Subject: RE: Academic Alert/Restriction
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Mike'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:59:11 -0400

I think a student on AA/Restriction can attend games to cheer on their team
if they'd like.  This is one of the areas that we're working on clarifying
as we revise the Parent-Student Handbook.  But, yes, the school is always
communicating with the parents about AA/Restriction status so you will never
be left in a position where you have to tell the student about that.  But,
we notify the coaches because in the past students were playing when they
shouldn't simply because coaches didn't know their status (and apparently,
the students didn't volunteer it).  So we make sure to tell coaches when a
student can't play for AA/Restriction or absence reasons.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

  _____  

From: Mike [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 2:34 PM
To: NCCSOFFICE
Subject: Re: Academic Alert/Restriction

I wasn't sure if I needed to since I would imagine you are speaking to the
parents about the students progress.  I primarily needed to know the policy
about the student attending the game.  Last year the girls who couldn't play
didn't even come to the games.  They must have decided that on their own.
Ok, thank you for your help!

----- Original Message ----- 

From: NCCSOFFICE <mailto:[email-masked]>  

To: 'Mike' <mailto:[email-masked]>  

Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:56 PM

Subject: RE: Academic Alert/Restriction

I told her because I saw her when she checked in, but I don't always see
students at check-in (if I'm away from my desk) and often I get busy and
can't tell them.  The ultimate responsibility to tell them lies with the
coach, but I try to help when I can.  She may attend, but just can't play.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

  _____  

From: Mike [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:39 PM
To: NCCSOFFICE
Subject: Re: Academic Alert/Restriction

Christy,

Is it my responsibility to tell her or does she already know?  Also, is she
not even allowed to come with us or just not play?

Thank you,

Mike

----- Original Message ----- 

From: NCCSOFFICE <mailto:[email-masked]>  

To: 'Ron Klepal' <mailto:[email-masked]>  ; [email-masked] ;
'Lindsey <mailto:[email-masked]>  Hoxie' 

Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:25 PM

Subject: Academic Alert/Restriction

AD & Coaches,

Great news.another week without any students on AA/Restriction.  All
students are academically eligible to play.  I will not be sending hard-copy
notification.

Mike, Heather Mayfield is not eligible to play today.  She was not in school
the required number of hours.  Please respond so that I know you received
this.

Thanks for serving!  Have a blessed day.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

__________ NOD32 3034 (20080417) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
http://www.eset.com

__________ NOD32 3034 (20080417) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
http://www.eset.com