior to the start of school or paid in
monthly installments through F.A.C.T.S. (forms are available in the school
office).  Additionally, if you know your student(s) will not be returning
for 2008-2009, please let the office know by phone or email.  This will help
us plan for the upcoming school year.
 
PRESCHOOL/ELEMENTARY MOTHER'S DAY TEA:  The preschool and elementary classes
look forward to welcoming their mothers and grandmothers to a special tea in
their honor this Thursday, May 8th.  Guests may arrive at 1:45pm, and the
program begins at 2:00pm.        

THE NEW COVENANT FAMILY COOKBOOKS ARE IN:  The New Covenant Family Cookbook
is available for purchase.  They make a great gift for Mother's Day,
birthdays, showers, etc.  The cookbooks are $15.00 each or 3+ for $12.00
each.  They are available for purchase on Wednesday morning and after school
in the church lobby.  Contact Renee Moede (374-6895 or 775-6390) to arrange
another pick-up time.  

NCCS JUNIOR DRUMLINE:  The Junior Drumline (elementary students) will
practice at the school on Wednesdays at 3:30pm.  Contact Mr. Warner if you
have any questions (646-7071).

INFORMATION FROM MISS WILSON:  This year in our May 9th Spring Band and
Choir Concert we feature a special treat. Miss Wilson has invited The Senior
Class, a band comprised of senior citizens, to perform between our two NCCS
bands and then with our Concert Band. This group was originally organized by
George Wilson as an "oom-pah" or German band.  Upon the death of George
Wilson, Henry Nelson took over as musical director of the band and expanded
their repertoire. Jerry Hough assumed the business responsibilities of the
band and also serves as announcer for the group. Most of The Senior Class
members are in their 70's and 80's, but, as our own band at NCCS is
discovering as we struggle through, they are in pretty good shape. Please
plan to join us on May 9th at 7:00 pm to enjoy the performance of our
students and to help receive our special guests, The Senior Class.  By the
way, one of our NCCS seniors has grandparents who are members of The Senior
Class. Can you guess which NCCS senior?

Parents, please note that band students in grades 7-12 have a more uniform
standard of concert attire.  We will wear our standard concert attire for
this concert, except that students may wear short-sleeved white dress
shirts, as the weather is getting warmer.  Please make arrangements for your
child to be on time on the night of the concert; secondary band students
should be seated in Mrs. Feldpausch's room by 6:25pm.  The 5th/6th grade
band should report to Mrs. Allen's room by 6:40pm.  As we are performing
with The Senior Class on this evening, out of respect for them, we need to
be on time.

I am still looking for assistance with the Afterglow reception after the
concert.  Please contact me at the school ([email-masked] or
323-8903) if you are able to help.  As a reminder, all families should plan
to bring one dozen cookies to the Afterglow.

THURSDAY HOT LUNCH:  Bring your own lunch this time because dessert will be
on the menu. This will be the last hot lunch for the year.  A BIG thank you
to all who have supported the 5/6th grade by purchasing hot lunches and
buying snacks throughout the year.

MONDAY SUBS:  Remember, Monday subs are no longer available.  Thank you,
again, for supporting the senior class through your sub purchases!

WARRIOR WEEKLY SUBMISSIONS:  Submissions for the Warrior Weekly must be
given to Mrs. Sochay by 10:00am this Friday in order to be considered for
the next issue.  Submissions may be emailed or turned in to the school
office on disk or thumb drive.  Submissions must be approved and may be
edited.