Subject: RE: NCCS girls soccer
From: "NCCSOFFICE" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Mike'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 10:41:29 -0500

Well, congratulations!  I hope you enjoy the season.

I'll start off by saying that I am limited in the help I am able to offer.
NCCS could use a part-time secretary for the athletic department, but I know
it isn't going to happen and I do not have the time to add that to my
responsibilities.  I do try to keep out of "sports stuff" simply because I
know I can't do too much in that area.  However, I offer help where I can.
Here is what you can count on me for:

1)       I have maps available for away games.  I put them on the office
door the Thursday before the next week's away games.  As you may have
noticed in the Warrior Weekly, I do not fax, email, or give directions over
the phone.  Please remind the players to make sure and pick up their maps
before game day.  However, you can also come in at any time and make copies
of maps to hand out to the players.many coaches do that.  

2)       I have schedules on the office door also.  I revise them as I'm
given revisions from Ron K.  I don't have a soccer schedule from Ron yet,
but I expect it soon.  Coaches should make sure to distribute a schedule at
the start of the season, as well as new ones when revisions are made.  Ron
is pretty good about making sure coaches get the schedules, but you can
always get one from my door (after I have it).  

3)       I notify all coaches via email and hard copy in the mail of the
Academic Alert/Restriction status for students.  I don't always know who is
playing which sport, so what you'll get is the email list for the entire
secondary and you can just look on it to see if one of your players is
listed.  Remember, students on Restriction may not play in games.  Students
on Alert may play in games.  

4)       I'm just starting this now, but I'll email names of students who
are absent on game day.  Again, I'll probably just email all secondary names
and let individual coaches look for their own players.  The main reason I am
doing this is because a student must be in school 4 class periods (not
including lunch) to be able to play their sport that day.  Coaches don't
really have a way to know if a player is sick or was only here for part of a
day and possibly ineligible to play.  Since I'm just starting this, bear
with me if I miss a few.

5)       Forms to sign-up for soccer are already available in the school
office.  I think some girls have already taken care of that.  You can come
in and grab a stack to take to practice for the rest of the girls.  

You can see why we could really use a part-time Athletic Secretary.there's a
lot of "detail" stuff that has to be taken care of. Honestly, to help your
own program run more smoothly you will find it helpful if you 1) give out
schedule and revisions yourself 2) give out maps to away games 3) give out
participation forms.  I'm not saying this to be lazy and do less work, but
this is how you will make sure that each player fill out the forms/makes
payment and knows where they are going and when.  Each coach handles it
differently though.  Ruth Imhoff is very detail-oriented and does lots of
stuff for guys' soccer.  It just depends on how much time you have. If you
don't have time to give to players at practice they can easily enough get
the stuff from the office themselves. 

I don't know specifically where the uniforms are, but I know some (possibly
all) are kept in the NCCS attic.  You'll want to ask Ron K about that.
Actually, he's the person for most of your questions. As for uniforms from
last year, sorry but I don't know about that.  Here's a suggestion from
guys' soccer:  at the end of the season require each player to return the
uniform to you.  Ruth I. does that and that is how they always know where
the uniforms are and make sure all are returned.  Sorry that doesn't help
you now, but it'll help for next year and should probably be standard
practice.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  I'll answer what I can or
refer you on to the right person.

Mrs. Christy Sochay

Secretary

New Covenant Christian School

517-323-8903

  _____  

From: Mike [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 6:59 PM
To: New Covenant
Subject: NCCS girls soccer

Hi Christy.

I am hoping you may be able to help me.  I have agreed to take over the
girls soccer responsibilities and need some help with the "details"

and have questions about how things are handled.  I first of all would like
a copy of the game schedule if it is available.  For the away games, are
there maps ready to go or does that need to be done?  Are there forms that
each girl (family) need to fill out in order to play?  I have really nothing
at this time.  I have spoken once to Russ on the phone and briefly at a
practice.  He said he would try and make himself available to drive the bus
but would be somewhat limited.  I also would like to know where the uniforms
might be.  I know that new uniforms were purchased last year but Kevin
Imhoff told me he thought that some were not returned.  

Sooooooo...saying all of that, I need some direction.  Can you let me know
who is to do what and put me in touch with those responsible if possible?  I
appreciate your patience with this until I can get things put in order.
Thanks again for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Michael Bishop
Work Phone 517-321-4144
Cell Phone 571-775-4916
[email-masked] 

__________ NOD32 2920 (20080304) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
http://www.eset.com