Subject: FW: New CA Regs Effective 10/08/10
From: "Cynthia Mounday" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:30:46 -0700

Hi Mike,

Do you have these postings for us to send to our CA clients??? Please
see below  Thanks 

Cynthia Mounday

Chief Operating Officer

Pinnacle Group/Silverleaf Benefits

290 S. Alma School Rd.

Suite 1

Chandler, AZ 85224

480 894-5333 Office

480 894-5288 Fax

[email-masked]

 

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this electronic mail
is privileged and confidential and is intended for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If the reader of  this message is not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender and delete all copies

From: Chris Hecht [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:20 PM
To: Dave Humphries; SDL.BSD.Smyrna; SDL.BSD.Underwriting
Subject: New CA Regs Effective 10/08/10

Hello Valued Partners,

Please review this communication carefully if you have any employment
locations or work comp exposures in California.   

California's Department of Worker's Compensation (DWC) recently released
regulations that require all employers within the state to post a new
'Notice to Employees - Injuries Caused by Work.'  This Notice is a DWC
state form with number DWC-7.  Employers must post this notice, in a
conspicuous location frequented by employees, by October 8, 2010.
Failure to post the notice by the October deadline can result in a
misdemeanor and up to $7,000 in civil penalties.

Employers must also distribute a new 'Your Rights to Workers'
Compensation Benefits' pamphlet (factsheet) to all new employees who
start to work on or after October 8, 2010, at the time of hire or before
the end of the first pay period.

All California employers must: 

*	Post the new version of the 'Notice to Employees - Injuries
Caused by Work' (Revised 6/10) by October 8, 2010.  This is form DWC-7.

*	Distribute a new 'Your Rights to Workers' Compensation Benefits'
pamphlet (factsheet) to all new employees who start to work on or after
October 8, 2010, at the time of hire or before the end of the first pay
period.   
*	Provide form DWC-1 to an injured worker, within one working day
of receipt of a request from an injured worker or their representative. 

Employers within an existing Medical Provider Network (MPN) must also: 

*	Display a complete MPN Notice and post it next to the revised
'Notice to Employees - Injuries Caused by Work' poster DWC-7 by October
8, 2010. 

Employers who are implementing, changing or terminating an MPN must
also: 

*	Post a complete MPN Notice next to the 'Notice to Employees -
Injuries Caused by Work' poster DWC-7 by October 8, 2010.  
*	Give all employees notice that you are implementing,
terminating, or changing the MPN.    

I am working with our IT Department in Scottsdale, AZ to update the
Artex Cedar Hill website in this regard.  Our website address is:
www.cedarhill.com <http://www.cedarhill.com/> .  Click on the Tools
link, then Claims Management Tools and then CA Managed Care.  We have
added links for CA forms DWC-1 and DWC-7.  We have also added links for
DWC pamphlets (factsheets) in English and Spanish for new hires.
Broadspire (our TPA) will soon be furnishing copies of the updated
notices and documents that pertain to their new (10/9/10) Signature Plus
MPN.  Our website will be updated with these new MPN notices and forms.

This will be a work-in-progress during the next few weeks.  In the
interim if you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks much,   

David Humphries
Claims Account Manager
Artex Analytics, Artex Risk Solutions, Inc.
1246 Concord Road, Suite B-200
Smyrna, GA. 30080
T: (770) 333-1933 F: (770) 333-1871
[email-masked]