Subject: PCI Compliance
From: "Vaughan, Janet" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 14:31:29 -0700

Good Afternoon Mike,

I have been asked to follow up with you regarding your PCI compliance
status.  The e-mail that I have displayed below would have been sent out
previously, but may have been missed as it is sent directly to the
e-mail account associated with the PayPal Account.  Can you please
advise where you are at from a compliance perspective?  If you have not
yet obtained the certificate, can you advise when you might be able to
do so?

Thanks

Janet

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 

To: PayPal Merchant

Subject: Reminder: PCI Certification [ACTION REQUIRED]

Thank you for choosing PayPal for your payment processing needs. Please
review this email for action you must take to meet industry compliance
requirements and maintain your account status at PayPal.

Why am I getting this notification?

This notification is to prompt you to take action to meet Payment Card
Industry (PCI) standards within your business. As your processor of
payment card transactions, PayPal must validate your compliance to these
industry mandated requirements.

What are the security standards my business needs to meet?

The PCI mandates that you meet minimum online security requirements.
This means enrolling with a Visa and MasterCard-certified security
vendor for PCI certification services consisting of Quarterly Security
Scanning of your office and store Internet connections as well as your
website, plus the completion of a Security Self-Assessment
Questionnaire.

Additional information on the security standards can be found at:

www.pcisecuritystandards.org

More information on the MasterCard and Visa security programs can be
found at the following sites:

Visa USA - www.visa.com/cisp

MasterCard - www.mastercard.com/sdp

How does my business become - and stay - compliant? 

4 steps to staying PCI compliant:

                                                

- Complete and pass the annual security self-assessment questionnaire.

- Complete and pass quarterly security scans of your internet
infrastructure.                      

- Get your certificate of compliance.

- Fax your certificate to PayPal at (303)395-2821.

What if I fail to become PCI compliant?                           

Your Website Payments Pro Account will be disabled by PayPal. In
addition to the impact to the processing relationship, the fines
incurred by the payment brands can range up to $500,000 when a data
breach occurs.  

 

What are the timelines required to complete this?

You have 30 days to certify your compliance. If you cannot complete this
within the allotted timeframe, you can prevent your Website Payments Pro
Account from being disabled by:

- Demonstrating a plan of action to become PCI compliant.

- Reply to this email with a plan of action within 7 days.

- After your initial request, you have 30 days to obtain your
certificate of compliance.

 

PayPal's here to help - with cost-saving compliance resources.

We've contracted with McAfee, a Visa- and MasterCard- certified PCI
vendor, to help our customers achieve compliance with six devices at no
cost for the first year 

-          Enroll with McAfee online at:
https://www.mcafeesecure.com/Affiliate.sa?a=15751&u=21865&c0=269&k0=SJ2V
qSgTpg&framed=Y         

Questions?

Please contact us at 866-837-1851 or write us at
[email-masked]

Keep in mind, if as a merchant your business experiences a data breach,
your business is ultimately held responsible. Your diligence in this
matter will ultimately protect your customer, your business, and your
processing relationship with PayPal. 

Sincerely,

PayPal, Inc

 

P.S.  On November 3 - 4, PayPal is hosting Innovate 2009
<https://www.paypal-communications.com/innovate2009> , an exclusive
event for developers who can get exclusive access to new APIs and much
more.  <http://paypal.com/innovate2009> Use promo code PAYPALX49 before
October 15th to get a special discount rate of $49.

Janet Vaughan 
PayPal Merchant Solutions | Account Manager 

PayPal
The safer, easier way to pay online

12312 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE 68128
Direct  402.516.9489  |  Black Berry  402.960.8185
|  Fax  402.537.5790